ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

Yes, but Spencer Lee would "only" be a 5th year senior. Kemerer and Eierman, if they chose to return, would be 7th year seniors, which is kind of crazy. Young, Marinelli would be 6th year guys.

Another example of the craziness.... Stevan Micic beat Nick Lee in HS when Micic was a senior and Lee a freshman. Next year, Micic and Nick will both be "seniors" in college at the same time, Nick a 5th year at that.

Reactions: danoftw
I was just reading HR (I'm a glutton for punishment). They were ridiculous, calling RBY all kinds of names, saying that he stalled, ripping him for the dancing, etc. At the same time, they were upset about Eierman getting hit for stalling twice. I thought they were being babies as usual. Then I came here, and I'm sorry to say, it is looking very similar to what I saw over there. Be passionate, but, name calling is kind of ridiculous.
Rby was stalling. I kept hoping he wasn’t going to get called. Not as bad as eirman

Hey on balance I would say Eirman did what he had to do to win. He is strong, and a very experienced cagey wrestler, and it showed. He managed the match pretty well, doing just enough to win. I still can't figure out how he worked that step over to reverse what looked to be a sure takedown by Nick, but that was they key to the match, even more so than his difficult ride.

Next time Nick needs to keep him down and work him over a bit while on top and get a minute or so of riding time himself.

I get the strategy of releasing him, but with that much time left I would have liked Nick to have gotten the RT under a minute before a release. The risk of a reversal which would have lost the bout for Nick is pretty low, but then again Eireman is a tricky seasoned vet.

If it proves that Eireman draws Rivera with the #1, I will simile.

Reactions: dsites52
I was just reading HR (I'm a glutton for punishment). They were ridiculous, calling RBY all kinds of names, saying that he stalled, ripping him for the dancing, etc. At the same time, they were upset about Eierman getting hit for stalling twice. I thought they were being babies as usual. Then I came here, and I'm sorry to say, it is looking very similar to what I saw over there. Be passionate, but, name calling is kind of ridiculous.

The majority here are pretty good, calm, and don't name call. PLEASE don't compare us to HR. I don't think we're EVER that bad.

Reactions: dsites52
Listen, RBY was right to get hit with stalling, but he scored on multiple of his own shots. JE didn't take a shot and was also right to be hit with stalling, maybe 1 more, but that is very unlikely to get called. RBY and JE knew what they were doing at that point. Nick has 2 weeks to learn from it. It'll be a battle against Seabass and JE, I'm sure Nick is already looking forward to it.
I agree... RBY could have gotten hit again (and he knew it but obviously not concerned)

Was it just me or did I not see 3-4 head butts right into Berge earlier today. Pretty shitty given his history. I thought the ref would step in but nothing.

Some of you should spend some time on a mat, or event better, become refs. Inadvertent banging of heads happens all the time in wrestling. There is nothing a ref should do in that instance, except for making sure the wrestlers are okay if they appear impacted. (And to be more correct, you just do a general analysis, and if there is any question you have the medical personnel make the evaluation.)

Head butts are a different story. If there is any appearance that there is an intentional head butt, that should be called right away.

None of the situations in Berge's earlier matches looked even close to a head butt.

He didnt do much to be liked anywhere outside lincoln.

But he made a donation to Nolfs sister recently during her troubles. I think that may be more of who he is than the personality he tried to cultivate on social media.
Berger spoke his mind and new he had to beat Jason and said so.... I don't think he was that bad of a guy.. had a good rivalry (as far as consistent number of matches through the years) with Nolf and gave it his all.

I swear, Marinelli misses Vincenzo. That match turned boring as hell in the 3rd.
Well, the 165 lb weight class in the B1G was a helluva lot more interesting when Cenzo and Marinelli were going at it. Of that there is no doubt. And Wick is out this year as well, which doesn't help matters.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm not going to rag on Marinelli because he seems like a good kid. That said without someone like Cenzo who is willing to force the action he is like watching paint dry.
.... because most guys realize that cant get in a shooting match with the bull and outlast him. Thats why see guys hold tight and come in third. Its how Lewis beat him a couple years back.... weather the storm and try to score in the late third or in OT. Thats why I have a tond of respect for Joseph in those matches.

Reactions: BruceK-PSU83
Some of you should spend some time on a mat, or event better, become refs. Inadvertent banging of heads happens all the time in wrestling. There is nothing a ref should do in that instance, except for making sure the wrestlers are okay if they appear impacted. (And to be more correct, you just do a general analysis, and if there is any question you have the medical personnel make the evaluation.)

Head butts are a different story. If there is any appearance that there is an intentional head butt, that should be called right away.

None of the situations in Berge's earlier matches looked even close to a head butt.
I would argue that there isn’t anyone here who spent more time then me on the mat....laid flat....counting lights.

Reactions: We Are . . .
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT