ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

This post isn't necessarily about who would have won in 2020(Iowa, duh). However, the rehashed argument reminded me that a lot of people don't recognize the very, very strong correlation in regards to B1Gs and NCAA team placement for both Cael and Tom.

Some quick hitter info(% excludes 2020):

Tom and Cael's teams typically place at NCAAs within 1 spot of B1Gs finish. 82% for Tom and 93% for Cael.

Cael teams rarely finish outside top 2 at B1Gs(14%). When they do, however, they place lower at NCAAs(100%).

When Tom's teams win B1Gs, they typically win NCAAs(80%).
You pulled statistics that favor your argument which is fair as I did with mine!

However, I would like to say not all teams are created equal. Cael historically has made his money with his top seeds at NCAA.

Across those 2 non Top 2 Big Ten teams, they had a combined 4 Top 5 seed. PSU had 5 alone in 2020.

4 of the 5 (RBY, Lee, Cenzo, Hall) have felt out their top competition (Seabass/Gross, Pletcher/Woods, Marinelli, Kemerer) and who can argue against Cael as a game planner/adjuster? Then there is AB who had Bolen as his semis match and then likely Hidlay (he handily beat Lujan at CKLV) He was younger but so was Hidlay and I just like that draw a ton for AB.

Cael's performance the following year leads me to think I have way more reason for optimism in 2020 than pessimism.

Cornell was the favorite in 2011.
I may have missed a point or so, but a quick go through shows pre-tournament, based on seeding and advancement points Cornell and Penn State had 69.5 each and Iowa had 68.5.
Not really meeting my (for emphasis) prohibitive favorite description but 3 cofavorites. Of the three, one team had won 3 championships in a row and the other two had never in our lifetimes gotten it done. The key moment in this tournament cited by most PSU fans was Q's pin of Gambrall. Maybe if he had pinned Bosak in a similar situation the roof may have come off the arena also, but that isn't how it played out.
Cornell was a legitimate threat to win the title, but Iowa was the team to beat not Cornell.

However, I do appreciate you trying so very hard to help me out with my internet story telling.

Thanks again.

I may have missed a point or so, but a quick go through shows pre-tournament, based on seeding and advancement points Cornell and Penn State had 69.5 each and Iowa had 68.5.
Not really meeting my (for emphasis) prohibitive favorite description but 3 cofavorites. Of the three, one team had won 3 championships in a row and the other two had never in our lifetimes gotten it done. The key moment in this tournament cited by most PSU fans was Q's pin of Gambrall. Maybe if he had pinned Bosak in a similar situation the roof may have come off the arena also, but that isn't how it played out.
Cornell was a legitimate threat to win the title, but Iowa was the team to beat not Cornell.

However, I do appreciate you trying so very hard to help me out with my internet story telling.

Thanks again.
There are many here who will take exception to the above bolded statement.

Didn't wanna start a new thread. Didn't know which was the spam to post in...

Anybody else following this shit with Hrovat?

Like he said you girls say that every year

Sorry meant guys lol

Or did you? ;)
giphy.gif

Reactions: Hotshoe
Sorry to hear that my friend. We'll wishes to you and your family.
His older sister, my aunt, passed away on Saturday. She was 85. I felt bad for my dad‘s youngest sister she’s 73 now Dad was 83. She lost two siblings within one month.

Appreciate the condolences.

I like to keep the back-and-forth funny and I think a little bit of teasing or taking jabs at each other’s OK. But these guys all of a sudden act like they’re all holier than now and that’s just silly.

His older sister, my aunt, passed away on Saturday. She was 85. I felt bad for my dad‘s youngest sister she’s 73 now Dad was 83. She lost two siblings within one month.

I like to keep the back-and-forth funny and I think a little bit of teasing or taking jabs at each other’s OK. But these guys all of a sudden act like they’re all holier than now and that’s just silly.
Very sorry about your father.

Sorry to hear all this, b n b. That’s too much bad, and all at once.

Sorry to hear all this, b n b. That’s too much bad, and all at once.
I appreciate the care and condolences but we are ok. I've been blessed, I had 2 grandmothers die when I was 47, they were 87 and 93. My dad's mom died at her sister's house in her sleep with her other sister there. My great aunt lived to almost 101 btw. I forget when the other died, but they were 90s.

We all suffer loss and I have not lost too many close people to me. We all will experience this and I have faith with pragmatism and a sense of fairness. I know two guys who lost their dads at 5 and 12 for example.

It's not easy but it was time and I have a sense of fairness about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT