ADVERTISEMENT

Bama should be in

Why not? Explain? Georgia has had a CAKE schedule and they should NOT be in. I want us to play them in the Peach Bowl!

The sec had a losing record ooc this season.
The acc has a winning record against the sec.
The SEC inflates itself by virtue of fewer conference games saving half the league an additional loss which makes resumes look better by sneaking in teams at the margins.
Bama struggled in multiple games including very recently.
Bama isn’t 13-0.
Bama lost to the other 12-1 conference champ.

I think it should be
1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Bama
4. Texas
Fl State instead of Texas. AL gets in by virtue of winning the SEC who has dominated college football over the last two decades and that they’ve improved. The rest are undefeated

Last edited:
Why not? Explain? Georgia has had a CAKE schedule and they should NOT be in. I want us to play them in the Peach Bowl!

I believe that whoever has the best chance of beating Michigan should be in the playoffs.

That would be Washington, Georgia and Alabama.

Last edited:
If FSU and Texas get in no one that wanted that can complain if Michigan wins it all.

Texas gets in over bama by virtue of *checks notes* beating them head to head and finishing with the same record.
Same record doesn't make teams comparable. H2H shouldn't even be in the conversation.

No one has yet to use logic in #7 beating #18 jumping 3 or 4 spots.

Same record doesn't make teams comparable. H2H shouldn't even be in the conversation.

You’re making up your own definitions again. And the term the committee uses is similar, not identical, because identical is asinine. If you don’t think they’re similar your grasp of the language is weak.

Are you back to arguing bama is getting in over UT? Thought you were moving on to the FSU record is too weak bandwagon.

It’s got to be
Michigan
Washington
Florida State
Texas

Otherwise, the regular season and championship games mean nothing and should schedule cupcakes outside of their conference games.

The three unbeatens have to be rewarded.

There definitely is an argument that the best teams are Bama and UGA but Bama lost to Texas and needed a miracle to beat Auburn. Georgia lost their championship game.

Champions have to be rewarded.

Any deliberation by the committee is a bad look.

It’s pretty clean to me!

The sec had a losing record ooc this season.
The acc has a winning record against the sec.
Bama struggled in multiple games including very recently.
Bama isn’t 13-0.
Bama lost to the other 12-1 conference champ.
I think FSU should be out solely because they clearly are not one of the best 4 teams in the country. This year is a perfect example as to why the playoffs needs to be 12 teams.

I just hope whatever 4 teams get in they all just have fun. That’s what it’s really about.

• Haha
Reactions: dswartz
You’re making up your own definitions again. And the term the committee uses is similar, not identical, because identical is asinine. If you don’t think they’re similar your grasp of the language is weak.

Are you back to arguing bama is getting in over UT? Thought you were moving on to the FSU record is too weak bandwagon.
I didn't say identical. They aren't similar after the Georgia win.

I think Bama (and Georgia) in over both. It's about the best teams. What should happen and what likely will are different. Not sure why you struggle with there being 2 separate discussions

Fl State instead of Texas. AL gets in by virtue of winning the SEC who has dominated college football over the last two decades and that they’ve improved. The rest are undefeated

Yeah, the number 4 spot will be interesting. Agree on the other 3 in some order.

I think FSU should be out solely because they clearly are not one of the best 4 teams in the country. This year is a perfect example as to why the playoffs needs to be 12 teams.

Subjective. All of my reasons are objective. This isn’t figure skating.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Honestly the committee will do whatever they want. Some will be pleased some will be happy. All I hope is Michigan doesn't play FSU in the first game because that's their path to a title.

G eorgia should definitely be out. It will come down to FSU vs Alabama
So you think Texas is in? The committee has to take someone from the SEC. That means FSU or Texas. FSU played their way in, IMHO.

When I look at TX schedule versus FSU, I don’t see a huge difference. Sure TX best AL but they also lost to OK.

H2H shouldn’t even be in the conversation? So Texas beating Alabama on the road shouldn’t be part of the decision? Ok buddy that makes sense.

Reactions: auxgym
H2H shouldn’t even be in the conversation? So Texas beating Alabama on the road shouldn’t be part of the decision? Ok buddy that makes sense.
Texas should still be in, but one spot below Bama bc their resume isn’t as good as Bama. FSU is out bc they clearly ARE NOT one of the four best teams in the country.

It should be part of the overall review of the resume. Who you beat and who you lost to. Then, if you deem the two teams comparable (which I'm saying they're not) then you look at H2H but you can't use H2H unless comparable or else you literally couldn't rank teams. OU would have to be above Texas but OK State would have to be above OU but Texas has to be above OK State.

If FSU and Texas get in no one that wanted that can complain if Michigan wins it all.
I’d rather UM win it than any SEC team. It will help fuel the flame under JF’s seat. The SEC is overrated this year. It’s not often one can say that, but they are not the same SEC on the field as in years past. They are still as equally talented as years past but they are not as equal regarding results on the field.

Texas should still be in, but one spot below Bama bc their resume isn’t as good as Bama. FSU is out bc they clearly ARE NOT one of the four best teams in the country.
I’ll disagree. Defense wins championships and FSU’s defense has stepped up when it needed to the most. Against both UF and UL. That’s the hallmark of a great team.

I’ll disagree. Defense wins championships and FSU’s defense has stepped up when it needed to the most. Against both UF and UL. That’s the hallmark of a great team.
Yet the committee left them out
You need some offense. They had none without Travis against Florida and Louisville. Michigan would have beat them by 20-30

Yet the committee left them out
You need some offense. They had none without Travis against Florida and Louisville. Michigan would have beat them by 20-30
I gave up on CFB a long time ago when money became so prevalent. I’m a purist and this bastardized idea of CFB is not for me.

I would root for any B1G team except cheating Michigan. I hope Alabama drills them.
UA will beat UM. It will happen. Saban has a cake walk for another NC. It’s the mental makeup that is all the difference.

It's about the best teams. Bama is better than FSU. So are many other teams.
You are full of shit if you believe that nonsense. You’ve got the largest fan bases from the 4 geographical regions of the country. It’s all about viewership…which equates to $$$$…..you can call it whatever you want.

Reactions: johnmpsu
You are full of shit if you believe that nonsense. You’ve got the largest fan bases from the 4 geographical regions of the country. It’s all about viewership…which equates to $$$$…..you can call it whatever you want.
You think FSU is better than Bama? Or even Georgia?

I rather them play on the field and determine that themselves. It has nothing to do with what I think. FSU deserves the opportunity for overcoming the adversity they overcame. It’s good coaching and solid defense.
Ok. Was just trying to understand your thought process on it.

It's about the best teams. Bama is better than FSU. So are many other teams.
Did anyone on this board watch the Auburn Alabama game? There is no way Bama was the better team that day. Auburn blew it when on the 4th and 31… they only rushed two and gave the Alabama QB more than 15 seconds to find a receiver. Don’t get me wrong… Alabama pulled off the win but they did not play well enough to deserve the W. I have no love for FSU but as an undefeated conference champion I have to believe they got screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT