ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

Rare footage of Spencer Lee in the third period. He definitely gets a bit wobbly when the match goes that deep. Cronin is solid but not talented enough to capitalize on it. Still very unlikely, but if anyone can beat him at NCAAs, it'll be because they caught him gassed in the third.
I said it, a lot of wrestlers come out with the Piccininni plan and try to catch him early but Spencer in the 1st has enough energy (and obviously strength) to roll out and even if you go up 8-1 like Ramos, it's irrelevant since he can erase that in 20 seconds. You have to get him to the third then catch him when he has no gas to fight out.

Reposting from Session 3 thread:
So running the math, Iowa is at 119.5 to our 129
Iowa has Murin, Warner, Nelson, Cassioppi. Warner is expected to receive a MFF so that brings them to 122.5.
Let's say Murin and Nelson wins by decision and Cassioppi pins (he's done it twice) They're at 127.5. This is assuming no more medical forfeits.

Let's say worse case scenario for our 3/4, Bartlett loses as well and obviously Van Ness does if I gave Murin the win. We stay at 129.

Spencer let's obviously give him a pin. That pin puts them ahead by .5 before considering champ points (+4). So basically if him and Woods win (Woods by decision), we need 3 finalists out of 6 to win assuming Kennedy loses. If Kennedy wins, we need a 4th.

So team race not totally over but yeah ... looks pretty good. Also, if Bartlett just wins against D'Emilio (or obviously if Van Ness wins), we'll finish ahead of Iowa with 2 champs to their 2. Once again, I'm giving Cass a pin.

Can someone run Nebraska's numbers? they are at 98.5, so they don't seem to be a factor to win BUT they face us in 3 finals and are Iowa's best friends right now.
Nebby can only score a max of 128.5 and have been eliminated.

Reactions: mcpat
If
Nice job Cronin. Spencer is a different animal if you can get him deep into the third. That said I don’t see anybody really capable of doing that at Nationals. 125 is just so ridiculously thin.
If Glory can make the finals he could maybe give Spencer a close match. If Glory made the finals he would have a bunch of time to rehydrate and feel good by the time he wrestles. Getting to the finals when he has to wrestle multiple matches right off the scale is going to be tough though

RBY v Nagao
  • RBY gets an ankle off a reattack of a Nagao shot, but Nagao with nice D to a potentially dangerous stoppage
  • RBY with a low double that Nagao fought off beautifully
  • with 5 seconds, RBY with another double this time converts, 2-0 at end of first
  • Not sure who chose neutral but I"ll guess Nagao
  • RBY another quick double, 4-0.
  • E1 for Nagao late
  • Third starts with RBY on bottom, up 4-1.
  • RBY up on all fours but Nagao can't move him, stalemated. Nagao with a leg in, RBY having trouble getting out.
  • RBY basically out but Nagao keeps top position with a leg. :12 remaining.
  • Nagao going head smush and choke hold, and ends on top, gets the riding time point. 5-2 Final.

RBY v Nagao
  • RBY gets an ankle off a reattack of a Nagao shot, but Nagao with nice D to a potentially dangerous stoppage
  • RBY with a low double that Nagao fought off beautifully
  • with 5 seconds, RBY with another double this time converts, 2-0 at end of first
  • Not sure who chose neutral but I"ll guess Nagao
  • RBY another quick double, 4-0.
  • E1 for Nagao late
  • Third starts with RBY on bottom, up 4-1.
  • RBY up on all fours but Nagao can't move him, stalemated. Nagao with a leg in, RBY having trouble getting out.
  • RBY basically out but Nagao keeps top position with a leg. :12 remaining.
  • Nagao going head smush and choke hold, and ends on top, gets the riding time point. 4-2 Final.
5-2

Reactions: tikk10
If Spencer was so unimpressive, what’s your take on RBY not getting bonus against the 6th seed? Let me guess, he wrestled a great match, the ref sucked, etc….
I get your point Madden and I'm not even going to argue I'm not a Spencer fan but he did exactly what RBY did. They won doesn't matter how it's not like either one was in danger both looked impressive to me. Both handle whatever is thrown at them.

Reactions: Shifty15
I get your point Madden and I'm not even going to argue I'm not a Spencer fan but he did exactly what RBY did. They won doesn't matter how it's not like either one was in danger both looked impressive to me. Both handle whatever is thrown at them.
The expectations we put on these kids is beyond unrealistic lol

Reactions: zzs006
If Spencer was so unimpressive, what’s your take on RBY not getting bonus against the 6th seed? Let me guess, he wrestled a great match, the ref sucked, etc….
That 6th seed I’m predicting will be in the finals against RBY if they aren’t on same side. That’s right… I said it. I think he upsets Fix.

Reactions: Fatmarc
If Spencer was so unimpressive, what’s your take on RBY not getting bonus against the 6th seed? Let me guess, he wrestled a great match, the ref sucked, Nagao was stalling on top etc….

You might have a point if Nagao had wrestled like a typical 6th seed all tournament.

That 6th seed I’m predicting will be in the finals against RBY if they aren’t on same side. That’s right… I said it. I think he upsets Fix.
Even if he was the 2 seed it wouldn’t matter to Nittanychris. When Spencer doesn’t bonus he’s unimpressive? That to me means he more than impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT