ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Can we get to 2 with a Singleton commit in a few days?

No. They're 16 points ahead of us in the composite rankings........adding Singleton would close that gap, but wouldn't give us 16 points.

Using the class calculator, I added Singleton, DDS, Moses Walker, Keenan Nelson, Cam Miller, and Cristian Driver. That's probably a best-case scenario, but just curious to see what it gave us.

We came out to ~269 points. That would have been good enough for #10 in the 2021 rankings.

I also added Shawn Murphy just for the hell of it. Gave us 276 points total. Good for #9 in the 2021 rankings.

We may jump up to #2 at some point, but to stay in a top-5 position, we'd need to either (1) add several unexpected elite-level prospects, or (2) see several guys in our class making huge leaps in the rankings.

Last edited:
No. They're 16 points ahead of us in the composite rankings........adding Singleton would close that gap, but wouldn't give us 16 points.

Using the class calculator, I added Singleton, DDS, Moses Walker, Keenan Nelson, Cam Miller, and Cristian Driver. That's probably a best-case scenario, but just curious to see what it gave us.

We came out to ~269 points. That would have been good enough for #10 in the 2021 rankings.

I also added Shawn Murphy just for the hell of it. Gave us 276 points total. Good for #9 in the 2021 rankings.

We may jump up to #2 at some point, but to stay in a top-5 position, we'd need to either (1) add several unexpected elite-level prospects, or (2) see several guys in our class making huge leaps in the rankings.
I think we are due to see several prospects with ratings bumps.

Saunders is a 5 star, his rating doesn't yet reflect it. No one stays with him at any camp.

Allar improved his stock at the elite 11.

Speaking of elite 11, Flowers was showing out on offense and defense apparently.

Tyler Johnson is not the 77th best WR and all of the recruiting services already know this.

JB Nelson has no rating at all yet.

Saunders is a 5 star, his rating doesn't yet reflect it. No one stays with him at any camp.

Speaking of elite 11, Flowers was showing out on offense and defense apparently.

Tyler Johnson is not the 77th best WR and all of the recruiting services already know this.

Saunders will get a bump. 5* though is doubtful — other WRs like Evan Stewart and Kojo Antwi are also making big splashes this summer, and WRs are limited in the 5* department. I’d guess he comes in at 50-75.

Allar will get a composite bump due to his low Rivals ranking which will increase. I’d expect him to be ~100 overall.

Don’t see many other major moves based on recent performance. Johnson will move up, but probably still going to be outside of 4* composite.

Nelson will probably get a 3* rating once updated.

And Mills is rated as the #2 overall JC player by some services yet is only a low 3 star in the composite.

It's interesting to play with the class calculator, but the bottom line is that Franklin is getting the players he wants in this class. And if he continues that process right up to signing day, adding Singleton, DDS and the players at positions of need getting players that he likes and that have great offers from other top programs, we will more than likely see this class be the basis of multiple top 10 teams and seasons. And that is what this is about. Not impressing anyone on signing day........

May have already been posted but Wiltfong put a CB in for Kaytron Allen to PSU.

That's interesting. Clearly the staff is looking for 2 RBs in this class after not getting any last year. Singleton and Allen would be a good combination.

Also curious to see how many commits the staff is willing to take in this class. Right now, seems a minimum of 23 -- Singleton, Allen, Nelson, Miller, and Driver would put us at 22 right there. And that's without getting more help on the O-line.

Can we get to 2 with a Singleton commit in a few days?
It's still so early that the only stat to really pay attention to right now is the average rating / recruit as some teams have a boatload of commitments which pushes their overall ranking ahead of those with a smaller number - at this time. Teams like Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma etc.... will make surges up the rankings once they start filling up their 2022 classes.

With that said, PSU's average / recruit of 90.44 is rock solid and should get them a top 10 class if they maintain the momentum.

Reactions: bmw199 and kevin310
Bruce Feldman on Allar at the Elite 11 (ranked him 8th overall):

8. Coming in, Drew Allar, a Penn State commit, reminded some of the Elite 11 coaches of a young Josh Allen. That’s hefty praise. I’ll go with this: He’s the most physically gifted quarterback James Franklin has landed since he has been in Happy Valley. He was very impressive the first two days of the camp and then like many of the QBs at the event, tailed off some. The Penn State staff has a lot to work with in Allar.

Singleton reminds me of Ki-Jana based on his junior year tape. Not a ton of moves but great speed and toughness to eat up yards.
All good. Ki-Jana had enough moves to be the top pick in the 1995 draft. Fast company. Hope your comparison is valid.

Reactions: PSU621
May have already been posted but Wiltfong put a CB in for Kaytron Allen to PSU.

That's interesting. Clearly the staff is looking for 2 RBs in this class after not getting any last year. Singleton and Allen would be a good combination.

Also curious to see how many commits the staff is willing to take in this class. Right now, seems a minimum of 23 -- Singleton, Allen, Nelson, Miller, and Driver would put us at 22 right there. And that's without getting more help on the O-line.

There has been positive buzz about Kaytron Allen since he visited. Dude is a load, has Noah Cain similarities all over him. Can’t complain if we pull two top 150 RBs in the class, one being PA and the other from FL. (originally from VA if I’m remembering correctly)
Kaytron Allen's Hudl clips:

Would be cool to have Shelton paving the way for him at IMG this year as a little preview for what is to come in Happy Valley.

Would be cool to have Shelton paving the way for him at IMG this year as a little preview for what is to come in Happy Valley.

I don't think he looked to be 220 lbs in the video. Nonetheless, he ran like a load with power, some shiftiness, and enough speed to warrant the impressive offers he claims. Would love to see him in blue and white.
does he plan to commit soon or will he play it out until Decmber?

Reminds me of that PSU Saquan's back up kid. He now plays on the Philly Eagles.

What was his name again??

:) ;) :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: bmw199
i just read the article on the front page about ranking the Elite 11 quarterbacks...and their summary of Allar was bizarre...saying Allar has little mobility?...did they watch his Junior highlights at all?...he's 6'5 220 and running QB draws for like 20-30 yards and trucking people...and a lot of his throws he's scrambling around dodging multiple defenders and weaving in and out of the pocket showing how light he his on his feet...

Stop being such a kill-joy sir!

:) :p ;) ;) ;) :p :)

Haha.

I actually re-ran the numbers with the following new additions: Singleton, Allen, DDS, Moses Walker, Clemons, Nelson, Cam Miller, and Driver.

That's a 25-man class and probably our best case scenario class.

Gives us a score of 277.55. That would be #9 in 2021's class. #7 in 2020's class. #8 in 2019's class. And so on. Basically, a solid top-10 class.

So while the current #3 ranking won't hold, who cares? A #8 type of class is a GREAT way to bounce back from the past few classes that fell a bit short.

Haha.

I actually re-ran the numbers with the following new additions: Singleton, Allen, DDS, Moses Walker, Clemons, Nelson, Cam Miller, and Driver.

Gives us a score of 277.55. That would be #9 in 2021's class. #7 in 2020's class. #8 in 2019's class. And so on. Basically, a solid top-10 class.

So while the current #3 ranking won't hold, who cares? A #8 type of class is a GREAT way to bounce back from the past few classes that fell a bit short.

I’d trade it for a #25 class with a game changer at DT or QB. ;)

Haha.

We're really not going to get much higher than bottom half of the top 10 without paying the elite players like Ohio St and the SEC does. There are hundred$ of thou$and$ of reasons that they get so many 5 stars.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGLOV
i just read the article on the front page about ranking the Elite 11 quarterbacks...and their summary of Allar was bizarre...saying Allar has little mobility?...did they watch his Junior highlights at all?...he's 6'5 220 and running QB draws for like 20-30 yards and trucking people...and a lot of his throws he's scrambling around dodging multiple defenders and weaving in and out of the pocket showing how light he his on his feet...
I agree he looks pretty good in his videos running well and hitting his receivers as well

Reactions: TheGLOV
Haha.

You & I both know that Alabama is going to throw a monkey-wrench into the rankings.

One can hope for DE-committs from our competition but not us of course!

Thanks for responding my good board friend.

I mean that!!

:)

And maybe a scandal with Dabo & Clemson will come out.

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
Shhhhhhhhhh

I agree he looks pretty good in his videos running well and hitting his receivers as well

Read the Rival Geniuses review on the front page... 'He looks like Hackenberg' lol (The same one you the geniuses ranked as the number 1 qb when he was a senior?Rivals is a Bull Schill Mill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT