ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament -- Session 4 Thread – FINALS + Medal Round!!

I thought Hardy blew the knee when he suddenly let go and fell back . . . but luckily he seemed ok, regained his grasp, and kept going for it.
Yeah it didn’t look good. Tons of pressure on the knee but it didn’t seem to bother him after the match thankfully

Reactions: slushhead
141 seeding is gonna be real interesting.

Coaches poll has 1 Alirez, 2 Woods, 3 Matthews.

RPI will likely be 1 Woods, 4 Alirez, 7 Matthews, (Guessing somewhat because this is before conference tourneys, and Woods did not have enough matches to qualify for an RPI at the time. Woods would've had the #1 RPI with enough matches.)

Woods will likely have the most quality wins. Alirez and Woods are unbeaten, Matthews has 1 loss.

Matthews beat Woods at nationals last year on a 6-pt throw. Rest of the match was really dull. Woods rode Matthews tough, but couldn't sniff a score from top.

As PSU fans, we should want Alirez to get the 1.

149 3rd Place Match
5 Shayne Van Ness vs 4 Max Murin

Lots of hands to the head early. Murin with a nice setup from
Shayne’s head to a double and quick TD. Shayne out immediately. 2-1 Max. Shayne in deep but can’t finish. Max in on a single but OOB. 2-1 Max after one.

Shayne on bottom. To his feet. Out in 16 seconds. 2-2. RT is 0:25 for Max. Blood time for Max. 1:07 to go. Shayne almost had an ankle. Max shoots but nothing. Shayne a little extended. Nothing. Shayne with a double, picks him up and finishes but OOB. 2-2 after two.

Max on bottom. To his feet and out in 9 seconds. 3-2 Max. Max in on a single. Heavy hips and stalemate. Max shoots. Nothing. Shayne off balance, lands on his butt and gets away with it. Shot from Shayne that Murin stuffs. Murin playing the edge, called for stalling when Shayne shoots and he backs out. 3-2 Murin final.

Last edited:
SVN v Murin
  • Both snapping down, Murin the more agressive so far
  • Murin low double/ankle, converts easily, SVN out. 2-1 Murin.
  • SVN looking duck/fireman's, comes up short
  • End of period, SVN chooses down.
  • SVN rolls out, 2-2.
  • Stoppage, I think for blood on Murin.
  • Second ends, still 2-2.
  • Murin on bottom, out easily. 3-2 Murin.
  • Murin with a shot from space, SVN stuffs it but it kills some clock.
  • SVN keeps looking for offense off the headsnap but he hasn't been close.
  • Time winding down, Murin hit for stalling.
  • 3-2 Murin final, SVN fourth place.

Reactions: zzs006
I assume the ACC winner (Matthews/Jack) gets the 3 seed at NCAAs? Does Beau get the 5 to Hardy's 4?
I'd assume both ACC guys get seeded ahead of Beau. They're 3-4-5 in the coaches poll, and currently 2-4-6 in RPI. (Beau 4 in both.)

Beau will have the worst Win % and Conference Placement of the 3.

So three Iowa medal matches and all three Iowa wrestlers were called for stalling?

Reactions: okinburg1
SVN could wrestle Murin 100x and he wouldn't take a real shot. Bizarre.

He called him unimpressive. Worst take by anyone who follows college wrestling.
He was unimpressive in that match. Don’t twist my words. Of course he’s impressive. He’s amazing.

God forbid I had the temerity to bring up his frequent gassing in the third! How dare I?!?!

Reactions: Fatmarc
Obviously these refs suck and don’t know anything about wrestling. Iowa style is the most fast paced action packed wrestling on the planet. All teams stall except Iowa, it’s a known fact.
🦝🦝🦝

No, you said he’s unimpressive and there isn’t an ounce of talent at 125. Keep up the great work.
@jmadden1998 and @NittanyChris:

pillow-fight.gif

Obviously these refs suck and don’t know anything about wrestling. Iowa style is the most fast paced action packed wrestling on the planet. All teams stall except Iowa, it’s a known fact.
You need to improve your random ALL CAPS and presenting statements with a questionmark at the end game if we are to buy into the @Ironturd persona. Throw in a bunch of !!! and other nonsense while you’re at it. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT