ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

Some damn fun semis! Way to gut it RBY! Holy Moly N Lee match was something to see! Keep it rolling fellas....

My boy RIDGETOP LOVETT making the finals.

Very ok with the fact that SLee is the only guy on the iowa roster that wrestles like SLee

Wow! What a great position by Deakin! Coleman looked like he was almost ready to tap out!

BB with Rev and then gives the E tied 5-5 with 130 to go

149 Cons. R2: Beau Bartlett vs. Yahya Thomas (NW)

Per 1
Thomas in on a leg, BB with a counter and trips Thomas to the mat for the TD, 2-0. Nice move. Thomas with a quick esc, 2-1. End. RT @ 13 sec for BB

Per 2
Thomas takes bottom. Thomas is out in @ 20 sec, 2-2. Thomas in on a leg, and gets behind for the TD, 2-4. BB to his feet and out, 3-4.

Per 3
BB takes bottom. He works a bit and gets a reversal, 5-4. Thomas with an esc, 5-5. RT is not a factor. Thomas in on a single, BB sprawls, they scramble, and stoppage for PD with 19 sec left. End

SV
Thomas gets behind, BB scrambles, and a stalemate with 44 sec left. That was close. Thomas in on a single, he picks up the knee, BB with a whizzer, BB tries to roll thru, crazy scramble, and Thomas gets the TD. Damn 5-7, BB loses

Every year at tournaments, B1Gs, and NCAAs, Byers drives me crazy with his propensity to talk about other matches taking place while a PSUer is wrestling.

Marinelli scared to try a turn...or Amine doing that strong of a turtle move...YAWN

BB with Rev and then gives the E tied 5-5 with 130 to go
Not sure why BB didn't even try to ride after the reversal. Guess he figured he couldn't get RT up over a minute.

Overall, BB just let his opponent get to his legs too often, Cost him a couple times.

Hopefully, BB gets an at large pick. He stands at 8-3 right now with "good losses" (e.g., Yaya Thomas and Sasso)

What has psu done besides 40 less points than Iowa?
start 6 freshman, maybe? Iowa deserves the season, they do. but hitting reply to ask "what" is a failure on your part, not his. You cant say your studs have looked good outside of SLee. They just havent. Maybe unfair expectations but they are the clear favorites and in this round are not wrestling a f** style.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Didn't Berge beat his next opponent in the dual? I assume if he wins he punches his ticket to NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT