ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

Berge really put a Licking on that dude!
I was really enjoying that match because Manning is such a crybaby whiner without a mask yet. When Brady started in the bottom position and Licking threw in the boots, maskless Manning was screaming " punish him, punish him" even though Brady had a 6-2 lead at the time. He's such a douche bag and I know you guys get irritated by Amine's Father but Manning irritates me even more!

Probably not. Murin went 0-2. I can't imagine he gets an at large. But who knows.

If he does, BB should certainly get one. At least he won a match.

6 wild cards at 149. 7 allocations for Big Ten. 8th place will get a wild card. Its hard to imagine that 5 other wrestlers would get wild cards over #5 ranked Murin.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Team Scoring:
Iowa - 126.5
PSU - 111.5
Nebraska - 88
Michigan - 76
Purdue - 67
NW - 63.5
Mine - 62.5
MSU - 61
tOSU - 61
Rutgers - 35
Illini - 25.5
Risky - 23.5
Indy - 22
Maryland - 2

Wrestlers in the Finals:
Iowa - 6
PSU - 4
Nebraska - 3
Michigan - 2
tOSU - 2
Purdue - 1
NW - 1
Minny - 1

Wrestlers in Consolation Semis:
MSU - 5
PSU - 4
Nebraska - 4
Purdue - 4
NW - 4
Michigan - 3
tOSU - 3
Rutgers - 3
Minny - 2
Wisky - 2
Indy - 2
Iowa has 3 in consi semis.

I was really enjoying that match because Manning is such a crybaby whiner without a mask yet. When Brady started in the bottom position and Licking threw in the boots, maskless Manning was screaming " punish him, punish him" even though Brady had a 6-2 lead at the time. He's such a douche bag and I know you guys get irritated by Amine's Father but Manning irritates me even more!
Yeah, he’s the worst. Without the fans you hear more of his idiocy

Probably not. Murin went 0-2. I can't imagine he gets an at large. But who knows.

If he does, BB should certainly get one. At least he won a match.
Not how it works at all. Murin is a lock. Bartlett is a long shot. Only has wins over the Maryland starters at 149.

Pretty big mistake not wrestling Bartlett all year. He has no quality wins at the weight and was already ranked on the fringe of the coaches rankings.

Reactions: 1032004 and Fatmarc
6 wild cards at 149. 7 allocations for Big Ten. 8th place will get a wild card. Its hard to imagine that 5 other wrestlers would get wild cards over #5 ranked Murin.
I guess you're right. Especially with so many teams not going this year. It just seems illogical to go 0-2 at BIGs and make it to nationals.

Reactions: nitlion6
PSU matches tomorrow:

125: Howard vs. Malik Heinselman (OSU) in the Consolation Semis
133: RBY vs. Austin DeSanto (Iowa) in the Finals
141: Nick Lee vs. Jaydin Eierman (Iowa) in the Finals
157: Brady Berge vs. Brayton Lee (Minny) in the Consolation Semis
165: Joe Lee vs. David Ferrante (NW) in the 7th Place Match
174: Carter Stracci vs. Michael Kemmerer (Iowa) in the Finals
184: Aaron Brooks vs. Taylor Venz (Nebraska) in the Finals
195: Michael Beard vs. Cameron Caffey (MSU) in the Consolation Semis
285: Greg Kerkvilet vs. Christian Lance (Nebraska) in the Consolation Semis

Question for my dad, who wants to watch the individual mat replays on YouTube:

Is there a list somewhere breaking out the entirety of each mat's competition, in order? Anyone seen anything like that?

There was a lot of talk about Iowa's bonus potential. DeSanto, Eierman, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Warner and Cass combined to get 4 TDs in the Semis.
You have to think some of that was ring rust - they haven’t wrestled competitively since when?

Reactions: Fatmarc
I assume Beau’s s a long shot for at large bid. Anyone care to give odds or % chance he gets at large bid? TIA
He's likely ineligible for an at-large.

Here are the criteria:
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ch.../2020-21D1MWR_QualifierAllocationCriteria.pdf

Wrestlers that meet two or more of the at-large consideration standards will be eligible for at-large selection. Minimum standards include:
Y - .700 overall winning percentage (8-3 = 73%)
N - .700 Division I winning percentage at the weight class (4-3 = 57%)
Maybe - Top 33 Coaches Ranking (Taken after the qualifying tournament)
N - One win against a wrestler who qualified via a pre-allocated spot or AQ
N - Qualifying event placement one below pre-allocated spots
N - Seeded in top 16 during 2020 selections
N - Finished in top 8 during 2019 Championships

The only way he's eligible is if he somehow makes the final Coaches Ranking. He was 26th and went 1-2. Not looking good.

If he is somehow eligible, then you start getting into who needs an at-large. Murin losing hurts here -- one less spot for Beau.

Question for my dad, who wants to watch the individual mat replays on YouTube:

Is there a list somewhere breaking out the entirety of each mat's competition, in order? Anyone seen anything like that?
Each match is assigned a bout number. If you can find brackets with them listed, at least it gives you an idea of where to find them. My start would be Track or the PSU Wrestling Club. You may even find the mat assignments on them.

I want implying automatically. Just thinking since he's already qualified and had a med Forfeit he will again.
Now, that is possible.
They could have been using the Tom Ryan playbook and take the default into the conscis to avoid a possible ass beating and save your efforts for the wrestle backs.

Wow. Lots of wrestling today. We looked asleep in the morning but came out firing in session 2.

9 guys going to nationals..big positive as Lemon always said we need at least 8.

Feel bad for Beau. Kid seems to give 100% effort every match. Size definetly hurt him. Bright future for the kid. Was a pleasure watching him this year. Hope he gets a wildcard but highly doubt it.

MVP—Nick Lee. What a match against a great opponent

Balls of steel—Aaron Brooks. Coming back after getting bit, scratched and what appeared to be a bad ankle injury. Puts Brands on his back and shows the champion he is

Iceman—Carter Starocci. What else can you say? Ice in his veins. Beat 3 #2 ranked wrestlers this year. Keeps finding a way against the best competition.

Mr. Smooth-RBY..looked in business mode today. Air of confidence about him like he knows he’s the best guy on the mat.

Howard..disappointed he dropped the first one.Stormed thru backside (showed a lot of heart) and the win against Ragusin will give him a ton of confidence. Looked really good upper body

Berge..total professional wrestler. I enjoy watching him and feel like he can win every match.

Beard..looked EXCELLENT all day. Totally out wrestled Amine and without the slip wins it. Very excited for him going forward.

Kerk..I realize he’s just getting back into it and probably hasn’t had a ton if any mat time. He took it on the chin vs Parris but I’m grateful he’s on our team. Watch out once he gets his lungs and a little more mat time. Can’t wait to see him in a couple weeks.

Joe Lee..Dispointing tournament.Nothing else to say. I’m sure he’s not happy with his performance and I feel for him. He snuck in and qualified to NCAAs. He’s a LEE, I love him and hope he takes this opportunity to dial it in and trust his low shots. He’s so good when he’s shooting low.

Proud of all our guys today!!

All positives tomorrow! Let’s Go!!!

1​
Iowa, IA Iowa, IA (GET)
IOWA​
126.5​
2​
Penn State, PA Penn State, PA (GET)
PSU​
111.5​
3​
Nebraska, NE Nebraska, NE (GET)
NEB​
88.0​
4​
Michigan, MI Michigan, MI (GET)
MICH​
76.0​
5​
Purdue, IN Purdue, IN (GET)
PUR​
67.0​
6​
Northwestern, IL Northwestern, IL (GET)
NU​
63.5​
7​
Ohio State, OH Ohio State, OH (GET)
OSU​
63.0​
8​
Minnesota, MN Minnesota, MN (GET)
MINN​
62.5​
9​
Michigan State, MI Michigan State, MI (GET)
MSU​
61.0​
10​
Rutgers, NJ Rutgers, NJ (GET)
RUT​
35.0​
11​
Illinois, IL Illinois, IL (GET)
ILL​
25.5​
12​
Wisconsin, WI Wisconsin, WI (GET)
WIS​
23.5​
13​
Indiana, IN Indiana, IN (GET)
IND​
22.0​
14​
Maryland, MD Maryland, MD (GET)
MD​
2.0​

I'm up in the mountains of NE WA state. Sometimes we have enough satellite to watch a video others times not. Had to work some in middle of day but tried to follow as much as possible. We do have bigten network but had to follow on track for other matches.

Thats a beautiful (and remote) place to be.

Reactions: danoftw and 1AA
2021 Big Ten Championships
Team Standings
Team
Score​
# F​
# Consi
Semi​
# 3rd-4th​
# 5th-6th​
# 7th-8th​
Max
Possible​
Iowa
126.5​
6​
3​
188​
Penn State
111.5​
4​
4​
1​
172.5​
Nebraska
88​
3​
4​
1​
143​
Michigan
76​
2​
3​
3​
122.5​
Purdue
67​
1​
4​
3​
116​
Northwestern
63.5​
1​
4​
2​
109.5​
Minnesota
62.5​
1​
2​
4​
97.5​
Michigan State
61​
5​
2​
109.5​
Ohio State
61​
2​
3​
98.5​
Rutgers
35​
3​
1​
63.5​
Illinois
25.5​
1​
2​
40​
Wisconsin
23.5​
2​
1​
43.5​
Indiana
22​
2​
39​
Maryland
2​
2​

Reactions: Dogwelder
Wow. Lots of wrestling today. We looked asleep in the morning but came out firing in session 2.

9 guys going to nationals..big positive as Lemon always said we need at least 8.

Feel bad for Beau. Kid seems to give 100% effort every match. Size definetly hurt him. Bright future for the kid. Was a pleasure watching him this year. Hope he gets a wildcard but highly doubt it.

MVP—Nick Lee. What a match against a great opponent

Balls of steel—Aaron Brooks. Coming back after getting bit, scratched and what appeared to be a bad ankle injury. Puts Brands on his back and shows the champion he is

Iceman—Carter Starocci. What else can you say? Ice in his veins. Beat 3 #2 ranked wrestlers this year. Keeps finding a way against the best competition.

Mr. Smooth-RBY..looked in business mode today. Air of confidence about him like he knows he’s the best guy on the mat.

Howard..disappointed he dropped the first one.Stormed thru backside (showed a lot of heart) and the win against Ragusin will give him a ton of confidence. Looked really good upper body

Berge..total professional wrestler. I enjoy watching him and feel like he can win every match.

Beard..looked EXCELLENT all day. Totally out wrestled Amine and without the slip wins it. Very excited for him going forward.

Kerk..I realize he’s just getting back into it and probably hasn’t had a ton if any mat time. He took it on the chin vs Parris but I’m grateful he’s on our team. Watch out once he gets his lungs and a little more mat time. Can’t wait to see him in a couple weeks.

Joe Lee..Dispointing tournament.Nothing else to say. I’m sure he’s not happy with his performance and I feel for him. He snuck in and qualified to NCAAs. He’s a LEE, I love him and hope he takes this opportunity to dial it in and trust his low shots. He’s so good when he’s shooting low.

Proud of all our guys today!!

All positives tomorrow! Let’s Go!!!
Getting tired of thinking “can Carter really beat this guy”? One more upset tomorrow and he’s #1 seed in STL.

Reactions: pish69
There was a lot of talk about Iowa's bonus potential. DeSanto, Eierman, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Warner and Cass combined to get 4 TDs in the Semis.
Four TDs in six matches is pretty light. But, to no surprise, bonus points are a lot harder to come by in the semifinals. A much better indicator would be to consider total number of matches and total bonus points in both Session 1 and Session 2. And, oh yeah, you conveniently omitted Spencer Lee.

Please use this thread for pre-Session, in-Session, and post-Session discussions. As always, when replying to a post, please use the Quote function.

When
March 7, 12 pm (noon) EST

Where
@ Penn State

TV
none (the BTN will cover Session IV, at 4 pm EST)

Video Streaming
BTN+ will have coverage of each mat, for those that are subscribers

Audio
Byers will have the audio PBP. The pre-tournament show will start at 11::40 am EST, with wrestling coverage commencing at 12 pm. You can access the audio at:

PBP
I should be able to do the PBP

Team Scoring
The best source for team scoring throughout the tournament is the Penn State Wrestling Club. Their link for live team scoring is:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT