Bourbon and LdN, "ballot harvesting" ... Can you explain it to me like I'm a 5yo?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Explain like I'm a 3rd grader.
That would be above your grade level, you're willfully stupid. But I'll try, first go into the black inner city areas and try this crap. Next the population density is not there in the normal Republican areas. Next if they try to do that Democrats will accuse them of voter fraud, I guarantee it.
Look at Trump's impeachment? The Russian collusion? It was not him, the Democrats and FBI pulled that BS. And you don't care.

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
That's complete bullshit. You should be ashamed of yourself. So Republicans should go around and sign up bums and vote for them? Do you really think these people are voters?
I told you people what my friend found and no one cares. Guys like you are a big part of the problem.
Listen....I agree with you. Ballot harvesting should probably be outlawed or at least curtailed like in Georgia. Buts let's not be naive. If we want our candidates to win, we have to beat the Dems at their own game. Get our people in office and change the law. It's not going to change unless Republicans are in office. Who ever said politics wasn't a dirty business.

jferretti

Jun 11, 2001
Remember, these aren't voters. They have no political interest except maybe free stuff and are being paid. $10 is the supposed going rate.
All of this B.S., offered without proof, is going away soon enough. Programs are being developed to vote electronically from the comfort of your home so that this nonsense with poll workers, cheating, etc. will be addressed. Again, any proof of money changing hands for votes?

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
See post #38
Most people will avoid a conflict rather than fight for their rights. I have little respect for that un less it's part of a longer strategy, such as not here, not now, not with you. You need to know the situation. They believe Trump bad and divisive but don't see the divisiveness caused by the phony scandals based on lies and again, put it back on him.
It's like a spouse blaming the other for cheating on them while they are doing, fabricating some evidence or lying about it then doubling down when the PI catches them.

jferretti

Jun 11, 2001
Listen....I agree with you. Ballot harvesting should probably be outlawed or at least curtailed like in Georgia. Buts let's not be naive. If we want our candidates to win, we have to beat the Dems at their own game. Get our people in office and change the law. It's not going to change unless Republicans are in office. Who ever said politics wasn't a dirty business.
Republicans controlled the PA State legislature and what efforts did they make beyond storming the Capitol?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
All of this B.S., offered without proof, is going away soon enough. Programs are being developed to vote electronically from the comfort of your home so that this nonsense with poll workers, cheating, etc. will be addressed. Again, any proof of money changing hands for votes?
First hand reports from people, it's not like you're getting signed affidavits. I have a friend who worked with the state police. The proof they need on a drug buy is rather hefty. Every single buy.
You're an idiot to think it doesn't happen. I can say with certainty that most DUIs aren't being caught too, saying prove it means you come up with anecdotal reports.
Think how you would get people to sign up and if you7 have a shred of smarts and honesty you know how it would happen. Going rate for heroin around here was $3 I believe. Do the math.

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and psuted

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
That would be above your grade level, you're willfully stupid. But I'll try, first go into the black inner city areas and try this crap. Next the population density is not there in the normal Republican areas. Next if they try to do that Democrats will accuse them of voter fraud, I guarantee it.
Look at Trump's impeachment? The Russian collusion? It was not him, the Democrats and FBI pulled that BS. And you don't care.
So I'm willfully stupid. Thanks for the kind words. Why is it that you get angry when all I'm trying to do is conduct a civil discussion with you? So I'm stupid if I don't have the same level of understanding of these matters that you do. And it angers you to share your understanding.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Republicans controlled the PA State legislature and what efforts did they make beyond storming the Capitol?
They were stupid to agree with the measure, they were part of it in Pa. They thought getting rid of the check one party box would make it harder to cheat. They're idiots.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
So I'm willfully stupid. Thanks for the kind words. Why is it that you get angry when all I'm trying to do is conduct a civil discussion with you? So I'm stupid if I don't have the same level of understanding of these matters that you do. And it angers you to share your understanding.
The time for discussion is over, the damage is done. Why not do the work on your own to try to see the problems here. Too many uniformed people like you are what is the problem.

jferretti

Jun 11, 2001
He ignores the "ballot harvesting" that takes place in the churches and factories. Just like him I know people under pressure to vote like the pastor says, with vote drives and the such, and to "go vote" like the boss wants you to at the workplace. I've seen company managers arrange for transportation of workers to the polls and conducting meetings to explain the ballots and educate the workers about how to vote, often by mail or by having a job foreman collect the absentee or mail ballots. There was a business in southwestern PA that had ballots filled out in the lunch room. To maintain this is a one-sided affair is inaccurate. What I will keep asking for is the proof of money changing hands for votes.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I think you nailed that one.
I am not saying all R good, all D bad. I'm certain some Rs didn't give crap. Many of these guys have lifetime pensions and benefits after serving only a certain amount of time. They do not care.
As for paying for votes, in this town it was app $5 60 years ago. That was straight up stopping by and asking someone to vote, you of course could vote how you please since it was secret. Forty years ago it was 5-10 and it took a little time. this was canvassing for shut in types, or others who might not go and vote. You're mentally handicapped uncle living with you? He's request a ballot with their help of course. And they'd fill it out for him.
This wasn't legal but of course hard to prove and it took a lot of leg work . Now they can get 100 votes in a similar time frame in the inner city.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
He ignores the "ballot harvesting" that takes place in the churches and factories. Just like him I know people under pressure to vote like the pastor says, with vote drives and the such, and to "go vote" like the boss wants you to at the workplace. I've seen company managers arrange for transportation of workers to the polls and conducting meetings to explain the ballots and educate the workers about how to vote, often by mail or by having a job foreman collect the absentee or mail ballots. There was a business in southwestern PA that had ballots filled out in the lunch room. To maintain this is a one-sided affair is inaccurate. What I will keep asking for is the proof of money changing hands for votes.
Not near the same in volume and intensity. See? we are getting somewhere now. They're doing it too is where we are at.

Fayette_LION

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2004
Remember, these aren't voters. They have no political interest except maybe free stuff and are being paid. $10 is the supposed going rate.
Back in the day(50's through 80's)my uncle was a vote runner, The local dems used a number of them on election day. He would travel to local communities and pick up people and take them to the polls. For their participation, they were provided a pint of whisky. This was done using multiple drivers in all the small communities of the county. It got the vote out for the dems. This was probably the early stages of vote harvesting. Now accomplished by mass mail out of ballots indiscriminately. Just need someone to pick the ballots up fill them in and drop them off. Election integrity goes out the window. The dems love it.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
In recent years in our area there was a big drug bust. My friend was part of it and he explained in detail what they have to do to catalog one single drug buy. You need to video the guy, inventory his pockets, give him marked bills, and then do the process after each buy. Of course there are time and dates stamps for this.
That's the proof people on one side will demand for prove of a paid vote. Like a person who does this will keep records.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
So I'm part of the problem by voting for all the Republicans on the Georgia ballot?
Listen, I don’t think you’re stupid at all, but I do think too many Republicans are very naive and don’t really recognize the impact of some of the decisions that they themselves often make and play right into their own downfall.

Republicans tend to be more concerned with promoting and enabling laws, including voter laws in the interest of the appearance of basic fairness, but that will be misused by Democrats and come back to haunt them. Democrats are playing chess and the Republicans are playing checkers.

Republicans must stop being so damn naive and when they have the political clout on their side they need to not worry about being called or labeled as a racist or other derogatory name and not buckle to any compromise whatsoever.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Translation... They're all black

SMH
So? You think some lily white guy from the sticks will be able to illegally sign up votes in the projects. Go try it as a non inner city white Democrat. I'll send flowers to the funeral home of your choice prior to your experiment.

Reactions: Fayette_LION

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Listen, I don’t think you’re stupid at all, but I do think too many Republicans are very naive and don’t really recognize the impact of some of the decisions that they themselves often make and play right into their own downfall.

Republicans tend to be more concerned with promoting and enabling laws, including voter laws in the interest of the appearance of basic fairness, but that will be misused by Democrats and come back to haunt them. Democrats are playing chess and the Republicans are playing checkers.

Republicans must stop being so damn naive and when they have the political clout on their side they need to not worry about being called or labeled as a racist or other derogatory name and not buckle to any compromise whatsoever.
He's not stupid , it's to say dumb. Dumb is clueless about things. Intelligent people can be quite dumb.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Ballot harvesting is when Republicans lose an election because too many inner city black people voted.

(Well that’s what Republicans think it is)

Reactions: ouirpsu

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
So? You think some lily white guy from the sticks will be able to illegally sign up votes in the projects. Go try it as a non inner city white Democrat. I'll send flowers to the funeral home of your choice prior to your experiment.
This is just a really smelly red herring. How many nursing homes are there in the inner city? How many extra black votes are harvested? What percentage of the electorate is black? How many votes are harvested in churches?

All you bozos are conflating voter drives with harvesting. Why aren't you whining and bitching at a republican ground game that apparently sucks and where is the proof of any of this harvesting is happening on a meaningful scale?

Reactions: NJPSU

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
He's not stupid , it's to say dumb. Dumb is clueless about things. Intelligent people can be quite dumb.
And I’m not sure that some of the Republicans elected to Congress get it either.

They’re not stupid people either, but their ability to recognize that these political games are being played against them or that their trust in basic human nature is actually being abused by their opponents is sorely lacking. The Democrats are “street smart” and the Republican are too busy trying to be friends with Democrats. The more Republicans put “kick me in the ass” signs on their back, the more the Democrats will kick the sh*t out of them.

You can’t trust or let yourself be outsmarted by Democrats, but the Republicans will never learn.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
Only illustrates the point.

Stupid people should not vote.

When we started the country, only landowners (a sign of capability) could vote.
No, it doesn't illustrate the point.

There are stupid people on both sides.

There was also slavery when we started the country, your comment is hardly relevant.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Is that legal?
This is a better explanation of the process. It’s a good timely article

• Love

SLion

May 29, 2001
Yes, this person gets to cancel your vote with the help of democrat operatives.

”Preserve Democracy”

Fast Eddie, of course..he holds the truth. Another valid media source from Rs, like the guy in the black ski hat who broke down all inner-workings of Dem AZ fraud. They know it so well. Just can't stop it bc Rs are too moral.. hah

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
No, it doesn't illustrate the point.

There are stupid people on both sides.

There was also slavery when we started the country, your comment is hardly relevant.
You are thinking I thought that all Trump voters had IQ > 100?
No one with IQ < 100 should vote.

No intelligent person thinks that slavery cancels another, unrelated point.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
And I’m not sure that some of the Republicans elected to Congress get it either.

They’re not stupid people either, but their ability to recognize that these political games are being played against them or that their trust in basic human nature is actually being abused by their opponents is sorely lacking. The Democrats are “street smart” and the Republican are too busy trying to be friends with Democrats. The more Republicans put “kick me in the ass” signs on their back, the more the Democrats will kick the sh*t out of them.

You can’t trust or let yourself be outsmarted by Democrats, but the Republicans will never learn.
Yep

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Fast Eddie, of course..he holds the truth. Another valid media source from Rs, like the guy in the black ski hat who broke down all inner-workings of Dem AZ fraud. They know it so well. Just can't stop it bc Rs are too moral.. hah
I’m simply pointing out that low IQ people shouldn’t vote.

Why should a person who cannot read be able to influence how a complex system runs?

I know! Let’s ask a Ph. D Electrical Engineer and 5 social justice majors how we should design the next electrical grid upgrade!

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
In many states, it is legal to do ballot harvesting such as going to nursing homes and pick up everyone’s ballots. It’s not legal to fill them out but with people of questionable abilit and no one overseeing what is happening...it happens. Some times even the nurses or aides on staff do it.
Exactly, and they don't get it or ignore that. It's like any kind of crime or may be a situation in which the spouse is cheating. Prove it? Well my spouse is staying out all night.
Well that's not proof they're cheating. We need more proof. And so it goes.