ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational 11/19 on Flo

0-0 Kasak and Beau after one. A stall warning on Kasak.

1-0 after escape by Beau. 15 secs riding.

Beau hurts arm. Uh oh. Shakes it off.

1-0 Beau after two.

Kasak escapes in 12 secs. 1-1.

How good / deep are we are 141?!?!

Beau shoots and is in deep. Scramble and Bartlett gets the danger TD with one second left.

4-1 Beau wins.

Last edited:
Veteran move by Bartlett, holding Kasak in the danger zone count for the winning takedown at the end of the match. 4-1 final.
Beau is a seasoned pro at this point. I’ll take him vs anyone in a tie match coming down to the wire or OT

Surprised Kasak never took one committed shot the whole match

0-0 Kasak and Beau after one. A stall warning on Kasak.

1-0 after escape by Beau. 15 secs riding.

Beau hurts arm. Uh oh. Shakes it off.

1-0 Beau after two.

Kasak escapes in 12 secs. 1-1.

How good / deep are we are 141?!?!

Beau shoots and is in deep. Scramble and Bartlett gets the danger TD with one second left.

4-1 Beau wins.
PSU may have three of top ten wrestlers @ 141. Kasak looks like he could be 157 lber. He has a very mature physique.

Reactions: Fatmarc and mcpat
I know it's the Black Knight Invite but a 125 pounder from PSU just won a tournament...
Davis appears to have some toughness. Also like that he's willing and able to ride a little. Didn't really expect those qualities from Davis as a true frosh, so a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: mcpat
The question will be whether Davis WANTS to go this year; its conceivable that looking ahead he might want to use a redshirt.

I'm wondering right now exactly who, other than Carr and Keegan, can beat Mitchell Mesenbrink.

Right now think about this: 9 PSU wrestlers of 10 are in the top 3 of their weight classes.

Messenbrink over Barraclough 8-5.

Barraclough with a tough 3rd period ride and late 3rd period TD (after cutting Messenbrink after a 2nd stall call).

Barraclough with a very good tourney, highlighted by a SV Fall over #9 Fish of Mich St.

We’re also very deep at 165.

Barraclough basically would give ANYONE all they could handle. He's tough, really good defense and enough offense to be a real pest, even to the very best guys. No shame for Mesenbrink to only beat him by 3.

Barraclough basically would give ANYONE all they could handle. He's tough, really good defense and enough offense to be a real pest, even to the very best guys. No shame for Mesenbrink to only beat him by 3.
bearclaw should have been doing what he did the last 30 seconds the whole match!

Reactions: Zukovski
I'm wondering right now exactly who, other than Carr and Keegan, can beat Mitchell Mesenbrink.
Right now think about this: 9 PSU wrestlers of 10 are in the top 3 of their weight classes.
Let's pump the brakes on this. It might end up true, but is way too early to tell right now.

Mesenbrink looks very good, also by far his toughest opponents this year were Cassella and Bearclaw. He had a hard time getting out from under Bearclaw, so he's not the 3rd best wrestler in the country right now.

He probably won't be tested until Amine on 1/19 -- and we know Amine will attempt to slow the match and suffocate his offense. After that, Caliendo on 2/9, Taylor on 2/18, and then Hamiti if they face at B10s.

It was one of their three duals. Sorry.
Right. And Fongaro wrestled in that dual only because Rutgers had two duals hours apart that day (Nov 3). Mitch Moore (transfer from Oklahoma) is the Rutgers starter at 141.

Right. And Fongaro wrestled in that dual only because Rutgers had two duals hours apart that day (Nov 3). Mitch Moore (transfer from Oklahoma) is the Rutgers starter at 141.
I’m not as knowledgeable about the Rutgers wrestling program as I should be apparently.

Reactions: mn78psu83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT