ADVERTISEMENT

Bama should be in

You're saying no champs...100% participation trophies as we're just developing kids thar are already adults.
Do you honestly believe a fraction of these kids are developed enough to contribute as adults? Just because they are now paid does not constitute them as developed adults. Nor does it imply participation trophies. You are a ****ing retard leftist who watches ESPN way too much.

I’m actually arguing against trophies…period! Somehow you interpret that as participation trophies. You are a special kind of Joe Biden supporter aren’t you?

I’m arguing for the removal of trophies. The removal of monetization for playing a sport. I’m arguing for finding out which “kids” are going to show up and compete for their communities and for their families. As a result they’ll be developed mentally and physically for life’s challenges without expecting a form a payment (aka participation trophy) as a result. There isn’t a single participation trophy involved in that.

Does that spell it out better for you genius?

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe a fraction of these kids are developed enough to contribute as adults? Just because they are now paid does not constitute them as developed adults. Nor does it imply participation trophies. You are a ****ing retard leftist who watches ESPN way too much.

I’m actually arguing against trophies…period! Somehow you interpret that as participation trophies. You are a special kind of Joe Biden supporter aren’t you?
I don't understand your belief that I'm a liberal because I want to treat 18 year old like adults. That's not liberal.
Because you don't winner--you just want them to play and learn. That's the definition of something Biden would say.

I don't understand your belief that I'm a liberal because I want to treat 18 year old like adults. That's not liberal.
Because you don't winner--you just want them to play and learn. That's the definition of something Biden would say.
You’re not understanding anything I’m saying. It’s not a question of age. It’s a question of assessing their development. You obviously live in a world of “all things are equal” given your statement of 18 year olds. That is as Bidenesque as it gets. I don’t give a shit about your age. I do care about your development or lack thereof. Contrary to your belief, we don’t live in a world where all things are equal to age. I know it’s a tough concept for you to grasp, but you’ll get there.

You’re not understanding anything I’m saying. It’s not a question of age. It’s a question of assessing their development. You obviously live in a world of “all things are equal” given your statement of 18 year olds. That is as Bidenesque as it gets. I don’t give a shit about your age. I do care about your development or lack thereof. Contrary to your belief, we don’t live in a world where all things are equal to age. I know it’s a tough concept for you to grasp, but you’ll get there.
And you're not a liberal--because you won't even specifically state what we both know you're saying. Say the words or I'll keep responding the same.

And you're not a liberal--because you won't even specifically state what we both know you're saying. Say the words or I'll keep responding the same.
I’ve stated my peace. You prefer to always give yourself an out with your open ended statements. You lack conviction.

I’ve stated my peace. You prefer to always give yourself an out with your open ended statements. You lack conviction.
You're the one not making the definitive statement. Say what you mean...why are they developed at 18 the same way my kids were?

All these arguments go away with pre-defined criteria. My choice would be 8 conference WINNERS feeding an 8 team playoff. That's a real playoff not an invitational tournament. If you don't win your conference you're out. Too bad. I don't care if the 3rd place team in the SEC is "better" than the MAC champion. You're not the best team in the SEC and only the WINNER gets to participate and you know that on day one. No eye tests need apply.
great if you aren't interested in the best team winning.

You're the one not making the definitive statement. Say what you mean...why are they developed at 18 the same way my kids were?
That’s a long and complicated answer if you prefer specifics. In short, the system has changed to value doers and consumers who blindly follow the money at all costs. It’s a biblical concept and story.

Reactions: Nick's Name
Today we could all be excited about playing Georiga or Ohio State next week (or in two weeks) instead of fighting over Bama/FSU yet some don't want to expand the playoff. They'd rather go play a scrimmage against Ole Miss.

That’s a long and complicated answer if you prefer specifics. In short, the system has changed to value doers and consumers who blindly follow the money at all costs. It’s a biblical concept and story.
It's not a long, complicated answer--it's 5 words.

It's not a long, complicated answer--it's 5 words.
In a round about way, you are literally advocating for FSU to be handled the same way the ‘94 PSU team was. Through speculation both you and ESPN decided FSU is unworthy of an opportunity to prove themselves. All under the guise of “their offense isn’t good”. You are so blind.

You lack depth man. It’s never answered in 5 words.
Oh it is answered in 5 words then we can have an in-depth discussion but you want to play games and take in circles instead of just making your point. Why aren't the 18 year olds on the team as mature and developed as my kids were when they went to school?

Oh it is answered in 5 words then we can have an in-depth discussion but you want to play games and take in circles instead of just making your point. Why aren't the 18 year olds on the team as mature and developed as my kids were when they went to school?
Lack of individual accountability for starters.

In a round about way, you are literally advocating for FSU to be handled the same way the ‘94 PSU team was. Through speculation both you and ESPN decided FSU is unworthy of an opportunity to prove themselves. All under the guise of “their offense isn’t good”. You are so blind.
Kerry Collins was injured and out for the year? Didn't we put up 40+ in our last two games against Northwestern and Michigan State. Where the comparison?

In my ideal world, Penn State and Nebraska are in a large playoff that year. Just like FSU would be in a real playoff this year

Best according to who? Win and move on. Pretty simple.
In a playoff, that's what happens--you win and move on
Your argument is the ACC and Big Ten are comparable. They're not--accept it.
And, beyond that, accept the FACT, the SEC and Big Ten would never agree to want you want.
Your scenario could have worked when there was an ACC, Big Ten, Big East, Big 8, SWC, Pac Ten, SEC but not now with conferences expanding.

I’m projecting that you try to pass off your opinion as fact. The fact is, it’s not.
You're the one doing that--you realize that. You continually try to claim only your opinion is correct. You're wrong. You're entitled to a different opinion but it doesn't make you right.

You're the one doing that--you realize that. You continually try to claim only your opinion is correct. You're wrong. You're entitled to a different opinion but it doesn't make you right.
I don’t think he claimed that at all. I believe it’s how you interpreted it. You make a lot of assumptions.

Reactions: AvgUser
Man, if you have a point to make then say it. You’re like that guy dangling the carrot in front of the rabbit leading him down a foolish path. Your games are obvious.
You're the one refusing that state what you want. You brought it up. Why do lack accountability? Which players? Does Allar? Be specific or not mention it...

I don’t think he claimed that at all. I believe it’s how you interpreted it. You make a lot of assumptions.
How has he not? He has specifically stated FSU had to be included in the playoffs. And I'm wrong because I believe he's wrong. There is no right or wrong it's opinion. And the nonsense that it's SEC bias is even worse.

You're the one refusing that state what you want. You brought it up. Why do lack accountability? Which players? Does Allar? Be specific or not mention it...

You’re attempting to take the conversation a place I wasn’t taking it. The whole carrot and rabbit thing. You’re antics don’t work on everyone.

Not sure what this Lando guy is saying to get people so riled up (more-so than usual), but whatever it is, I am glad I can't read it because I put that idiot on "Ignore" months ago. I suggest everybody do likewise.
I wouldn’t ignore him. I think dialogue is important. It’s perfectly okay to disagree with people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT