ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship Game Thread

It is sickening. Over the top rooting and spitting out falsehoods. “I know Wisconsin lost by 31, but I think they gave Ohio State their toughest game the first time they played them?” WTF?????

This is why Ohio State had to blow them out. Now Klatt is flapping his lips about Wisky deserving the Rose Bowl. He won't be the only one.

Reactions: TheGLOV
He also justified the psu/OSU game as close because they turned the ball over 3 times!! NO SHIT JOEL!! Psu FORCED those turnovers. They werent just dropped snaps, you know like the Wisconsin punter did.

I hope he slips on a piss puddle and Chips his front tooth on a dirty urinal.

No dispute there. I feel you. I'm from WePA. Played ball there back in the 70s. But how did the depopulation of WePA keep Justin Fields from coming to PSU.
Fields is not from this state. We shouldn’t have to go that far and we are not a justin fields away from elite. When was the last time a great qb came from pa? Seriously. Matt Ryan? The talent pool is not here anymore. It is not bad, but it is not ohio, texas, florida, etc.

Against common opponents... they beat Minnesota, we lost, they played Wisconsin tougher and had a lead vs Ohio State, we didn't. We still have a big shot at going to the Cotton Bowl which is a New Years 6
Tough call but PSU was closer to OSU than Wisconsin and PSU didn't lose to an unranked team like Illinois. In this case 2 losses is better than 3 losses.

giphy.gif

Klatt for Wisconsin promo ad

If I was on the committee I would do the opposite and put Penn State in, not because I am a fan but to show the media we don’t care what you think!
Here’s the problem though. I would have had Penn State ahead of Wisconsin to begin with. I’m not sure I would jump Penn State over them because of this game. Should have happened before.

Against common opponents... they beat Minnesota, we lost, they played Wisconsin tougher and had a lead vs Ohio State, we didn't. We still have a big shot at going to the Cotton Bowl which is a New Years 6

I will say this again...

Penn State had 2 losses, BOTH to undefeated teams, BOTH on the road, and BOTH losses by 11 points or less.

Penn State did not lay an egg against an Illinois or Purdue type team like Wisconsin did. Penn State also beat a ranked Indiana, while Wisconsin got to feed off of a sorry Nebraska team. Oh, and Penn State beat Iowa @ Iowa City more handily than Wisky did at home.

Still want to talk resume?

This is the same guy that said Barkley wasn't an every down back and didn't have us in the top 25 to start the year. He's an idiot and he has some sort of PSU bias. No idea why. Word is Franklin hates him.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
This is the same guy that said Barkley wasn't an every down back and didn't have us in the top 25 to start the year. He's an idiot and he has some sort of PSU bias. No idea why. Word is Franklin hates him.
It’s sad that the only props we got was in fact from osu player himself in the postgame interview admitting the close gameS with penn state helped them.

It is sickening. Over the top rooting and spitting out falsehoods. “I know Wisconsin lost by 31, but I think they gave Ohio State their toughest game the first time they played them?” WTF?????

That is truly a moronic comment by him. Defies logic

Why doesn’t he bring up that Wis blew a 14 point lead tonight and got blown out in the second half? What a freakin dick.

I will say this again...

Penn State had 2 losses, BOTH to undefeated teams, BOTH on the road, and BOTH losses by 11 points or less.

Penn State did not lay an egg against an Illinois or Purdue type team like Wisconsin did. Penn State also beat a ranked Indiana, while Wisconsin got to feed off of a sorry Nebraska team. Oh, and Penn State beat Iowa @ Iowa City more handily than Wisky did at home.

It's bullshit and I should have said so in my original post. I was simply repeating what Klatt said as his defense on resume against common opponents. He also talked about Wiscy beating Michigan more handily than us. Regardless, the Illinois loss is inexcusable and should be punished. Who knows what the committee does, problem I see for PSU is them being ahead of us in the first place with the Illinois loss already on their resume.

Reactions: VaLion'92
Exactly, this is a championship game, why the hard on for PSU, games over, OSU is in the playoffs. WTF has this to do with the Rose Bowl , someone chirped into his ear, STFU/

If Penn State meets Oregon in the Rose Bowl, it would be a 25 year reunion from the 95 Rose Bowl. I still remember Kijana Carter breaking away for that first touchdown on the Lions first possession. It would be nice to see KJ Hamler do the same thing.

Do people just hate penn state? Like, nobody in the media ever gives us any credit outwardly. They do sometimes when pubbing a game or "their team."

It's interesting to see our fans be so critical of our coaches and have so much doubt about the teams ability. Then turn around and demand respect from polls, media, etc.

Reactions: bdgan
That was quite a hummer Klatt gave the Badgers. I noticed that, while gushing about how much “better” Wisconsin’s record against common opponents was, Klatt never mentioned the Badgers’ faceplant against Illinois.

I'd be just as happy in the Cotton Bowl or Orange Bowl. Just not the Outback Bowl.

Here's a common opponent, Klatthole. We beat Iowa on the road, at night, by 5 while UW hung on at home by 2.

He was reading from the B1G scripted “talking points”. Wait until tomorrow evening for the full explanation. Klatts commentary was just the prologue.
This is exactly correct and embarrassingly transparent. Which makes it even more embarrassing for Klatt. I’m not sure whether or not he believes what he said, but I am pretty sure he was told to say it.

Reactions: HazletonLion
I will say this again...

And don’t forget, PSU only lost to Minny because of three turnovers (much like PSU was only in the game with OSU due to three turnovers).

I like how the announcer conveniently leaves out the fact that Wisky lost to a crappy Illinois team.

That’s Joel Klatt. He picks and chooses what he wants to focus on and spins or conveniently forgets the rest.

He’s not a fan of Penn St and never has been. He will always push another team over PSU in any comparison. A few years ago he was pushing Washington over PSU for bowls and the playoff. This year it’s Wisconsin.

The way he pushed Wisky and went back to it 2-3 times was more agenda like than just debating an issue.

It will be interesting to see what the committee does tomorrow. Klatt has set the discussion. While he doesn’t get a vote to decide, he certainly gets to set the agenda and stoke the fires of controversy like he did tonight with the committee in Dallas watching.

In 2016, PSU lost out and was punished by the committee for a bad loss to Pitt. Let’s see if the same logic is in place tomorrow with Wisconsin’s bad loss to Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT