Bourbon and LdN, "ballot harvesting" ... Can you explain it to me like I'm a 5yo?

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Democrats pushed for this by using Covid as justification. I think it was illegal in some cases because they did it without legislative approval.

It worked so well for Ds that they made it a permanent thing. If Rs opposed they were accused of denying people the right to vote. That's a typical D strategy.

Some Rs have adopted a strategy of "If you can't beat them, join them" so they are now trying it themselves. The problem is they were late to the game and they have a lot less to gain.

The fact is that we had a very good checkpoint for voting.

That checkpoint was that voters showed up to a voting location and voted on election day.

By removing that checkpoint you are left with situations like have been described. Unconscious or mentally handicapped people from nursing homes voting. Entire project buildings voting for the same candidate. People voting 10 times. Etc.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Thanks for the information, but aren't these laws for all citizens, not just Democrats? Ok...let's just for arguments sake say Democrats practice ballot harvesting. Why don't Republican campaigns do it if it is legal?
Republicans tend to vote in person so they have much less to gain.

I guess they could go to churches and push for that vote but most churches attempt to remain politically neutral.

Democrats go to liberal schools where kids have been indoctrinated by liberal professors. The go to nursing homes where they tell people Rs want to take away SS & Medicare.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
The fact is that we had a very good checkpoint for voting.

That checkpoint was that voters showed up to a voting location and voted on election day.

By removing that checkpoint you are left with situations like have been described. Unconscious or mentally handicapped people from nursing homes voting. Entire project buildings voting for the same candidate. People voting 10 times. Etc.
Ballots could be sent to a nursing home intended for a resident who is deceased. Nursing home administrators could throw those in the trash only to have a harvester recover them and get people to sign. They can also toss those that weren't voted D.

I'm sure that a lot of places attempt to stop illicit behavior but motivated (paid) harvesters aren't easy to stop.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Ballots could be sent to a nursing home intended for a resident who is deceased. Nursing home administrators could throw those in the trash only to have a harvester recover them and get people to sign. They can also toss those that weren't voted D.

I'm sure that a lot of places attempt to stop illicit behavior but motivated (paid) harvesters aren't easy to stop.
You‘ve uncovered our secret strategy. We have dumpster divers at every nursing home in the country just waiting for those administrators to throw out some ballots. How did you figure it out?

Reactions: LafayetteBear

bdgan

May 29, 2008
You‘ve uncovered our secret strategy. We have dumpster divers at every nursing home in the country just waiting for those administrators to throw out some ballots. How did you figure it out?
It's not at every nursing home but it exists. I've seen videos.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
It's not at every nursing home but it exists. I've seen videos.
And there were Republicans in the Florida Villages that were arrested for voter fraud. It doesn’t mean these isolated incidents are having any material impact on the election results.

Do you think all this excuse making by Republicans is some kind of defense mechanism to ease the pain of knowing theres simply more legitimate votes for the Democrats? It’s childish .

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
It’s more than nursing homes. Far more. They go door to door to find people that aren’t registered, then sign them up as 🤡. Then they go back and ‘help’ them fill out the ballots. Do the same with homeless people.

Then schools will have sign up drives run by the unions. Very intimidating to not vote 🤡. Same with other unions like SEIU, ASCFME, and more.
Don’t forget the fact that they do not up date the voter registration roles and somehow dead people keep voting year after year.

There are also reports of registered voters going to the polls on Election Day and not being allowed to vote because someone already cast their mail in ballot.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
And there were Republicans in the Florida Villages that were arrested for voter fraud. It doesn’t mean these isolated incidents are having any material impact on the election results.

Do you think all this excuse making by Republicans is some kind of defense mechanism to ease the pain of knowing theres simply more legitimate votes for the Democrats? It’s childish .
I make no excuse for voter fraud in the Villages. The potential voter fraud I'm talking about is a problem because it has been legalized and/or set up in a way that it's difficult to audit.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Democrats pushed for this by using Covid as justification. I think it was illegal in some cases because they did it without legislative approval.

It worked so well for Ds that they made it a permanent thing. If Rs opposed they were accused of denying people the right to vote. That's a typical D strategy.

Some Rs have adopted a strategy of "If you can't beat them, join them" so they are now trying it themselves. The problem is they were late to the game and they have a lot less to gain.
Yep, they didn't grasp the gravity of this,

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I've told you this many times before - you pick any topic you want to discuss. Bring facts that supports your arguments, but it can't be from a left leaning organization. I'll be more than happy to engage if you come at it with rational, logical arguments and reasoning and it is something that interests me.

But you won't do it. That requires effort. And you won't do it. We all know that. And we all know that because you can't even be original in your lame-ass responses. I live rent-free in your head, dude.

Man up. Start a new thread. Tag me. Or continue being a dickhead.
Get back to sweeping up around your trailer park, Bankofstupidity.

Reactions: NJPSU

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
Conceptually, I understand what is ballot harvesting -- clear as a crystal.

What I need help with though is how it works in real life. As in, 1) what's the actual mechanism that is employed to do it (again, explain this to me like I'm 5yo); and 2) How is this accomplished with nobody (or such little) leaking the scheme to someone willing/capable of exposing the operation?
I am breaking my self imposed ban fro all politics already. however i haven't read this thread so apologies if already discussed.
Google
How Wisconsin Streetfighters Disrupted a Democrat Ballot collection process. by Jay Valentine.
It appears in the American Thinker

it might provide some insight.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
That would be above your grade level, you're willfully stupid. But I'll try, first go into the black inner city areas and try this crap. Next the population density is not there in the normal Republican areas. Next if they try to do that Democrats will accuse them of voter fraud, I guarantee it.
Look at Trump's impeachment? The Russian collusion? It was not him, the Democrats and FBI pulled that BS. And you don't care.