ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Point of No Return

Oh I'm sorry, now that I know your kids are being impacted, screw everyone else.

giphy.gif
Yeah, that’s what I meant you dumb ass. I was using them as an example...there are thousands and thousands of people just like them, but as long as you can minimize it to just me, then you’re right.

Reactions: harjeff
No he doesn't know what he wrote. It's his world and the rest of us are blessed to have his opinions and have him living in it. I had enough, that idiot doesn't even have solid takes on anything...on to ingore. I mean how GD warped must someone to be so that this is an inconvenience to his kids. Yeah none of us know anybody who has been impacted. Most of us know the country knows we need to get back out there, but how about we see the back side of the curve first. That PC was just an attempt to shoot up the market. If people want to listen to him over the CDC or other Doctors....go right ahead.

Apparently Fauci had another meeting with the task force, but anyone that listened to that and thought he is putting the American people first....well, they are idiots. He keeps talking about how much we learned, but we haven't even peaked and he's basically saying it's over. Yikes.....I'm so thankful I work from home. Basically we are going to need our local and state elected officials to drive this bus,,,,,he's lost it.

Ok, thanks I hadn't heard that about Fauci. I've been pretty pleased with the Gov. of MD and think he's been pretty proactive and in front of a lot of this.

No he doesn't know what he wrote. It's his world and the rest of us are blessed to have his opinions and have him living in it. I had enough, that idiot doesn't even have solid takes on anything...on to ingore.
**** off dumb ass.

No he doesn't know what he wrote. It's his world and the rest of us are blessed to have his opinions and have him living in it. I had enough, that idiot doesn't even have solid takes on anything...on to ingore. I mean how GD warped must someone to be so that this is an inconvenience to his kids. Yeah none of us know anybody who has been impacted. Most of us know the country knows we need to get back out there, but how about we see the back side of the curve first. That PC was just an attempt to shoot up the market. If people want to listen to him over the CDC or other Doctors....go right ahead.
This is not just about my kids, I used them as an example....but you’re probably not smart enough to see that, so I’ll give you a break.

Ok, thanks I hadn't heard that about Fauci. I've been pretty pleased with the Gov. of MD and think he's been pretty proactive and in front of a lot of this.
Yeah the local and state governments will have to keep things closed down and I imagine they will until they see the curve coming back down. How in the hell are you going to open the country for business when NYC is the way it is right now? I get there is a balancing act, but this is doctors versus his $$$ people.

Reactions: ralphster
Yeah, that at some point we have to balance our future with saving mostly elderly people.[/QUOTE]

Well I do sympathize with people losing their jobs but if it prevents death and FYI its not just elderly and sick. I'd be willing to be bet a lot of us have some type of "underlying" condition so be very careful painting with that broad brush. That being said there are a lot of places hiring right now.

Yeah the local and state governments will have to keep things closed down and I imagine they will until they see the curve coming back down. How in the hell are you going to open the country for business when NYC is the way it is right now? I get there is a balancing act, but this is doctors versus his $$$ people.

I actually thought that maybe our Gov. should have gone ahead and issued the Shelter in Place order. Too many people are ignoring it or think its for someone else. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that at some point we have to balance our future with saving mostly elderly people.

Well I do sympathize with people losing their jobs but if it prevents death and FYI its not just elderly and sick. I'd be willing to be bet a lot of us have some type of "underlying" condition so be very careful painting with that broad brush. That being said there are a lot of places hiring right now.[/QUOTE]
At this point the majority of people dying are elderly and sick, that’s all we have to go by. There will always be some “healthy” people that die, but you have to go with the majority.

I actually thought that maybe our Gov. should have gone ahead and issued the Shelter in Place order. Too many people are ignoring it or think its for someone else. :rolleyes:
Problem is people will still ignore it.

Thats ALWAYS going to happen. But just because some people ignore it doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. If that were the case we wouldn't have any laws.
Agreed, but it will still only be partially effective.

Oh I'm sorry, now that I know your kids are being impacted, screw everyone else.

giphy.gif
C'mon man....I could say the same thing about you. You can work from home, screw everybody else.

Do you care that unemployment could be 30% and GDP could take a 50% hit? It's not about "portfolios". What's the unemployment rate right now for restaurant waitstaff? 50%? Hotel staff...airport and airlines....car dealers...I can't even contemplate it all. I don't think it's all going to just start right back up at the flip of a switch. There will be too many people out of work. They won't be paying their car payments and credit card bills, so the banks will start to struggle. Domino effect.

Maybe we can strike a balance between protecting those vulnerable to the virus and allowing people to earn a living. Social distancing, eliminating large gatherings, etc.

giphy.gif
How about this...I won’t use my kids. My daughter’s two best friends both got laid off and one of them has two children. My son’s college roommate just got laid off as well. Does that make it okay since I didn’t use my kids as an example? How about my employee’s daughter who has a baby and just got laid off? Does she count? Wait, I know, just a minor inconvenience.

C'mon man....I could say the same thing about you. You can work from home, screw everybody else.

Do you care that unemployment could be 30% and GDP could take a 50% hit? It's not about "portfolios". What's the unemployment rate right now for restaurant waitstaff? 50%? Hotel staff...airport and airlines....car dealers...I can't even contemplate it all. I don't think it's all going to just start right back up at the flip of a switch. There will be too many people out of work. They won't be paying their car payments and credit card bills, so the banks will start to struggle. Domino effect.

Maybe we can strike a balance between protecting those vulnerable to the virus and allowing people to earn a living. Social distancing, eliminating large gatherings, etc.
Yeah, I can work from home but I don’t because I manage the branch and I don’t think it would be a good look for me to work from home while the other employees have to go into the office. That would be basically me saying screw you, I’m the only one that matters .

So you think NYC should simply turn back on next week? Of course not and how are you going to "open the country" when the numbers are heading north. Take a look at the John Hopkins graph for the US tonight and you tell me again how tonight was the night to say....we'll open up no matter what. There has to be a balance and nobody has said otherwise. Maybe you didn't watch that sh!t show that just occurred, but just grab their little folder if you did and head back out there with AWS's kids if you bought that line of BS. I'm all for balance, but not utter stupidity.

Reactions: RobBliz

I think thats what many of us have been saying. But this state by state piecemeal of closing things down is only extending the bleeding.

Reactions: PSU87
So you think NYC should simply turn back on next week? Of course not and how are you going to "open the country" when the numbers are heading north. Take a look at the John Hopkins graph for the US tonight and you tell me again how tonight was the night to say....we'll open up no matter what. There has to be a balance and nobody has said otherwise. Maybe you didn't watch that sh!t show that just occurred, but just grab their little folder if you did and head back out there with AWS's kids if you bought that line of BS. I'm all for balance, but not utter stupidity.
I didn't watch the "shitshow".

There are people way smarter than me saying the same things though....there's something between completely open and completely shut.

I think we need to find that balance before the economy tanks completely.

There are people way smarter than me saying the same things though....there's something between completely open and completely shut.

And the problem is no matter what we do there are going to be dumbasses that ignore it and do their own thing. I’m all for shutting things down completely for a shorter period of time, but many people would ignore it so it’s not really a feasible answer.

And I know he has me on ignore, but I would be interested to know if he considered it a “shitshow” because what they said they’re going to do doesn’t match up to what he thinks they should do. You know, with all his expertise in pandemics and such.

Instead of the almighty dollar, how about the small dollar or the middle sized dollar? It’s not about getting rich, it’s about being able to pay bills. People without employment for a while can’t pay their bills and that’s not an “inconvenience”, that’s the economy crashing and burning. And most of those who lose their jobs, won’t get them back...then what? Who’s going to support them? My daughter is 27 and is likely going to lose her job....my son is 24 and already lost his...that’s more than an inconvenience. Then when they try to get employment they will be up against hundreds of others also looking for jobs...then what? But don’t worry, as long as we save the elderly and sick people, everything will be okay.
Hey man, sorry to hear that. Everyone is struggling. Everyone has a need. Everyone has a view. Try to be a little patient. We are in uncharted waters. Our enemy is the virus. Hi do Dumebi volunteer work, give blood, deliver meals to shut ins. You’ll feel good about yourself and help people out.

Reactions: ralphster

I didn't think you did watch that sh!t show and it was one. We all want to get back to normal but the numbers are heading north...straight north right now....not the best night to say....f--k it...we'll open up no matter what. Then he basically side stepped the questions about the medical people agreeing with him as we know they don't. Open things up when the curve is on the back side....it's common sense. This was more like we'll open this Mfer no matter what. If you do that and it comes back again....what did you accomplish? People aren't going to run out to eat day 1 if they are unsure. NYC is 1 week from being short of medical equipment and people will start dropping there. Most of us know this sucks, but come on... a little sanity.

How about this...I won’t use my kids. My daughter’s two best friends both got laid off and one of them has two children. My son’s college roommate just got laid off as well. Does that make it okay since I didn’t use my kids as an example? How about my employee’s daughter who has a baby and just got laid off? Does she count? Wait, I know, just a minor inconvenience.

Like I said there are places that are hiring. The company I work for is hiring right now. Wegman's, Weiss and Shop Rite, Walmart and Target are all hiring in my area and are paying a 2 dollar an hour extra "hazard pay" for lack of a better description.
Sorry that some sacrifices have to be made I'm just not willing to sacrifice peoples lives.

Like I said there are places that are hiring. The company I work for is hiring right now. Wegman's, Weiss and Shop Rite, Walmart and Target are all hiring in my area and are paying a 2 dollar an hour extra "hazard pay" for lack of a better description.
Sorry that some sacrifices have to be made I'm just not willing to sacrifice peoples lives.
Agree, those placing are hiring right now. My son, who just got let go from Outback, starts tomorrow at Publix. Right now, most people still have money. Six weeks from now, if unemployment spikes, people aren't going to be buying things like they are right now and most of that hiring is going to be undone.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and BBrown
Hey man, sorry to hear that. Everyone is struggling. Everyone has a need. Everyone has a view. Try to be a little patient. We are in uncharted waters. Our enemy is the virus. Hi do Dumebi volunteer work, give blood, deliver meals to shut ins. You’ll feel good about yourself and help people out.
I’m patient, I have gainful employment and will without a doubt. It’s not me I’m worried about...it’s the younger people and the middle class folks. If this lasts, the middle class will be gone....I’ll be fine because I’m not in the middle class...it would actually benefit me. But the middle class and the lower class will be devastated. I’m closer to death than I am to birth, so I don’t worry about me...I worry about the future and I don’t think it’s worth gambling our future.

Reactions: Secret Asian Man
But those same "everyones" already tell us the healthcare system is overwhelmed.
It seemingly is in some major cities like NYC, but not everywhere.
I heard talk this week that anesthesia machines can be easily reengineered for use as ventilators. Possibility since elective surgery is essentially stopped in the states most effected.

I didn't think you did watch that sh!t show and it was one. We all want to get back to normal but the numbers are heading north...straight north right now....not the best night to say....f--k it...we'll open up no matter what. Then he basically side stepped the questions about the medical people agreeing with him as we know they don't. Open things up when the curve is on the back side....it's common sense. This was more like we'll open this Mfer no matter what. If you do that and it comes back again....what did you accomplish? People aren't going to run out to eat day 1 if they are unsure. NYC is 1 week from being short of medical equipment and people will start dropping there. Most of us know this sucks, but come on... a little sanity.
I voted for the man, but can freely admit he's a bombastic ahole most of the time. I went back and watched some snippets of it online. I see what you're saying.... I wish he would just shut up sometimes. He can't help himself.

Day 8 of the 15 day plan. That math modeling expert that someone linked earlier said peak cases in the US on March 28. Let's see where we are in 7 days.

Depends on what lives are being sacrificed. Would you sacrifice your life to secure your kids’ future? I would without hesitation. And those places are hiring for now...are they long term careers or stop gap positions while there is a need? I’m sure certain places were hiring early on in the depression as well, but that didn’t last.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and PSU87
Agree, those placing are hiring right now. My son, who just got let go from Outback, starts tomorrow at Publix. Right now, most people still have money. Six weeks from now, if unemployment spikes, people aren't going to be buying things like they are right now and most of that hiring is going to be undone.

Yea its a very delicate line we are balancing on. But talk of easing restrictions, which is what he did a little while ago, is complete lunacy.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Depends on what lives are being sacrificed. Would you sacrifice your life to secure your kids’ future? I would without hesitation. And those places are hiring for now...are they long term careers or stop gap positions while there is a need? I’m sure certain places were hiring early on in the depression as well, but that didn’t last.

Ok your'e right nothing will work, lets not even try. let it burn.:rolleyes:

I voted for the man, but can freely admit he's a bombastic ahole most of the time. I went back and watched some snippets of it online. I see what you're saying.... I wish he would just shut up sometimes. He can't help himself.

Day 8 of the 15 day plan. That math modeling expert that someone linked earlier said peak cases in the US on March 28. Let's see where we are in 7 days.

Exactly....say we'll re-evaluate each week and work to re-open when we see the numbers decline. He is his own worst enemy at times.

Reactions: PSU87
Ok your'e right nothing will work, lets not even try. let it burn.:rolleyes:
I’m not saying that, but I would say our President has much smarter people working on this than there are on this board, so I would have more faith in his opinion than the experts on here.

You have faith that he would actually listen to his so called experts 100%. That usually depends on his mood at that moment (not even day)or what his buddies on his favorite network has to say right then and you know that is true. He is a tremendous marketer of his own brand absolutely no doubt but being someone who can lead or inspire or show true compassion for the people he is leading. Come on! He is without a doubt about himself first and foremost.

You have faith that he would actually listen to his so called experts 100%. That usually depends on his mood at that moment (not even day)or what his buddies on his favorite network has to say right then and you know that is true. He is a tremendous marketer of his own brand absolutely no doubt but being someone who can lead or inspire or show true compassion for the people he is leading. Come on! He is without a doubt about himself first and foremost.
Listen....if they don't obey, they get fired most of the time.

Your last two sentences hit it right on the head. I’ve listen to multiple governors who are head and shoulders above him in understanding what’s happening and taking and decisive action and in communication with their audience. He is just incompetent in so many ways. A wartime president, my ass! He benched the one doctor people had confidence in because that physician contradicted him, an challenged his omnipotence.

Your last two sentences hit it right on the head. I’ve listen to multiple governors who are head and shoulders above him in understanding what’s happening and taking and decisive action and in communication with their audience. He is just incompetent in so many ways. A wartime president, my ass! He benched the one doctor people had confidence in because that physician contradicted him, an challenged his omnipotence.
Did you see the LT. Governor Patrick's comments on how he's ready to risk his life to open the country back up to save the economy? We all get that the economy is important, but his comments were over the top. If you open everything up and bring the health care system down to its knees, you will still crush the economy. I get that it's a no win situation, but his comments were just crazy.

Reactions: BBrown and BudatPSU
I’m not saying that, but I would say our President has much smarter people working on this than there are on this board, so I would have more faith in his opinion than the experts on here.
Apparently Fauci had another meeting with the task force, but anyone that listened to that and thought he is putting the American people first....well, they are idiots. He keeps talking about how much we learned, but we haven't even peaked and he's basically saying it's over. Yikes.....I'm so thankful I work from home. Basically we are going to need our local and state elected officials to drive this bus,,,,,he's lost it.

JMHO but Cuomo seems to get this...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuomo-blasts-feds-mother-not-155342448.html

Reactions: BudatPSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT