ADVERTISEMENT

Army West Point Invite Thread

Verk vs mat mat 5

Verk with a feet to back headlock but cant get the pin. Leads 6-0 going into the 2nd

Verk on top

Escape For Doetsch (UMD)

Verk attacking but action goes oob

Verk takes down in the 3rd

Doetsch riding tight with boots in
Doetsch erases riding point for verk

Verk was rode the entire 3rd period

6-1 final

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and Maddog
Kraeszig leads Tunon (Ind) 6-1. At the,end of the 1st

10-1 now following a tilt

14-1 after 2 and 2:49 riding time

Tunon gets an escape 14-2

15-4 final

Last edited:
Jaron Smith of Maryland is a SR with a career record of 19-13...

So far Conel hasn’t released any offense that I’ve seen. Still hoping it’s just mat rust and early season ‘out-of-shape-ed-ness’

On the bright side - Conel is 2-0 and he’s shown the ability to win tight matches in both contests:)

Like a few of you, I am concerned about Conel. Just don't think he is the best option at 197 right now. The coaches are going to play it smart, as usual, and give him every opportunity to shake off the rust and prove himself before pulling Beard's redshirt.

Well to be completely honest, I was rooting for Jaron Smith.

It's almost like nobody watched Conel wrestle before this season, except for his two matches with Moore.

Get used to this. Guy's defense is incredible because he's a brick-sh*t house - remember the Rasheed match a couple of years ago - and he's really hard to ride. That's how he wins matches.

He''ll also probably lose a few along the way because of this. He's going to be in an awful lot of 3-2 matches with tough guys. But it doesn't make him any worse - he's still an AA type of guy. I don't think there is a marked difference in points between them (by that I mean upwards of 10).

Be patient @LemonPie - I don't think we're going to need Beard this year anyway. We're going to need him in the years to come.

And if we do - guess what, his RS will get pulled.

Like a few of you, I am concerned about Conel. Just don't think he is the best option at 197 right now. Suspect the coaches are going to give him every opportunity to shake off the rust and prove himself before pulling Beard's redshirt.

True and agreed. Along with an evaluation against the ever changing field.

It's almost like nobody watched Conel wrestle before this season, except for his two matches with Moore.

Get used to this. Guy's defense is incredible because he's a brick-sh*t house - remember the Rasheed match a couple of years ago - and he's really hard to ride. That's how he wins matches.

He''ll also probably lose a few along the way because of this. He's going to be in an awful lot of 3-2 matches with tough guys. But it doesn't make him any worse - he's still an AA type of guy. I don't think there is a marked difference in points between them (by that I mean upwards of 10).

Be patient @LemonPie - I don't think we're going to need Beard this year anyway. We're going to need him in the years to come.

I wish my snark would come across as your written English.

You complete me (my thoughts that is...no homo...I mean.....not that there is anything wrong with that..I'll just end it here)

I admit I wasn't very familiar with him, but loved his moxie in the quarters and got Pipher vibes for sure.
Yeah, the kid he tuned up isn't a world beater, but is decent. The kind of kid I would expect our backup types to maybe beat, but not tune up like that.

It could be a one off, but who knows? Someone to keep an eye on.

Huge knee brace on Conel

Conel leads 2-1 after 1.

Bolo (CMU) takes bottom to start 2nd

Bolo out for 1... Tied 2-2

Conel looks Ginormous physically legs like tree trunks arms of a gorilla

Conel starts down in the 3rd

Conel gets the escape but instant injury time for his non braced leg. Very hobbled

Bolo very fast switch and leads 4-3

Can here the little ones yelling for Kyle in the back ground but Kyle loses 5-3

Last edited:

Not fair. A few of us also saw this:

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...-mcintosh-penn-state-vs-kyle-conel-kent-state

Reactions: danoftw
Embree had two flashes of goodness, one for a TD the other Edsel fought off... Gotta be a little concerning for Michigan that a mega recruit can't cruise against PSU back up (3rd stringer?!)

Welp - looks like Lemon is getting his wish - although not the way he wanted it.

Why do you even let him finish the match at an event like this when he's obviously hobbled?

I get the guys wants to continue, but just medical him at this event.

Time to release the Beard? Konel has been singularly unimpressive. I see him as barely a national qualifier, if that.

Why do you even let him finish the match at an event like this when he's obviously hobbled?

I get the guys wants to continue, but just medical him at this event.

Feel for Conel he's battle through a lot. No hate to him, but the standard is the standard. Release the Beard. Get healthy Kyle.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Did anyone truly believe Conel could get through the entire season without getting injured?

At this rate conel going to have a hard time not being snake bit this season

The Conel stuff isn't surprising. This is who he's been outside of one tournament in Cleveland. Beard should be the guy and is the far superior option in a tight title race.

Reactions: garw and PSU-CPA
my concern is that he doesn't have a lot of O (at least not showing it) on his feet. I understand he hasn't wrestled for awhile.... Willing to wait and see. I was wondering if the injury was just a cramp... not sure... anyone else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT