ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Schedule

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
https://gopsusports.com/news/2023/10/2/penn-state-wrestling-announces-2023-24-schedule.aspx

PENN STATE WRESTLING // 2023-24 SCHEDULE

NOVEMBER

Sun., Nov. 12 Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Bethlehem, Pa. 9 a.m.
Individual round-robin at Freedom High School

Sun., Nov. 19 Army Black Knight Invite, West Point, N.Y. All Day
Bracketed individual tournament at Army West Point

Tue., Nov. 21 NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC, Rec Hall 7 p.m.
Exhibition // does not count as NCAA event
Not part of Penn State Regular Season Ticket package

DECEMBER

Sun. Dec. 3 LEHIGH, Rec Hall 2 p.m.
Sun., Dec. 10 HOFSTRA, Rec Hall 1 p.m.

JANAUARY

Fri., Jan. 5 at Oregon State TBA
Sun., Jan. 14 INDIANA*, Rec Hall TBA
Fri. Jan. 19 at Michigan* TBA
Sun., Jan. 21 at Michigan State* TBA
Sun., Jan. 28 at Maryland* TBA

FEBRUARY

Fri., Feb. 2 OHIO STATE*, Rec Hall TBA
Fri., Feb. 9 at Iowa* TBA
Mon., Feb. 12 RUTGERS*, BJC TBA
Sun., Feb. 18 NEBRASKA*, Rec Hall TBA
Sun., Feb. 25 EDINBORO, Rec Hall 1 p.m.

MARCH

Sat.-Sun., 9-10 2024 Big Ten Championships, College Park, Md., XFINITY Center
Sat. 9 Session 1 (B1G+/B1G Network)
Sat. 9 Session 2 (B1G+/B1G Network)
Sun. 10 Sessions 3/4 (B1G+/B1G Network)

Thur.-Sat. 21-23 2024 NCAA Championships, Kansas City, Mo., T-Mobile Center
Thr. 21 Session 1 (ESPN/2/U)
Thr. 21 Session 2 (ESPN/2/U)
Fri. 22 Session 3 (ESPN/2/U)
Fri. 22 Session 4 (ESPN/2/U)
Sat. 23 Session 5 (ESPN/2/U)
Sat. 23 Session 6 (ESPN/2/U)

* Big Ten dual – Home duals in CAPS
All times are Eastern (NOT local to site) – Subject to change for television

Last edited:
https://gopsusports.com/news/2023/10/2/penn-state-wrestling-announces-2023-24-schedule.aspx

PENN STATE WRESTLING // 2023-24 SCHEDULE

NOVEMBER

Sun., Nov. 12 Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Bethlehem, Pa. 9 a.m.
Individual round-robin at Freedom High School

Sun., Nov. 19 Army Black Knight Invite, West Point, N.Y. All Day
Bracketed individual tournament at Army West Point

Tue., Nov. 21 NWCA ALL-STAR CLASSIC, Rec Hall 7 p.m.
Exhibition // does not count as NCAA event
Not part of Penn State Regular Season Ticket package

DECEMBER

Sun. Dec. 3 LEHIGH, Rec Hall 2 p.m.
Sun., Dec. 10 HOFSTRA, Rec Hall 1 p.m.

JANAUARY

Fri., Jan. 5 at Oregon State TBA
Sun., Jan. 14 INDIANA*, Rec Hall TBA
Fri. Jan. 19 at Michigan* TBA
Sun., Jan. 21 at Michigan State* TBA
Sun., Jan. 28 at Maryland* TBA

FEBRUARY

Fri., Feb. 2 OHIO STATE*, Rec Hall TBA
Fri., Feb. 9 at Iowa* TBA
Mon., Feb. 12 RUTGERS*, BJC TBA
Sun., Feb. 18 NEBRASKA*, Rec Hall TBA
Sun., Feb. 25 EDINBORO, Rec Hall 1 p.m.

MARCH

Sat.-Sun., 9-10 2024 Big Ten Championships, College Park, Md., XFINITY Center
Sat. 9 Session 1 (B1G+/B1G Network)
Sat. 9 Session 2 (B1G+/B1G Network)
Sun. 10 Sessions 3/4 (B1G+/B1G Network)

Thur.-Sat. 21-23 2024 NCAA Championships, Kansas City, Mo., T-Mobile Center
Thr. 21 Session 1 (ESPN/2/U)
Thr. 21 Session 2 (ESPN/2/U)
Fri. 22 Session 3 (ESPN/2/U)
Fri. 22 Session 4 (ESPN/2/U)
Sat. 23 Session 5 (ESPN/2/U)
Sat. 23 Session 6 (ESPN/2/U)

* Big Ten dual – Home duals in CAPS
All times are Eastern (NOT local to site) – Subject to change for television
Somebody needs to go back to spelling class.

NWCA All Star Classic at Rec Hall. Have to imagine there will be a few of our guys wrestling that night. Will be interesting to see who does that, the Bill Farrel and the Army event.

Reactions: diggerpup
What is the Journeyman like? The website has a graphic showing the participating teams, but not many details. There's 17 teams, so I'm assuming groups (of 4 or so) and then a round robin for each guy. Is there a final or anything?

The Edinboro dual is gonna be ugly. Boro has some pretty decent sized holes up and down their lineup and their best returning wrestler is Ryan Burgos who was a NQ at 149lbs last season.

The Edinboro dual is gonna be ugly. Boro has some pretty decent sized holes up and down their lineup and their best returning wrestler is Ryan Burgos who was a NQ at 149lbs last season.
Might be a good dual to get the freshman and room guys some run.

I know it's been mentioned Cael when he wrestles overmatched teams often wants to throw some winnable matchces for them out of respect.

Not to side track this thread....but I just listed my 4 season tickets for sale in the "tickets wanted" section if anyone is interested. Just can't make it out much this year and would rather sell them off as a whole then individually. Not sure if anyone is even looking at the "tickets wanted" yet

will anyone get more than 25 matches going into Big10s
No. Many/most won't have 25 matches going into NCAAs.

Last year Black Knight had 4 championship rounds. Journeyman was done as a set of mini round robins.

If those formats and sizes hold, then we can expect an undefeated wrestler to be 22-0 or 23-0 heading into nationals:
- 12 duals
- 4 rounds at Army
- 3-4 matches at Journeyman
- 3 rounds at B10s

This includes B10 top-2 seeds getting an opening bye.

Reactions: jtothemfp
at Oregon St.....I like it. The only Power 5 program PSU scheduled outside of the B10 and their program will need all the exposure and $$ it can get to stay alive in the next few years
It is surprising that they are not wrestling somebody else on that trip, one of the California schools, Utah Valley, etc. Long way to go for one match.

I think that Feb 9 is also going to be ugly for the home team at a place that is 712.95 miles West of Rec Hall.

With our #1 lineup going, a lot of the duals are going to be ugly. With freshmen now permitted to have limited participation duals without burning their shirts, it will be interesting to see who Cael rolls out there for some of the less challenging opponents. I suspect some steps will be taken to prevent a string of 40-0 type scores.

With our #1 lineup going, a lot of the duals are going to be ugly. With freshmen now permitted to have limited participation duals without burning their shirts, it will be interesting to see who Cael rolls out there for some of the less challenging opponents. I suspect some steps will be taken to prevent a string of 40-0 type scores.
That’s fine except for 2/9/24

Do you think they’re just testing us?

“You want us to wrestle all our meets at BJC so you folks on the waiting list can get season tickets too? Okay then… we’ll give you Rutgers on a Monday night. Sell out that and we’ll think about it.”

interesting, to me at least, that there are no multi day tournaments and only 1 multi-dual weekend (2 if you want to call fri-mon a weekend)

Maybe it’s just me but I think Carter coming back chasing his 4th Natty Daddy should have its own thread ? Or was it just a forgone conclusion?
Thought it was pretty understood by now. If he weren’t, we would’ve known by now because he wouldn’t be enrolled.

I kind of doubt that we see AB or Carter go at NWCA. Kerk, maybe.

I could see BB, Levi, SVN or Bernie getting the nod, though.

This year would be perfect for the NWCA to do PSU vs a top 2 guy from the rest of the NCAA in a dual meet format.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT