ADVERTISEMENT

Butch Jones out at TN

Should have happened weeks ago...last night's loss was a new low. Mizzou shouldn't beat anyone like that. Hoping Gruden takes that job

Moorhead should get in the mix for this one

We can't be that lucky and I can't believe Tennessee would hire anyone without a proven track record. Maybe Matt Campbell or PJ Fleck if they want to reach but Moorhead...no. Moorhead, IMO, would be up for a low-level P5 job or AAC/CUSA job

No surprise just informed his staff with no word on the staff including shoop yet
Tennessee averages more than 100,000 per game which is amazing for a team that hasn't won 10 games in the past decade and hasn't won a conference title since 1998.

Jones was actually a big improvement. Tennessee had losing records from 2010-2013. They won 9 games in 2014 & 2015 before crapping the bed this year.

Last edited:
Official - Tennessee fires Jones

Wonder where it will leave Shoop? Poetic justice.

Wonder where it will leave Shoop? Poetic justice.

Brady Hoke to serve as the interim coach.

The below from an ESPN article:

"Currie [Tennessee athletic director John Currie] said in the statement that an "exhaustive search is underway" for the Vols' next coach, who will be Tennessee's fifth head coach in the past 11 years. That's after Tennessee went 32 years with just two head coaches: John Majors and Phillip Fulmer."

and

"Jones' contract runs through March 2021. His buyout is around $8 million because he is owed $2.5 million, times the number of years remaining on his deal. That buyout would be mitigated by whatever salary he earns in a new coaching job. Jones was making $4.11 million per year at Tennessee."

Reactions: PSUTENN1
I don't think he should be calling the kids and telling them to jump ship but I do think every recruit should reopen their recruitment when a coaching change occurs

The only ones I feel bad for are the commits who don’t know who the next coach will be and if he’ll honor their commitments. They need to open their recruitments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT