ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

Actually, leadership has been shown by 3 of our former presidents quite similar to the past hurricane relief efforts (link)

The abdication of leadership rests at the feet of Trump. Even though he got vaccinated, along with Melania and Junior, he refuses to promote the vaccine because it goes against his political self-interest.
Thanks for the update. I missed that at the time and since.

Would it kill anyone to re-air that on TV? Or are Tik-Tok weirdos truly more effective?

Trump not participating in that ad is not good. He did very good heavy lifting to get us the vaccine, but did not do a great job with the logistical roll-out, and could promote it more. He did make at least 2 TV appearances in the spring by himself reiterating that he got the shot and encouraging others to do so. But that's not enough.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Yeah. Too bad that when the happy “you can’t make me” heroes get sick, they will infect others, too. I can’t wait for younger kids to be allowed the vaccine because they are going to unfairly suffer when schools reopen with all the unmasked kids from unvaccinated hero households.
40,000 COVID positive illegal immigrants dumped across US

You people really think is about public health? Comical. And if the vaccine works....how can the unvaccinated infect the vaccinated?

Just to echo your point, I've had to occasionally sort through Adverse Event Reports (in other contexts), and "associated with" is a million miles from "caused by," which is what's being conflated here. That there'd be 12,000 'associations' between Covid vaccines and adverse events is unsurprising and probably even quite low, because some people will have contracted Covid around the same time as getting the vaccine. Adverse Event Reports are also self-reported and not necessarily investigated.
I just generated a VAERs report for death events after covid vaccine and if I generated the report correctly I got a total of 5,859 as of 8/6/21.

I just generated a VAERs report for death events after covid vaccine and if I generated the report correctly I got a total of 5,859 as of 8/6/21.
How many death events occurred during the same period for people that took aspirin? Many more I would guess. Of course that is not being reported. It is a use of data designed to mislead and only mislead.

If vaccines work and you had one…why do you care whether I did. If vaccines dont work, why do I need one? Midterms around the corner…need vaccine hysteria so we can keep all those unconstitutional voting law changes in place. mandate vaccine passports to go to class…no identification needed to vote though. Also, if unvaccinated people are spreading the virus how about we mandate vaccine for all the illegally aliens pouring over the boarder?!! July was the highest number on record…beating out June which was the highest, beating out May which was the highest. See a pattern here?
Could you possibly list the states where you are allowed to vote with no identification? I'll wait

If vaccines work and you had one…why do you care whether I did. If vaccines dont work, why do I need one? Midterms around the corner…need vaccine hysteria so we can keep all those unconstitutional voting law changes in place. mandate vaccine passports to go to class…no identification needed to vote though. Also, if unvaccinated people are spreading the virus how about we mandate vaccine for all the illegally aliens pouring over the boarder?!! July was the highest number on record…beating out June which was the highest, beating out May which was the highest. See a pattern here?
Highest number of WHAT??? You left out that actual part. Oh....it is Highest Number of ARRESTS.....not illegal ACTUAL entry......Highest number Arrested at the border crossing. Higher that June and May and April. Actually the highest number of ARRESTS in 21 years. So.......you believe that the highest number of arrests = successfully pouring over the border. Nonsensical. I do see a pattern here :)

Since it is a documented fact that 95% of those in ICU with Covid-19 are unvaccinated......how soon will insurance companies use that data to raise the rates on those who are unvaccinated?

Could you possibly list the states where you are allowed to vote with no identification? I'll wait
Pennsylvania. I have never been asked for ID since moving to Delaware County 25+ years ago. And it's not like the poll watchers know me from dirt. As long as I can say my name and scribble some chicken scratch (my signature is less legible than a doctor's), then they're good.

That's not uniform across PA -- my family in Central PA must provide their ID despite everybody knowing them (which is good!). But definitely the case here.

The part here about the vaccine is not true. Since you cited Johns Hopkins, then read their data on the vaccine itself.

Pfizer and Moderna were both upwards of 95% effective at preventing the virus in clinical trials when measured against the control group.. That means both are in the 99% effective prevention range.

That is an extraordinary figure. The J&J shot, 70% effective vs. the control group, would also be among the historically most effective vaccines.

The "breakthrough cases, while concerning, have been remarkably overhyped. As of last week, 6,600 breakthru cases out of 167M vaccinated people. (And of course, fewer hospitalizations and deaths.)

Whatever choice you make, I respect it, but please make it based upon real information.
Pfizer's own data now shows it is 42% effective after 6 months. Its half life is 67 days, that is real data. Currently the CDC has travel advisories to Iceland and Israel two of the most heavily vaccinated countries in the world.

The real data also shows that you are more likely to get Covid for the 4 weeks it takes the antibodies to build from the vaccine. The government pushing the vaccine now is a bad idea because it will actually weaken the immune system for 4 weeks of the individual making it more likely they get Covid. Then there is the issue of if you have had Covid, you are more likely to have an adverse reaction to the vaccination.

Bottom line, they were sold as it will keep you from getting and transmitting Covid and that is simply not the case. Fauci is now saying you may require indefinite boosters going forward.

Since it is a documented fact that 95% of those in ICU with Covid-19 are unvaccinated......how soon will insurance companies use that data to raise the rates on those who are unvaccinated?
I suspect we'll find that out later this year, when employees sign up for 2022 corporate benefits.

I expect my employer to do just that. Register your vaccination status with the company, or we'll jack up your insurance rates. We have done this for smoking for years (though, comically, you get those fees waived by merely saying you'll take cessation classes).

Pfizer's own data now shows it is 42% effective after 6 months. Its half life is 67 days, that is real data. Currently the CDC has travel advisories to Iceland and Israel two of the most heavily vaccinated countries in the world.

The real data also shows that you are more likely to get Covid for the 4 weeks it takes the antibodies to build from the vaccine. The government pushing the vaccine now is a bad idea because it will actually weaken the immune system for 4 weeks of the individual making it more likely they get Covid. Then there is the issue of if you have had Covid, you are more likely to have an adverse reaction to the vaccination.

Bottom line, they were sold as it will keep you from getting and transmitting Covid and that is simply not the case. Fauci is now saying you may require indefinite boosters going forward.
Link please.

I would love to see Pfizer's data showing 42% effective after 6 months, when real world data says 6600 breakthru infections out of 167M vaccinated Americans. (Granted, not all of the 167M are Pfizer ... but more than 1/3 are.)

I have seen where Pfizer's CEO said it's down to 84% after 6 months:

Dropping 10 percentage pts in 6 months is NOT a half-life of 67 days. It would be a half-life of approx 28 months. (Even a drop from 94% to 42% in 6 months is not a 67d half-life. It would be a half-life in the 5-mo range. Yet another reason to disbelieve that info.)

And to reiterate: even 84% is other-wordly in terms of historical vaccination effectiveness rates.

Last edited:
Actually, leadership has been shown by 3 of our former presidents quite similar to the past hurricane relief efforts (link)

The abdication of leadership rests at the feet of Trump. Even though he got vaccinated, along with Melania and Junior, he refuses to promote the vaccine because it goes against his political self-interest.
Trump brags that he saved 100 million lives with the vaccine being developed under his watch. I am not quite sure how you can say he is not promoting the vaccine. His political advisors are urging him to distance himself from the vaccine because of the side effects.

The part here about the vaccine is not true. Since you cited Johns Hopkins, then read their data on the vaccine itself.

Pfizer and Moderna were both upwards of 95% effective at preventing the virus in clinical trials when measured against the control group.. That means both are in the 99% effective prevention range.

That is an extraordinary figure. The J&J shot, 70% effective vs. the control group, would also be among the historically most effective vaccines.

The "breakthrough cases, while concerning, have been remarkably overhyped. As of last week, 6,600 breakthru cases out of 167M vaccinated people. (And of course, fewer hospitalizations and deaths.)

Whatever choice you make, I respect it, but please make it based upon real information.
I believe the CDC stopped counting breakthrough cases (In May I think?), and if so 6,600 out of 167m data is not accurate. 74% of the recent Provincetown Ma cluster of cases were breakthrough cases in fully vaxxed people alone… Isreal is tracking breakthrough cases, and is using the Pfizer vaxx, so that’s a good place to look.

Breakthrough cases, to me, are not that important. The real question is, are the vaccines preventing serious illness and death. Very difficult to find the real data, outside of Isreal. The vaccines are clearly helping severe outcomes there, but not to the degree anticipated.

The stat Fauci has been running with, and has been parroted by talking heads everywhere, that “99.1% of hospitalizations in this country are unvaccinated” is a flat out lie. I just want the truth.

Uh. Annualize a potentially highly volatile number? Have you considered the exponential growth if we let COVID get out of hand? The breeding ground for mutations? That hospitals are running out of ICU beds again?

“My chance of dying in a fire is really low, when there is no fire yet. So I’ll just leave these piles of oil-soaked rags here in the sun against my haystack against my house.”

You are supposed to close the barn door before the horses get out.
The case fatality rate is about 0.5%, you are greatly exaggerating the situation. Also, I have news for you, everyone will eventually get Covid if they have not already. Nothing we have done will stop the virus from spreading. The so called vaccine will not stop it from spreading either because it is non-sterilizing. Almost always, viruses mutate to a more contagious less lethal version. That is what we are seeing.

A few other things for you, studies are now showing that the spike protein the vaccine is built around is toxic, who knows what the long term consequences of that are. It will end with another concern with the vaccine for you, three letters which are now a flashing yellow sign 'ADE'. If you want to see the possible fun you could be in for, do some research on the failed Dengue Fever vaccine in the Philippines.

Reactions: GoMarines
I believe the CDC stopped counting breakthrough cases (In May I think?), and if so 6,600 out of 167m data is not accurate. 74% of the recent Provincetown Ma cluster of cases were breakthrough cases in fully vaxxed people alone… Isreal is tracking breakthrough cases, and is using the Pfizer vaxx, so that’s a good place to look.

Breakthrough cases, to me, are not that important. The real question is, are the vaccines preventing serious illness and death. Very difficult to find the real data, outside of Isreal. The vaccines are clearly helping severe outcomes there, but not to the degree anticipated.

The stat Fauci has been running with, and has been parroted by talking heads everywhere, that “99.1% of hospitalizations in this country are unvaccinated” is a flat out lie. I just want the truth.
It really saddens me that the CDC (and therefore all our other institutions) base nation-wide public health measures on P-town Bear Week.

No judgment on those who participated there. But let's recognize that it was not common, everyday activity even among the attendees. It's an outlier by definition.

It really saddens me that the CDC (and therefore all our other institutions) base nation-wide public health measures on P-town Bear Week.

No judgment on those who participated there. But let's recognize that it was not common, everyday activity even among the attendees. It's an outlier by definition.
Lol! Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

seriously, the larger point is we are not tracking breakthrough cases in this country, so saying 6,600 breakthroughs out of 167m vaxxed is inaccurate

Lol! Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

seriously, the larger point is we are not tracking breakthrough cases in this country, so saying 6,600 breakthroughs out of 167m vaxxed is inaccurate
I'm not hung up on that figure. Let's say it's off by a factor of 100. That's still 99.6% effectiveness.

The point about reduced hospitalizations and deaths is what everybody should be focused on. If the vaccine cuts that out by even 70%, that's great news.

The one take-away from P-town should've been that 830+ cases resulted in 7 hospitalizations and 0 deaths. That should be a winning message, if only it were the one used.

Please read up on the primary and secondary immune response.
What you wrote is not an accurate representation of what happens with vaccines and their effect on the immune system. Vaccines do not weaken the immune system; they activate it so that it recognizes specific proteins, such as the spike protein, faster and with higher affinity.

We may need annual booster shots for covid like the flu - time will tell.

I suspect we'll find that out later this year, when employees sign up for 2022 corporate benefits.

I expect my employer to do just that. Register your vaccination status with the company, or we'll jack up your insurance rates. We have done this for smoking for years (though, comically, you get those fees waived by merely saying you'll take cessation classes).
I don’t think you can change the rate! With Obama care it is by age no underlying conditions. Hell you can be 600lb smoker or a marathon runner and You pay the same if you age Is the same

I don’t think you can change the rate! With Obama care it is by age no underlying conditions. Hell you can be 600lb smoker or a marathon runner and You pay the same if you age Is the same
Below is the exact wording from my employer (with company name redacted). Translated: smokers get an extra $50/month withheld from paychecks. And those who skip the "health assessment" get $20/month withheld. Both figures are additional to standard insurance premium salary withholds.

I would be shocked if Covid vaccination is not part of the September health assessment.

==============

Your total monthly additional contribution for medical coverage in 2022 is calculated by adding together the additional monthly contributions for which you and your spouse/domestic partner, if he or she is on a (company) medical plan, are eligible. Potential contributions, if you are eligible for them, include:
  • $50 for the tobacco-use verification (Tobacco users can qualify for a reduced contribution if they take alternative action. Click on the Your Benefits Resources link above for more details).
  • $20 for the health assessment (Users can qualify for a reduced contribution if they complete the health assessment. The health assessment will be available after September 14. At that time, please click “Wellness Checkpoint” above to get started).
The maximum amount of your total monthly additional contribution for you alone is $70. If your spouse/domestic partner is on a (company) medical plan, then the maximum amount is $140.

ohh CDC... there's no such thing as chronic lyme... oh.. the Gov... not political.... research the lyme vaccine that is now only good for your dog.

Terrific NYT article with real data coming out of Isreal. We are hiding, manipulating, and simply not properly tracking vaccine results in the US.

Key takeaway:
“Analyzing the government’s (Israel) national health statistics, researchers estimated that the Pfizer shot was just 39 percent effective against preventing infection in the country in late June and early July, compared with 95 percent from January to early April. In both time periods, however, the shot was more than 90 percent effective in preventing severe disease.”

E-J,
This is impossible without the repeal of ACA. There is no underwriting of rates anymore. With the Affordable Care Act, the only discriminating factors in your rates are age, gender, and tobacco use. Pre-existing conditions and claim history are irrelevant anymore. There isn't even family coverage. Every covered member has their own individual rate. The family coverage is just the total sum.
I've been going through the annual rate hike drill every year for the last 33 years. The only way to manage it is to increase deductibles, and we as the employer cover the deductible.

Neither Pfizer nor the CDC requires their employees to get the Covid vaccine. Think about that.

Disclaimer: I have had Covid treated with monoclonal antibodies and I got both Pfizer vaccines.

E-J,
This is impossible without the repeal of ACA. There is no underwriting of rates anymore. With the Affordable Care Act, the only discriminating factors in your rates are age, gender, and tobacco use. Pre-existing conditions and claim history are irrelevant anymore. There isn't even family coverage. Every covered member has their own individual rate. The family coverage is just the total sum.
I've been going through the annual rate hike drill every year for the last 33 years. The only way to manage it is to increase deductibles, and we as the employer cover the deductible.
I hope you're right.

I'm also wary of this being backdoored in. Executive Order, company adds its own fee instead, whatever. The company already adds a fee for simply not doing the annual health survey, so I'm skeptical that it can't find a way.

Doesn't affect me, we all got our shots. But it does go to employee relations, and since I'm The Company to the shop guys, yee-haw.

Pennsylvania. I have never been asked for ID since moving to Delaware County 25+ years ago. And it's not like the poll watchers know me from dirt. As long as I can say my name and scribble some chicken scratch (my signature is less legible than a doctor's), then they're good.

That's not uniform across PA -- my family in Central PA must provide their ID despite everybody knowing them (which is good!). But definitely the case here.
Also from Pa. Lived there full time for 57 years. Now 50-50. I needed ID for every vote. I also had to sign my name. They always compared my signature to the one they had on file beside my name. You had to show ID to register to vote initially. So I gather....as long as your chicken scratching is consistent.......you will most likely pass. If someone is impersonating you.....how would they know to chicken scratch? Where I lived was small and many people knew me. Many didn't but they always compared my signature to the one on file. Many times it is the one on your driver's license. More modernized areas use the same signature matching program that the IRS uses ......if the program shows no red flags.....you are good. Two years ago my son got a letter from the IRS to call them and verify he was the one that sent in his Tax return. When he called....they informed him that his signature didn't match well enough so they actually had him call and confirm it was his signature. There were numerous signatures in Philly during the election with mail-in ballots that they had to confirm.....sometimes by having the them come in person. Next election sign your name in clear cursive with a backwards slant and see what happens. Beers are on me....I am very curious :)

Last edited:

Terrific NYT article with real data coming out of Isreal. We are hiding, manipulating, and simply not properly tracking vaccine results in the US.

Key takeaway:
“Analyzing the government’s (Israel) national health statistics, researchers estimated that the Pfizer shot was just 39 percent effective against preventing infection in the country in late June and early July, compared with 95 percent from January to early April. In both time periods, however, the shot was more than 90 percent effective in preventing severe disease.”
Do you know how they develop that database? They continually test everyone. So people are getting tested that have no symptoms. So what if you have the virus in you, but have no symptoms? Are you saying it is preferable to have no vaccine and have the ventilator in you? Just curious.

I’m struggling to think of a time I had to show ID to vote. Been voting 30 years now… I really don’t think I ever needed to.
I replied to ElJefe.....basically at some point you had to show ID to register to vote. If you pass the signature match...you are probably good to go.

Also from Pa. Lived there full time for 57 years. Now 50-50. I needed ID for every vote. I also had to sign my name. They always compared my signature to the one they had on file beside my name. So I gather....as long as your chicken scratching is consistent.......you will most likely pass. If someone is impersonating you.....how would they know to chicken scratch? Where I lived was small and many people knew me. Many didn't but they always compared my signature to the one on file. Many times it is the one on your driver's license. More modernized areas use the same signature matching program that the IRS uses ......if the program shows no red flags.....you are good. Two years ago my son got a letter from the IRS to call them and verify he was the one that sent in his Tax return. When he called....they informed him that his signature didn't match well enough so they actually had him call and confirm it was his signature. There were numerous signatures in Philly during the election with mail-in ballots that they had to confirm.....sometimes by having the them come in person. Next election sign your name in clear cursive with a backwards slant and see what happens. Beers are on me....I am very curious :)
How would anyone else know my signature? Well, since the official copy is right next to the blank to sign, shouldn't be too tough ... though sometimes it's upside down.

Nobody here has ever asked for ID or inspected my signature. Most years the poll watchers were so old that they had to squint to read my typed name in the book. No way they actually verified anything.

The irony is that my hometown does require photo ID, even though everybody knows everybody else. Or as my late brother-in-law told it: "Hi Dave, good to see you, can you show me your license?"

Reactions: Sportfan2017
How would anyone else know my signature? Well, since the official copy is right next to the blank to sign, shouldn't be too tough ... though sometimes it's upside down.

Nobody here has ever asked for ID or inspected my signature. Most years the poll watchers were so old that they had to squint to read my typed name in the book. No way they actually verified anything.

The irony is that my hometown does require photo ID, even though everybody knows everybody else. Or as my late brother-in-law told it: "Hi Dave, good to see you, can you show me your license?"
Well...there are a few explanations. One.....you have very trusting eyes :). Two.........You have very trusting eyes......and they are too lazy to dig deeper because they know that voter fraud is about .001% or less. Three.......the signature you put on the application to get a ballot goes through a database...like PennDot or more likely the IRS and is verified and there is no need to call/contact you for further verification. Personally....I think it's the eyes :)

Well...there are a few explanations. One.....you have very trusting eyes :). Two.........You have very trusting eyes......and they are too lazy to dig deeper because they know that voter fraud is about .001% or less. Three.......the signature you put on the application to get a ballot goes through a database...like PennDot or more likely the IRS and is verified and there is no need to call/contact you for further verification. Personally....I think it's the eyes :)
Running it thru a database might explain 2020 but not the bulk of the previous 25 years of voting here.

I'm gonna go with complacency. But yeah, you're probably right, the likelihood of that happening here is very, very low.

Do you know how they develop that database? They continually test everyone. So people are getting tested that have no symptoms. So what if you have the virus in you, but have no symptoms? Are you saying it is preferable to have no vaccine and have the ventilator in you? Just curious.
What a dumb question. Maybe you missed the key takeaway I quoted which stated the vaccine is 90% successful preventing serious illness.

In a country our size, we don’t have to test everyone, just a sufficient sample size.

Given growing evidence vaccinated people can be infected, and spread, the virus, you don’t think it’s important for someone with no symptoms to know if they’re positive for covid? Maybe they wouldn’t visit grandma’s that weekend or go to work… We need better data.

What a dumb question. Maybe you missed the key takeaway I quoted which stated the vaccine is 90% successful preventing serious illness.

In a country our size, we don’t have to test everyone, just a sufficient sample size.

Given growing evidence vaccinated people can be infected, and spread, the virus, you don’t think it’s important for someone with no symptoms to know if they’re positive for covid? Maybe they wouldn’t visit grandma’s that weekend or go to work… We need better data.
Sorry. I guess I missed your point. I was too focused on the article and not your post. Mea culpa!

Reactions: Pocky
I replied to ElJefe.....basically at some point you had to show ID to register to vote. If you pass the signature match...you are probably good to go.
Been too long, don't remember registering so probably did. What I do know isfor at least the past 10 years in Somerset county, when I go in to vote one of the 70 to 90 year old ladies asks me name, tells me to sign next to my name in the sheet they have and they grab me my card to go vote at the machine. Never ask me for my I.D. I just asked a couple people I know that vote in cambria county. They too tell me that they never show ID at their precinct either. I'll say this too, my signature is no where near the same as it was back when I was 18. It's a wonder they ever take my vote if they are suppose to be signature matching.

What I do know isfor at least the past 10 years in Somerset county, when I go in to vote one of the 70 to 90 year old ladies asks me name, tells me to sign next to my name in the sheet they have and they grab me my card to go vote at the machine. Never ask me for my I.D. ... I'll say this too, my signature is no where near the same as it was back when I was 18. It's a wonder they ever take my vote if they are suppose to be signature matching.
Wait until Granny Strittmatter discovers your posting on HR.

Wait until Granny Strittmatter discovers your posting on HR.

Lol..Now that I think about it though, I'm not sure if it was Jody's mom or grandmother but one of them worked for the county in Ebensburg. Same office my girlfriend works in now.

I went to my girlfriends daughters graduation this spring at Central Cambria and both Max Murins mom and Jody's brother gave speeches. You guys have no idea how badly I wanted to heckle her....lol. I kid I kid...

Last edited:
Reactions: Creek Side
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT