ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Wizards? What an I missing? Thought I just read the Celtics beat them.

they did but in the playin tourney the team that loses the 7/8 match up then plays the winner of the 9/10 to see who will be the 8 seed. So the Sixers will be facing either the Wizards or the Pacers on Sunday depending on the outcome of their game tomorrow.

Reactions: MJG-90
they did but in the playin tourney the team that loses the 7/8 match up then plays the winner of the 9/10 to see who will be the 8 seed. So the Sixers will be facing either the Wizards or the Pacers on Sunday depending on the outcome of their game tomorrow.
Okay. I thought it was just a one and done with the two winners advancing.

Reactions: jmorovich
Looks like it’s gonna be the Wizards Sunday for the Sixers. Where the hell was this effort against Boston?

Sixers lead 99-93 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Tough 1st half for JoJo, as he got called for 3 fouls, and only played @ 10 minutes, so Tobias had to carry the offensive load. JoJo's made a big impact in the 2nd half. The Wizards do cause some problems for the Sixers with their backcourt of Beal and Westbrook, plus they have 18 fouls to spread out amongst their 3 centers while dealing with JoJo.

Interestingly, the Sixers start the 4th quarter with all bench players on the floor.

Sixers take Game 1, 125-118.
Expected a little bit of a rusty close game. Sixers off for almost 10 days and Wizards in playoff mode for a couple weeks now. All that matters is a win. Only thing I’ll softly complain about is 0-6 from the FT line for Simmons. 15 Rebs and 15 Assist and great D does make up for it but I hope that’s not a trend going forward.

On to game 2 Wednesday.

That was a really fun game to watch. Both teams played with intensity and the Sixers defense and a string of critical 3 pointers by Curry and Green put it away. Embid and Harris were both dominant throughout the game scoring 30 and 37 respectively. The only disappointing play I saw was from Korkmaz.

Last edited:
Nice to get the win in game 1. But outside of Harris, the Sixers did not play like a 1 seed. Simmons going 0-6 from the FT line including two near the end is inexcusable.

Nice to get the win in game 1. But outside of Harris, the Sixers did not play like a 1 seed. Simmons going 0-6 from the FT line including two near the end is inexcusable.
He can’t shoot fouls but he did have 15 rebounds and 15 assists plus he played great defense. It’s nice to have a point guard who is 6’10”.

He can’t shoot fouls but he did have 15 rebounds and 15 assists plus he played great defense. It’s nice to have a point guard who is 6’10”.
No complaints about Ben’s strengths. But making FTs is sometimes the difference between wins and losses. I not suggesting not playing Simmons, but he has to at least make a couple of those.

Korkmaz (sp?) looked terrible in the few minutes he was in, so he rightfully sat the bench in the second half.

No complaints about Ben’s strengths. But making FTs is sometimes the difference between wins and losses. I not suggesting not playing Simmons, but he has to at least make a couple of those.

Korkmaz (sp?) looked terrible in the few minutes he was in, so he rightfully sat the bench in the second half.
I agree. I think he’s a little over 60% for the year and has improved each year in the league. He never shoots beyond 10 feet but typically gets his points at the rim. He had a great putback slam today after an Embid miss. If Simmons could shoot the whole dynamic of the offense would change but at this point I doubt he will ever develop his shot.

Reactions: jrs1024
Ben is not a good FT shooter obviously, but this was extreme. If he just goes 4-6 from the line he gets a triple double today.
Tobias was terrific just as he has been all season. He and Embiid are the first pair of Sixers to both drop 30 or more in the same playoff game since 1990! Yikes. Sir Charles and AI had to play with a lot of slop.

The Wizards shot 56% from the field and still lost by 7. Hopefully the rust is off and well roll from here.

When the Sixers are rolling, they look unbeatable. However, they still have long stretches where they look off. As long as the good stretches outnumber the bad, it will be good enough to beat most teams. But not sure that will work against the Bucks, Nets, and some West teams.

the Sixers with a solid win over the Wizards, 120-95. Ben Simmons was scoring early. Thybulle's defense was exceptional. The Sixers did so many things well that they emptied their bench in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Doc Rivers had a great analogy regarding Thybulle. Doc said that Thybulle off the bench is the defensive equivalent of Lou Williams off the bench. In just under 20 mins he had 5 blocks and 4 steals, smothering defense. Looking ahead, if we match up with the Nets in the ECFs, Thybulle could be the X Factor.

Sixers up 14 at the half. Scored 72 in the half. Every Sixer that hits the court is playing well at this point. Danny on fire but Joel is doing God’s work out there tonight. 25 at the half and doing whatever he feels like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT