ADVERTISEMENT

Black Knight Invitational 11/19 on Flo

Next up for Davis:
Tristan Lujan, MSU starter.
Lujan has victories over #27 FLO McCrone (6-1) and Greg Diakhomolis (5-4) this year. His only loss is to Ramos, 3-12.

Lujan will be a good test for Davis. Howard has Berginc who is of similar caliber. Both NQ-type guys.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
Davis re-attack TD. Lujan quick escape. 3-1 very early. 3-1 after one. Davis the aggressor in my view. 8 secs RT.

Lujan takes bottom. Earns a 6 second escape. 3-2. 14 secs RT.

Davis in on a single. Long scramble. No points. Stalemated with 6 secs to go. 3-2 after two. Davis still the aggressor.

Davis takes bottom. Sit out. Needs to go vertical. Gets escape. 4-2 Davis. 1:30 to go. 6 secs adv for Lujan. Lujan now gets active. Shot by Davis. Deep. Can’t quite finish. Looks like three. Not given. Stalemate. Waiting for challenge. Blood time. 33 to go. Davis again in deep on a shot. No finish.

Davis wins 4-2. The aggressor throughout. In deep a few times without finishing the TD.

Last edited:
Berginc was a NQ last year (0-2) but has bonus losses this year to Ramos (MD), Noto (TF) and Camacho (MD). Three very good wrestlers. The finals will give us a nice read on Davis.

Kasak with a dominant 1st period in his semi final. 3-0 with 1:54 RT over Carter of GW who I know nothing about.

7-0 after two with 2:43 RT.

8-0 final. Carter’s wrestlestat profile says that’s a nice win. Nagao beat him by DEC last year 9-3 at the Scuffle.

Will the coaches let the Beau vs Kasak final happen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog and danoftw
Kasak with a dominant 1st period in his semi final. 3-0 with 1:54 RT over Carter of GW who I know nothing about.
Just a guy. 25-14 last year, DNQ for nationals. 1 career win over a NQ, then lost to that guy 3x later in the same year. Maybe he'll qualify this year, but probably won't go anywhere if he does. Kasak did what he needed to do there.

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
Steen has jumped a level
Yeah, Steen seems much more confident and aggressive, and is putting up points like we haven't seen before, albeit against "meh" competition. Steen clearly had a lot of room for improvement from 2022-23, but good to see him making strides.

Reactions: mcpat
Barraclough vs Fish (which remains the worst wrestling last name ever).

0-0 after one.

Barraclough active but struggling to escape. Hand control, I believe, has been an issue for him on bottom in the past. Gets escape after 43 secs. 1-0 TB. Fish in on a single but TB holds him at bay. 1-0 after two.

Quick escape by Fish. 1-1. 37 secs adv to Fish. Barraclough shoots and gets into a tough front headlock by Fish. No stalemate is weird. 1-1 after three.

Really nice Snap down by Barraclough becomes a single leg TD to his back and the FALL!!!!

Big W by the Bear Claw!!!

Last edited:
Mesenbrink- Caliendo in a few months.

Caliendo better pack 2 lunches
turducken.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT