Bourbon and LdN, "ballot harvesting" ... Can you explain it to me like I'm a 5yo?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I’m simply pointing out that low IQ people shouldn’t vote.

Why should a person who cannot read be able to influence how a complex system runs?

I know! Let’s ask a Ph. D Electrical Engineer and 5 social justice majors how we should design the next electrical grid upgrade!
Don't give them any ideas

Reactions: psuted

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
All of this B.S., offered without proof, is going away soon enough. Programs are being developed to vote electronically from the comfort of your home so that this nonsense with poll workers, cheating, etc. will be addressed. Again, any proof of money changing hands for votes?
Sounds like Jim Crowe 3.0. Not everyone has internet in their home. Therefore, poor people have more difficulty voting. Ballot harvesting would become $50 for electronic access aid. Hacking is always possible if not inevitable.

How can homeless vote from the comfort of their home?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
Listen, I don’t think you’re stupid at all, but I do think too many Republicans are very naive and don’t really recognize the impact of some of the decisions that they themselves often make and play right into their own downfall.

Republicans tend to be more concerned with promoting and enabling laws, including voter laws in the interest of the appearance of basic fairness, but that will be misused by Democrats and come back to haunt them. Democrats are playing chess and the Republicans are playing checkers.

Republicans must stop being so damn naive and when they have the political clout on their side they need to not worry about being called or labeled as a racist or other derogatory name and not buckle to any compromise whatsoever.
That is my point here. Republicans need to get into the game if they want to get their people elected. I use the Penn State football analogy. Penn Staters complain that the SEC bends the rules. Especially when it comes to recruiting. But on the other hand they complain that we aren't winning championships. You can't have it both ways. You either get into the 'game' or atop complaining. We need to beat the Dems with their own game plan. Then once we have the power to do something...legislate the laws. It's not an ideal situation but it is the reality.

Last edited:

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
So? You think some lily white guy from the sticks will be able to illegally sign up votes in the projects. Go try it as a non inner city white Democrat. I'll send flowers to the funeral home of your choice prior to your experiment.
Why not send an AA individual into those locations? Gave he/she wear a Biden button. As I said....politics is dirty.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Sounds like Jim Crowe 3.0. Not everyone has internet in their home. Therefore, poor people have more difficulty voting. Ballot harvesting would become $50 for electronic access aid. Hacking is always possible if not inevitable.

How can homeless vote from the comfort of their home?
Maybe they could go vote in person ?🤷‍♂️ See the difference when you have to have someone show up ?

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
I’m simply pointing out that low IQ people shouldn’t vote.

Why should a person who cannot read be able to influence how a complex system runs?

I know! Let’s ask a Ph. D Electrical Engineer and 5 social justice majors how we should design the next electrical grid upgrade!
You want to hear something bizarre? My youngest brother has Down syndrome and he was able to vote in PA last week.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
That is my point here. Republicans need to get into the game if they want to get their people elected. I use the Penn State football analogy. Penn Staters complain that the SEC bends the rules. Especially when it comes to recruiting. But on the other hand they complain that we aren't winning championships. You can't have it both ways. You either get into the 'game' or atop complaining. We need to beat the Dems with their own game plan. Then once we have the power to do something...legislate the laws. It's not an ideal situation but it us the reality.
Republicans need a ground game to do it and they presently don’t have it. But I agree, beat them at their own game, but that’s easier said than done. Republicans also need to focus on winning in State and local elections first and Presidential elections will take care of themselves.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Republicans need a ground game to do it and they presently don’t have it. But I agree, beat them at their own game, but that’s easier said than done. Republicans also need to focus on winning in State and local elections first and Presidential elections will take care of themselves.
I still don't see it working , the numbers aren't there. Showing up in person worked forever . We get high local turnouts for most elections in my home town .

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
Do you see how ridiculous this is getting?
I agree 100%. It is ridiculous. But it is the reality. Listen, way back when J campaigned for Nixon vs. Humphrey. On the night before the election a friend and J when from utility pole to pole tearing down the Humphrey posters and putting up Nixon posters. Not a proud movement for me. I was young. But sometimes you have to do what is required.....whatever is required. That's a line from a great movie.

Alphalion75

Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
I still don't see it working , the numbers aren't there. Showing up in person worked forever . We get high local turnouts for most elections in my home town .
I agree.....but you can't put the cart before the horse. Play by the current rules.......win........then change the rules. It won't happen otherwise. The numbers will come if you work hard at it. I believe the GOP gave up on winning the cities years ago. It's time to get to work and make some inroads. Heed the words of Josh Hawley. I may be naive but I know what hard work will yield.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I don’t know if it would work either because the true nature of deplorable’s is to be more reserved and complacent than the liberal activists. Especially if things are questionable on whether or not illegality is possible in what they’re doing. However, this is NOT democracy and something needs to be done.

A strong ground game is needed and I’m not sure if it’s in the nature of deplorable’s to pursue an effective ground game.

SLion

May 29, 2001
Exactly, and they don't get it or ignore that. It's like any kind of crime or may be a situation in which the spouse is cheating. Prove it? Well my spouse is staying out all night.
Well that's not proof they're cheating. We need more proof. And so it goes.
"2000 coyotes"...coming soon to run down theatre in south alabammy soon

• Haha
Reactions: NJPSU

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
You are thinking I thought that all Trump voters had IQ > 100?
No one with IQ < 100 should vote.

No intelligent person thinks that slavery cancels another, unrelated point.
You missed my point, in no way was I suggesting that one cancels another, just that the country has moved on from that time. Limiting voters to landowners now is just over the top and makes whatever point you're trying to make invalid.

Reactions: ouirpsu

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
You missed my point, in no way was I suggesting that one cancels another, just that the country has moved on from that time. Limiting voters to landowners now is just over the top and makes whatever point you're trying to make invalid.
I think the point is that only responsible, intelligent people should have a say in how we run the country.

Certainly people on welfare should NOT, as they cannot (by definition) even take care of themselves.

Now, you could argue with me about pure IQ, and I would listen.

But no person on welfare should be voting, and neither should any gubmint employee.

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
This is a better explanation of the process. It’s a good timely article

Awesome, another unsupported opinion piece without a shred of evidence from a contard source.

junior1

May 29, 2001
Conceptually, I understand what is ballot harvesting -- clear as a crystal.

What I need help with though is how it works in real life. As in, 1) what's the actual mechanism that is employed to do it (again, explain this to me like I'm 5yo); and 2) How is this accomplished with nobody (or such little) leaking the scheme to someone willing/capable of exposing the operation?
for what it's worth, here's my opinion....Republicans were late to the party in 2020 when it came to early voting and vote by mail....they lost
This time, you'd think they would have geared up for a similar type election...apparently they came in second again.
Now I know some will tell me that they did all they could or the best that they could..but proof is in the results.
There is one more chance...senate race in georgia. If every republican senator, every republican rep, every staffer from the republican party, and all the funds from these party, senatorial and representative campaign committees is not 100 % committed to georgia, they deserve to lose.
Hershel Walker could not possibly be the best republican candidate available to run for senate from georgia!

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
for what it's worth, here's my opinion....Republicans were late to the party in 2020 when it came to early voting and vote by mail....they lost
This time, you'd think they would have geared up for a similar type election...apparently they came in second again.
Now I know some will tell me that they did all they could or the best that they could..but proof is in the results.
There is one more chance...senate race in georgia. If every republican senator, every republican rep, every staffer from the republican party, and all the funds from these party, senatorial and representative campaign committees is not 100 % committed to georgia, they deserve to lose.
Hershel Walker could not possibly be the best republican candidate available to run for senate from georgia!
You cannot make up the numbers in traditional Republican areas. The population density isn't there and you cannot go community activist in predominantly inner city black areas because a rival gang will not be welcome. This is turf and it's money, it's silly to get the GOP could come into the projects and do this.
I was watching Tulsa King last night Sly Stallone gets out of prison and is shipped to Tulsa and told to start earning. It's an enjoyable show but pretty stupid to think a NY Italian could roll into town and start doing Mob stuff. As easily as he did. The weed dispensary was a funny scene but you're telling me they don't have one discrete armed guard along with the fat guy with pepper spray out front? And no security cameras? It was ridiculous.
A cash business with $500,000 in the safe is going to have better security. In my version Bodhi comes out, and as soon as there's trouble the retired force recon marine who earns 125k a year comes out with a suppressed AR and explains why this is a bad idea. They get his picture off the security camera, run it past LE and he's back in jail quicker than he got out.
You don't go into the highly populated voting areas without being invited and Republicans aren't wanted there.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
He's an idiot and complicit by his willful ignorance. He'd be a Vichey in France during WW2.
You’re starting to remind me of our resident history scholar (Horsewanker), who has a penchant for making misspelled historical references.

It’s “Vichy,” NOT “Vichey.”

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
You just refuse to contribute to this board. You are relentlessly useless.
Other than being a whiny lying bitch, what do you contribute other than useless posts like that?

Go ahead and respond with more of your typical verbal puke, it's all you've got.

Reactions: NJPSU

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I drive to a nursing home with 100 people in it.

I sit with them, or not, and start filling out the ballot with all Ds.

If no one objects, I ask them to sign it. Or not.

Send in all 100 ballots.
Or tell them to vote D because Rs want to cut off your SS & Medicare. Then give them a treat as an added incentive.

I forget if it's California or Nevada but the ballot harvester is required to sign the envelope with their name and relationship to the voter. But if that is left blank the ballot is processed anyway.

P.S. Ballot harvesters are often paid $x per ballot harvested. They're obviously targeting one party, not all parties.

Reactions: Sullivan

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
Other than being a whiny lying bitch, what do you contribute other than useless posts like that?

Go ahead and respond with more of your typical verbal puke, it's all you've got.
I've told you this many times before - you pick any topic you want to discuss. Bring facts that supports your arguments, but it can't be from a left leaning organization. I'll be more than happy to engage if you come at it with rational, logical arguments and reasoning and it is something that interests me.

But you won't do it. That requires effort. And you won't do it. We all know that. And we all know that because you can't even be original in your lame-ass responses. I live rent-free in your head, dude.

Man up. Start a new thread. Tag me. Or continue being a dickhead.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I understand the concept. But aren't both parties doing this?
Democrats pushed for this by using Covid as justification. I think it was illegal in some cases because they did it without legislative approval.

It worked so well for Ds that they made it a permanent thing. If Rs opposed they were accused of denying people the right to vote. That's a typical D strategy.

Some Rs have adopted a strategy of "If you can't beat them, join them" so they are now trying it themselves. The problem is they were late to the game and they have a lot less to gain.