ADVERTISEMENT

Amazing Wrestling Moves Thread

Dogwelder

Aug 1, 2013
Let's list memorable/crazy wrestling moves we've seen from the PSU team in this thread, so that we can later make a top-10 list (or video) from the list. If we have links to videos, that would be even better. (Tip: there is a way to link into the middle of a YouTube video.)

For example, I remember Nolf's pinning people with his legs, which was new and crazy when we first saw it. There was David Taylor's insane roll on a guy who was in deep on a double. (I think it was David Taylor.) [Edit: It was Nolf. Thank you, Nerfstate!] There was Bo with his Michael-Jackson limp knee out of Gabe Dean's leg attack. Etc. Etc. I can't find video on these easily.

Non-PSU crazy moves would be good, too, especially the very amazing ones (e.g., flying squirrel).

Last edited:
Here's summa my gifs (mostly just last year)
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The one I wish I had was Nolf's "defense" of a beautiful double by Bethea at the Keystone open 2 years ago. And the Winn-Dixie now has plenty of examples, it will be hard to pick just one for the list.

Last edited:
1. Bo elevator vs. Martin
2. Cenzo inside trip #1 vs. Martinez
3. Q overhead standing cradle vs. Gambrall
4. Jason roll-thru double defense vs. Bethea
5. Jason jump over opponent's shot attempt (freestyle match, can't remember opponent)
6. Andrew Alton headlock vs. Dutton
7. Q figure 4 headlock vs. Wilps
8. Bo spladle vs. Brooks
9. Frank smiling turk vs. Ness
10. Bo fireman's like reversal into far-leg cradle vs. Gravina
11. DT 11-sec pin vs. Clarion

Ed Ruth pouring it on Hamlin in the 3rd period of the NCAA finals.

DT standing granby. Also DT flurry in the finals vs. Hatchett.

Zain's bow and arrow vs. Pantaleo at nationals, when he spun Pantaleo around the mat before cranking him over -- reminiscent of the legend of Schalles pinning guys on a specified spot on the mat.

Nico's scramble dump takedown vs. Gilman.

A Lehigh nightmare. I have raced to the edge, I am standing with 1 foot, sometimes 2 feet out of bounds like I suppose to do and I can't get the ref to blow his whistle. The other guy keeps scoring. Ahhh, I need to NC wake up. Now!

I've seen someone score as many points at the edge of the mat when you think it's impossible to score as Taylor.

Zain Bow and Arrow of Sorenson in NCAA Semi.

Does anyone have the Lego Nickal/Martain match? I cannot find it anywhere...

Reactions: Dogwelder
In the same light: the power half Zain put on Amine. Amine wasn't just going to his back, he was gonna pay and remember it.
I regret that Zain never got another go with DeLuca.

On the topic of power halfs, I apologize I couldn’t find a smaller clip, but here’s the complete match :D :

Last edited:
Not sure if I remember it right, but Nolf against Michigan a few years back..... He had the leg of his opponent high in the air, near the edge of the mat, and threw him out of bounds. A bit later, he did the same thing, but the instant he threw him out of bounds, he attacked the wrestler and had him on his back.... but the ref didn't even know what happened and called them (incorrectly) out of bounds. Pretty sure the ref said afterwards that he blew the call.

Other team. That time stoll tied up and slowly and clumsily pushed until his opponent was out of bounds. Amazing. Wish I could find the GIF

Reactions: PSUbluTX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT