ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal named the OW at the Southern Scuffle

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
https://twitter.com/pennstateWREST

CXwwvAqUkAE7Fny.png:large

Well deserved, Bo beat Realbuto twice I think.
Well deserved for sure. I always was impressed with Bo in high school, and was hoping he would be Hawk.
Dam it GOLDBANGER won't make New York but God willing if alive will be back at St Louis.
Any chance of u and u r buddies coming to Big Tens? Know it is a long trip but u guys still kids.;)

Well deserved for sure. I always was impressed with Bo in high school, and was hoping he would be Hawk.
Dam it GOLDBANGER won't make New York but God willing if alive will be back at St Louis.
Any chance of u and u r buddies coming to Big Tens? Know it is a long trip but u guys still kids.;)
And Minnhawkeye... you're going to be around a long time to enjoy wrestling. God willing... and because you will. :)

Last edited:

Minnhawkeye, we would love to do Big Tens but I don't see that happening until I retire (got a few years to go), but we will definitely be in St Louis. Too bad we won't see you in NYC.

Minnhawkeye, we would love to do Big Tens but I don't see that happening until I retire (got a few years to go), but we will definitely be in St Louis. Too bad we won't see you in NYC.
Hate to miss it also Goldbanger but some health issues now not real serious just have to slow down some.

Reactions: lionlover
And you're a strong kid at heart. Keep enjoying every great moment these kids are displaying on the mat... Minnhawkeye. We don't know when we'll ever see if again. Please.. take care. Thanks for your support also of Andrew Long and his struggles as you've expressed and openly discussed your own. I appreciate a man who can look himself in the face... and face and fess up to his past. HUGE RESPECT is earned in such way. And we all have that past. We all do.

Thank you amalone but my old age goes one day at a time lol
You can be an old bird, a flightless bird or a bird who hasn't flown thousands of miles and experienced the world. I'd rather be a Minnhawkeye and seen and felt the best and worse that this earth has to offer. I want you around to hound me when I get out of line. To remind me that there are other good wrestlers who don't don blue and white. I want to joke with you years from now. And we will. :)

You're never too old to soar in the clouds and tell all who haven't been there... what you saw. Doesn't matter what age you may be. Take care... Minnhawkeye.

Last edited:
Amalone, I posted here but forgot which thread.
Just wanted to let u know how good Andrew Long looked at the Midlands. He earned the OW and Gable award. I wish he would try free style in April I believe he would do very good.

Amalone, I posted here but forgot which thread.
Just wanted to let u know how good Andrew Long looked at the Midlands. He earned the OW and Gable award. I wish he would try free style in April I believe he would do very good.
I read that post Minnhawkeye and I was drawing my comments about what you wrote about Andrew Long.

You made similar posts in the past about relating to Andrew's troubles and I appreciated your sensitivity and candor about your similar path. I thought it took a real man to state what you stated and I appreciated your level of truth that sets you apart from the people who shy away from guilt or their past. The ME, ME, ME generation that expunges guilt for past indiscretions.

I read all your posts, here and on HR and I love your candor and straightforwardness. It's refreshing.. as I don't always smell like a ROSE. ;)

Andrew Long, Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf and Bo Nichal all wrestle with that relentless offensive in your face mentality. I LOVE IT!!!

I read all your posts and comments and faithfully look for your posts here and on HR. I know I'm going to get a truthful, honest and upfront opinion, And... I LOVE THAT ALSO!!!

I read that post Minnhawkeye and I was drawing my comments about what you wrote about Andrew Long.

You made similar posts in the past about relating to Andrew's troubles and I appreciated your sensitivity and candor about your similar path. I thought it took a real man to state what you stated and I appreciated your level of truth that sets you apart from the people who shy away from guilt or their past. The ME, ME, ME generation that expunges guilt for past indiscretions.

I read all your posts, here and on HR and I love your candor and straightforwardness. It's refreshing.. as I don't always smell like a ROSE. ;)

Andrew Long, Zain Retherford, Jason Nolf and Bo Nichal all wrestle with that relentless offensive in your face mentality. I LOVE IT!!!

I read all your posts and comments and faithfully look for your posts here and on HR. I know I'm going to get a truthful, honest and upfront opinion, And... I LOVE THAT ALSO!!!
minnhawkeye is another classy well balanced Iowa poster.

minnhawkeye is another classy well balanced Iowa poster.
...and one I hope to meet in Iowa City. Stayed in the same hotel with the Iowa faithful several years back (Purdue or Illinois, forget which), and the one's I met were a hoot. NoVa and I even met the most famous Hawkeye of them all.

...and one I hope to meet in Iowa City. Stayed in the same hotel with the Iowa faithful several years back (Purdue or Illinois, forget which), and the one's I met were a hoot. NoVa and I even met the most famous Hawkeye of them all.

If it's who I think you mean, I've met him twice. The first time was in the back of the gym in Munich about 45 minutes before he beat the Russian for the gold medal!

That was at Illinois. I still have the email with that picture in it saved.

Kentucky Mudflap?

...certainly NOT Dan Gable...

...he was an Iowa State Cyclone...

...NOT a Hawkeye...

...NOT a Hawkeye...

Gable wrestled at Iowa State, but considering that he was employed by Iowa for 30+ years, I'd have to consider him more of a Hawk than a Cyclone.

BTW, Androcles, some of your posts place you in a more senior fan category. Were you by any chance at Northwestern in 1970 to see Larry Owings beat Gable?

...NOT a Hawkeye...
Knew someone would point that out. Even suspected it might be you, androcles ;).

Btw, hope you enjoyed your trip. Saw some interesting photos tonight...

Awesome picture of Bo Nickal I must have missed from the Bryce Jordan Center match. We'll see a lot of this in the coming years.

12357038_1077033069013652_1917233568437162174_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT