ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

Any likelihood that Enai White makes it to the Whiteout game?

Has he ever been to a game? I can't believe he wouldn't be at least curious about the atmosphere. He doesn't need to waste an official visit to do that either. Close enough to home that his parents can go with him/watch him if he were to choose PSU. I know the staff would find a scholarship for him no matter the count come December.

He's OSU, UGA, or Alabama. Possibly in that order right now just based on some chatter on various sites relating to those three programs.

Not to say he can't/won't make an unofficial visit, but he ruled out PSU a while ago.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I say take as many good players as you can get, 0 Rb's in the last class- if Pettaway wanted to commit I would hope they would take him even with Allen and Singleton
Then you lose another position. You can’t sign unlimited players.

Any likelihood that Enai White makes it to the Whiteout game?

Has he ever been to a game? I can't believe he wouldn't be at least curious about the atmosphere. He doesn't need to waste an official visit to do that either. Close enough to home that his parents can go with him/watch him if he were to choose PSU. I know the staff would find a scholarship for him no matter the count come December.

200.gif

Hey guys. Long time follower first time poster. Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on the ideal way to finish this class. I have my list of guys I think would be best considering needs and fits remaining. I don’t think we get all these guys but in an ideal world this is who I would want and I feel like it’s good to look at that right now cause it seems we have more targets then we do open spots which is a good problem to have.

DDS finishes the DL ( fingers crossed) , Clemons, Kennan Nelson ( start at corner with potential move to safety), Barham or Moses Walker, Aamil Wagner ( more likely to get Roye) , Kaytron Allen, Driver and Cam Miller. I’d try and make room for all these guys. KJ Winston is high on psu boards but wouldn’t losing out on him to Maryland be okay if we get Kennan Nelson and Driver… we’d have 2 potential safteys as well as Mills and maybe Flowers potentially playing D.

This leaves Abdul Carter, Winston, Jordan Allen as guys I want but only if you can’t get DDS and or Clemsons. Let me know what you guys think. I know we are limited on scholarships with around 7-9 left depending on how things shake out.

Sounds like OSU and Aamil Wagner may have mutually moved on from one another since George Fitzpatrick is announcing his commitment today and the CBs are all on OSU. Penn State has room for Wagner as compared to Notre Dame and Kentucky who both have 2 OTs committed in their current 2022 class.

Sounds like OSU and Aamil Wagner may have mutually moved on from one another since George Fitzpatrick is announcing his commitment today and the CBs are all on OSU. Penn State has room for Wagner as compared to Notre Dame and Kentucky who both have 2 OTs committed in their current 2022 class.

Just me spitballing - we have the advantage of having two other prospects committed from OH as well. Also points to how unreal OSU's recruiting is right now, if we pull Saunders/Allar/Wagner from OH because they recruited higher rated options.

He slid way before that.

It seemed that during the Winter that Strickland was looked at by the "experts" as being a top PSU target. Did he slide down due to a camp or season performance, or a workout at PSU? Or was it due to the staff finding other DE's they believed had more potential as pass rushers.

Strickland looked to have more size than some of the players that have ended up as DE's the last few years, and a decent offer list (but no "playoff team" offers....), so its kind of interesting that he seemed to slide down the priority list for PSU......

Last edited:
It seemed that during the Winter that Strickland was looked at by the "experts" as being a top PSU target. Did he slide down due to a camp or season performance, or a workout at PSU? Or was it due to the staff finding other DE's they believed had more potential as pass rushers.

Strickland looked to have more size than some of the players that have ended up as DE's the last few years, and a decent offer list (but no "playoff team" offers....), so its kind of interesting that he seemed to slide down the priority list for PSU......
I'd take an offer list with a few big grains of salt. Strickland has a PSU offer (we're probably his best offer) but he hasn't been able to act on it for a while now.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
Strickland Twitter yesterday showed IU, PU and Stanford as his final 3. Was surprised no PSU and no Northwestern. UM had been hot for him early, but hadn’t heard much about them lately.

No decision date that I am aware of.

The staff liked other prospects a bit more. Strickland will likely grow into a DT.
Yep. That's really what it comes down to. A staff's priority list and a national rankings list are very often not the same.

Doesn't mean he's not a good prospect, but this staff has others pegged higher. And apparently so too did most other power programs in the region.

Yep. That's really what it comes down to. A staff's priority list and a national rankings list are very often not the same.

Doesn't mean he's not a good prospect, but this staff has others pegged higher. And apparently so too did most other power programs in the region.
Hypothetically, if DDS chooses to go to Georgia, who is our back up at DEnd? Fearbry is a DEnd and Artis and Durant are DL. Talley is either a linebacker or DEnd (small height size though).

I'd take an offer list with a few big grains of salt. Strickland has a PSU offer (we're probably his best offer) but he hasn't been able to act on it for a while now.
Yes, that's been known for a while.

I was asking if anyone knew what went into the staff's decision to seemingly drop Strickland down the priority list - a camp or season performance, or a workout at PSU? Or was it due to the staff finding other DE's they believed had more potential as pass rushers.

Hypothetically, if DDS chooses to go to Georgia, who is our back up at DEnd? Fearbry is a DEnd and Artis and Durant are DL. Talley is either a linebacker or DEnd (small height size though).
From the pictures that have been posted of Talley he looks to already be more DE than LB.......

Reactions: med2659
Just me spitballing - we have the advantage of having two other prospects committed from OH as well. Also points to how unreal OSU's recruiting is right now, if we pull Saunders/Allar/Wagner from OH because they recruited higher rated options.
According to one of our (OSU) staff writers, ND is making a major push for Wagner and may be the team to beat.

Can say this 1 million times but everyone is still going to freak out, especially when it’s a PA kid…
Yup there is at least one coming up that will cause the usual suspects to lose their minds without considering if there might be more to the story.

Reactions: bmw199
Well why don’t you be a lamb and hang it out there now as opposed to the I told you so after the fact move that so many people love.
I get the frustration, but it sounds a bit like a peddler on the streets. There is a premium service here that offers a lot of clarity wrt PSU FB recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT