ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Phillies Thread

Brookie bringing the heat. I posted here that a long time ago someone told me that when discussing Middleton that the name Peter Angelos was frequently said. That’s not a good thing and Middleton has largely adopted a similar approach since becoming visible. Questionable veteran additions, a string of bad luck, and a farm system that doesn’t provide enough help at the big league level. Arietta, Carlos Santana, Cutch, Segura to start, Robertson and Herrera as bad luck, and basically Bohm and nothing else out of the farm. You can’t call Herrera bad luck but you didn’t think he’d slap around women as being the issue that resulted in his banishment.

The saddest thing is that I don’t think they have a clue on how to fix it. If Harper wasn’t here, this would be a total tear down. They are really stuck in a bad place

If they were willing to spend stupid money on players there should be no reason not to spend stupid money on competent front office personnel.

NY Post impressed. Calls it "stunning".

He likes to make big moves. The easy one is to say that he resigns JT. I don’t know if there aren’t other ideas he might have. If they move Segura and we’re to not bring JT back, does he pick up the call and ask about Lindor? I don’t see how they have the assets to acquire Lindor and if the Mets know JT is out, then the new guy will go guns blazing to make this splash.

If they want to win now and Middleton has been listening, how about bringing back JT and trading Hoskins+ for Kris Bryant. Keeps his buddy happy, let’s Bohm move to first and all of a sudden you’ve got thunder 3-4-5. You can’t sign Bryant most likely and have those 3 contracts + Wheeler but put all the chips in and worry about Bryant after the year.

But it’s imperative that he add 2-3 good arms in the pen.

He’s not here to sit back and retool. He’s 64, used to winning, and this is his last stop. It might get interesting,

Interesting hire of Fuld as GM. He was in the running for the Red Sox manager job. He is an analytics guy, so different than Dombrowksi. Haven't seen news on any changes in scouting, which is where I think they need the most help. Especially internationally, this is where the top teams seem to find a lot of talent and where the Phils have been missing.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Phillies doing some work!

Bradley is a nice pickup. Galvis? Not sure. Know is gold glover caliber at SS.

Reactions: BrianS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT