ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor to Oklahoma State & related news

I’m happy for Little Rock’s program talent wise. Being able to add a talented kid like Williams to a room that has 2 returning AA’s is awesome. I just hope Williams makes the necessary life changes to make the most of this situation
I know that Little Rock isn’t ready to give Penn State a tough match but I wish we would schedule them to give them a boost. I’m sure their coach would welcome it.

Come wrestle at OSU, where the head coach has higher priorities than you!
It's starting to look like a shitshow at this point. "I'm retiring from competition and focusing on coaching the program". "No. Wait. I'm not retiring from competion."

I don't think it's really practical to do both, as Cael found out in his brief international comeback.

I think it is probably simple, he and Gilman reignited their spark to compete coaching and I am sure them continuing to compete is exciting for the athletes and recruits

Reactions: diggerpup
It's starting to look like a shitshow at this point. "I'm retiring from competition and focusing on coaching the program". "No. Wait. I'm not retiring from competion."

I don't think it's really practical to do both, as Cael found out in his brief international comeback.
No idea what the triggering or driving mechanism is for DT's return, but Cael was simply keeping his word. That first championship team kept after him during the season about if they won the championship he had to try and wrestle worlds.

I definitely wouldn't call it a shitshow yet, but I think it does lend a wee bit of credence to AB's own thoughts that he hoped DT didn't regret his decision making in the heat of the moment. I'm sure the loss at OTT stung a lot for both guys, and you can easily see that pain informing decision making for a while. Not that OSU's huge offers gave them much choice I suppose. We'll see--I kinda doubt this is a sign of a long term commitment to compete, but maybe they see it as a way to build trust w/ the team, etc. Who knows. I'll be rooting for DT for sure if he takes the mat again.

Blaze would be a big surprise based on all the other stuff. But yeah you can't go wrong.
I said it a few times but the kid is quiet, until he committed, who knows. None of the stuff came from the horses mouth.

I was getting excited since credible posters (and Pyles put it out there also) that PSU clearly led but it wasn't over until it's over.

So it’s a shit show for elite athletes who are now coaches to show the team how they prepare for competition ? Not just tell & explain how to do it but walk the walk?
That's actually a very good point. Plus some guys around DT's weight will get the advantage of him ratcheting up the training intensity.

An insider over on Lions247 just posted that DT got one. Anyone have insight on who?
Literally the entire post was:
"DT got one"

And it was a standalone post, not a reply to some topic.

This is completely meaningless.

Literally the entire post was:
"DT got one"

And it was a standalone post, not a reply to some topic.

This is completely meaningless.
I’m not a PSU expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night and it wasn’t a stand alone.. he replied something close to… he didn’t want steal the moment from the kid but we’d probably hear something once we got through the weekend.

I’m not a PSU expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night and it wasn’t a stand alone.. he replied something close to… he didn’t want steal the moment from the kid but we’d probably hear something once we got through the weekend.
But it wasn't tied to U20s or any other topic.

So thinking it's a U20 team member is pure extrapolation. It could be literally anyone.

Reactions: AtownPoke
alb wouldn't make that post about some walk on type kid to David. he knows his stuff for both football and wrestling. not sure why this wrestling culture never believes there are insiders. people still dont believe Nick S is transfering out PSU. it is more probable it is a big name we were after.

alb wouldn't make that post about some walk on type kid to David. he knows his stuff for both football and wrestling. not sure why this wrestling culture never believes there are insiders. people still dont believe Nick S is transfering out PSU. it is more probable it is a big name we were after.
Who said he didn't have good info on this, or it isn't a big name?

From what he said, convince me it isn't Munaretto or Ross, or any other top recruit. (Except the Raneys because they're two, not one.)

Who said he didn't have good info on this, or it isn't a big name?

From what he said, convince me it isn't Munaretto or Ross, or any other top recruit. (Except the Raneys because they're two, not one.)
Because alb409's track record is posting information of interest to PSU. PSU fans have not been regularly talking about the Raneys, Munaretto or Ross coming to PSU.

He is clearly telling PSU fans a big name we're expecting here and thus have mentioned a ton on the boards is going to Oklahoma State and to brace yourselves (so we won't be surprised) At this point, it's obviously not Bo Bassett. Unless he flipped PJ Duke (worst case scenario since Blaze/Forrest aren't ours yet no matter what the "we lead" rumors are), it's almost certainly Blaze or Forrest.

I have zero info but Jax makes way more sense to me than Blaze. Jax has been tied to OSU for a long time. Blaze being at U20’s makes it seem like a really strange time for anything to come out. He could’ve decided and it leaked out at camp but from everything I’ve heard about him it seems like his focus would be entirely on his upcoming competition with his recruitment taking a backseat. I guess we will see but I’ve thought for awhile that Jax goes to OSU and Blaze comes to PSU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT