ADVERTISEMENT

Bama should be in

The CFP committee could not exclude the SEC champ...and as such could not exclude Texas, either....bummer for FSU.

Did anyone on this board watch the Auburn Alabama game? There is no way Bama was the better team that day. Auburn blew it when on the 4th and 31… they only rushed two and gave the Alabama QB more than 15 seconds to find a receiver. Don’t get me wrong… Alabama pulled off the win but they did not play well enough to deserve the W. I have no love for FSU but as an undefeated conference champion I have to believe they got screwed.
I agree. Didn’t Bama struggle mightily against USF? Didn’t Bama get handed the win against AU? Didn’t Bama lose to UT? But they’re one of the best teams in the country and more deserving than FSU? Bullshit nonsense. Again, it’s all about money. I rest my case.

The CFP committee could not exclude the SEC champ...and as such could not exclude Texas, either....bummer for FSU.
Why couldn’t they exclude the SEC champ? Why is the SEC champ “guaranteed” a spot in the playoff? Oh, that’s right, because of their contractual relationship with ESPN….nothing more and nothing less.

Reactions: 84Lion
Did anyone on this board watch the Auburn Alabama game? There is no way Bama was the better team that day. Auburn blew it when on the 4th and 31… they only rushed two and gave the Alabama QB more than 15 seconds to find a receiver. Don’t get me wrong… Alabama pulled off the win but they did not play well enough to deserve the W. I have no love for FSU but as an undefeated conference champion I have to believe they got screwed.
And you're entitled to that opinion but winning the ACC over Louisville isn't impressive. Not all concerned titles are equal

And you're entitled to that opinion but winning the ACC over Louisville isn't impressive. Not all concerned titles are equal
You watch too much ESPN. It’s obvious. You’re regurgitating their nonsense. Original thoughts are appreciated here.

We can go round and round on this, but L'Ville was averaging over 30 points a game. FSU held them to 6. According to committee, QB is everything and when FSU starting QB went down, they were out.

Would have been really interesting if GA won, and the Committee put TX ahead of FSU. But why didn't they drop FSU below GA and OSU?

Looks like SEC bias.

The whole process is always rigged. Eye test or whatever you want to call it is complete BS. So a 1 loss Bama is better than a 0 loss FSU but a 2 loss PSU is worse than a 1 loss OSU who they beat head to head. If they don’t want to make it this subjective BS then come up with 100% firm guidelines and what the priority of those are. They won’t because they want the ability to pick and choose as they see fit which means they want it to be biased, it’s the legacy of college football.

Reactions: johnmpsu
We can go round and round on this, but L'Ville was averaging over 30 points a game. FSU held them to 6. According to committee, QB is everything and when FSU starting QB went down, they were out.
Thank you! It wasn’t about a UL garbage offense. It was about a damn good FSU defense showing up. But that narrative wasn’t allowed to be talked about on the airwaves so every CFB fan regurgitated the nonsense about UL offense being garbage to further discredit FSU and to pave the path for today’s outcome. People get programmed too easily.

Louisville lost to PITT and Kentucky. I give their defense credit but that's not enough to be one of the best 4. No one that watched FSU yesterday can say that's an elite team but Bama looked elite.

Louisville lost to PITT and Kentucky. I give their defense credit but that's not enough to be one of the best 4. No one that watched FSU yesterday can say that's an elite team but Bama looked elite.
Kind of what people said in 1986 as well. Let them play it out on the field.

I’ll disagree. Defense wins championships and FSU’s defense has stepped up when it needed to the most. Against both UF and UL. That’s the hallmark of a great team.
Earlier in the year I would agree with you but isn't FSU down to their 3rd QB which is the most important position on the field. The committee goes with the 4 best CURRENT teams and that killed FSU

I rather them play on the field and determine that themselves. It has nothing to do with what I think. FSU deserves the opportunity for overcoming the adversity they overcame. It’s good coaching and solid defense.
I agree. I think it’s a crime to keep them out of the playoffs.

I’d rather UM win it than any SEC team. It will help fuel the flame under JF’s seat. The SEC is overrated this year. It’s not often one can say that, but they are not the same SEC on the field as in years past. They are still as equally talented as years past but they are not as equal regarding results on the field.
I wouldn't root for Michigan if they were playing against a Russian All Star team.....

Reactions: AvgUser
I don’t watch ESPN at all. They are blocked via my firewall.
Sounds like your biased against them--Booger said the same thing on ABC last night--is ABC also blocked?
Do you have the internet--you can read it there too

Sounds like your biased against them--Booger said the same thing on ABC last night--is ABC also blocked?
Do you have the internet--you can read it there too
I don’t read the alphabet agencies predictive programming. I encourage original thought. Not mindless regurgitation.

Everything you say sounds regurgitated so if you think it's original it's not.
Okay…what sports anchor applauded FSU for good coaching and solid defense in the face of adversity when their QB was injured?

How many of them argued FSU should be in because defense wins championships?

Earlier in the year I would agree with you but isn't FSU down to their 3rd QB which is the most important position on the field. The committee goes with the 4 best CURRENT teams and that killed FSU
Who is to say FSU couldn't have found a way to beat any team like they have demonstrated all season and especially the last two games? At end of day, it is subjective. Gives us fodder to discuss.

Just why the 4 team playoff is dumb when you have more than 4 Power 5 conferences. Should have been 6, 8 or 12 some time ago, but at least it will be next year. The fact that conference champions continually are left out shows how dumb this system is.

Drop a link.
Ask anyone who watched the announcement show. You won't go to ESPN to watch it supposedly.
Herbie talked about how great of a year FSU had, how Norvell deserves credit for winning with adversity but they aren't a top 4 team.

Ask anyone who watched the announcement show. You won't go to ESPN to watch it supposedly.
Herbie talked about how great of a year FSU had, how Norvell deserves credit for winning with adversity but they aren't a top 4 team.
They’re talking heads who get paid to say what they say with a caveat attached. They’ll never support their argument with affirmation that FSU was screwed and should have been given the opportunity to prove themselves on the field. They support their argument in alignment with companies they represent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT