ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear that PSU may have someone transferring to RU?

Cortez will be a starter for a team winning National Championships along with top tier wrestling partners in the room. If Cenzo were to sacrifice a year, what does he gain at Rutgers? Cenzo is good enough to start at any program including PSU without sacrificing a year.

well, isn't that how cortez came to PSU, Maybe Cael was a little hard on him after not making weight at 2 major tourneys?? His feelings were hurt?? LOL I hope not, I am high on VJ but if he can't make 157 and Nolf is growing like his father maybe nolf needs 165 next year anyway..Don't Leave Beitz..lol

Think this guy RUCreedo may be full of crap. He says that Cael will be surprised by the transfer. Wouldn't PSU have to give their release to the wrestler if he was on scholarship before RU could even talk with him? If RU was communicating with the wrestler before his having received his release isn't that an NCAA violation?

Last edited:
Think this guy RUCreedo may be full of crap. He says that Cael will be surprised by the transfer. Wouldn't PSU have to give their release to the wrestler if he was on scholarship before RU could even talk with him? If RU was communicating with the wrestler before his having received his release isn't that an NCAA violation?
Mr. Hankey thinks RUCreedo is full of crap.

"Apparently,he's waiting till NCAA's are over and is gonna drop the bomb on ole Cael and crew"

I guess whoever it is wants to get a pic with the Championship Trophy. If he's transferring to Rutgers, it's his last opportunity for that.:rolleyes:

No, it's because he's a PSU "starter", eeerrrrrr......oh yea, now he's not a starter, just a really good RS on scholie........never mind......

Reactions: kjb32812
You know the old Sicilian saying? A secret between two people can only be kept if one of them is dead.

Off topic: The better version of the above sentiment--more logical and suspenseful and with a twist at the end--, allegedly from Benjamin Franklin, is: "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." (BTW, if there were only two people from the beginning, then I think those two *can* keep a secret because if either reveals it, the other would know who revealed it. That's why the quote starts with three.)

Guys, this isn't happening. Sad that we've gotten so many posts of speculation. Guy has about as much credibility as me saying Kemerer was mad he didn't go for Iowa this year and is transferring out. It's BS and silly

RU poster is claiming the wrestler in question is going to "wait till after nationals and then drop the bomb on Cael". Sounds slimy. I hope the staff has been informed of these posts, real or not.

IMO, this thread shows that PSU is not only good itself, but that its success is helping generate interest in the sport @ Rutgers, and my sense would be that will help Rutgers get better--and I am glad about that. More strong competitors the better IMO.

Reactions: locopsu
Guys, this isn't happening. Sad that we've gotten so many posts of speculation. Guy has about as much credibility as me saying Kemerer was mad he didn't go for Iowa this year and is transferring out. It's BS and silly

You're such a meanie.....all's Buttgers has is bull$hit and silly......and you want to take both of them away. You're a heartless bast@rd Mr. CSauertiegPSU.

I actually see some sense in Joseph transferring. More so than Manville, he is going to have a hard to breaking the lineup in a year or two.

Nolf to 65 may not come next year, but is probably in the cards. Hall coming in most likely starting at 74. If Vincenzo is really having trouble with 57, then if I were him I would transfer also.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is in-conference. Pitt would be a likely landing spot, but stability may be an issue currently. WVU? Virginia? Lehigh has Preisch at 65. Oklahoma State to take over for Dieringer, lol...

I wouldn't mock the rumors. Things like this are going to happen if we keep recruiting well and churning out studs. Joseph hit a few bumps in the road this year as well - I would imagine there is not a lot of leeway up there if you are not all in - as it should be.

I hope he stays and it works out, but if he transfers - best to happen now for his wrestling career.

I've never heard Buttgers before. That's actually really funny in a really juvenile way. It's interesting to hear about the other east coast schools ya'll dislike. I honestly only have disdain for Iowa and now Lehigh (post 2016 dual vs. PSU). But I also don't really follow sports other than wrestling. Minnesota is pretty lousy at most other sports, and I can't get into hockey. Went to a football game once, and wasn't nearly drunk enough to be entertained by Leidner & Co.

I think he is referring to Cenzo also because of a RS. He says "Apparently,he's waiting till NCAA's are over and is gonna drop the bomb on ole Cael and crew.Caels gonna be pissed.Alot of time and effort went into this one,and he's on scholarship."

Why Cenzo would go to Rutgers is beyond me.
They have a really top notch ceramic engineering program.

C
I actually see some sense in Joseph transferring. More so than Manville, he is going to have a hard to breaking the lineup in a year or two.

Nolf to 65 may not come next year, but is probably in the cards. Hall coming in most likely starting at 74. If Vincenzo is really having trouble with 57, then if I were him I would transfer also.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is in-conference. Pitt would be a likely landing spot, but stability may be an issue currently. WVU? Virginia? Lehigh has Preisch at 65. Oklahoma State to take over for Dieringer, lol...

I wouldn't mock the rumors. Things like this are going to happen if we keep recruiting well and churning out studs. Joseph hit a few bumps in the road this year as well - I would imagine there is not a lot of leeway up there if you are not all in - as it should be.

I hope he stays and it works out, but if he transfers - best to happen now for his wrestling career.

Hoping it's not Joseph. Maybe Nolf stays at 57 for next year, but perhaps the plan is for him to move to 65 in 17-18. That leaves Vjo with one year at 65. Most articles I've read mention when he committed to PSU, he was projected to come into PSU at 149. See this link.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/penn_state_wrestling_team_rece.html

Perhaps Cael's plan envisioned him at 157. After the Scuffle, when he missed weight, he may have realized he'd have a hard time staying at 57 and maybe there wasn't a spot for him long term at 65 either. Hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

Would Cassar still have to sit and lose a year of eligibility as an in conference transfer?
I e-mailed Cael 2 weeks ago and he told me Cassar would be wrestling 197 next year...Unless something changed over the last 10 days i think he stays.

In all seriousness I think someone was getting their hair cut with a shave while they were in Clarion and someone mentioned Wade Schalles was thinking of catching a match at Rutgers with Andy Matter next year and it just grew from there.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Now, if you WANT TO, you can PROJECT Cassar as a starter next year at 197, provided McCutcheon does not move up, or that Cael does not bring in a transfer, or that Cassar will beat Phipps in the room. You cannot PROJECT anyone else as a starter, ANYWHERE, and that INCLUDES Rasheed, who is moving up in weight next year, but it has not been disclosed WHICH weight, as it is clear that it could not be 174 with any STARTING chance. You would need to actually predict that Rasheed could: A: Move up to 184 for next year and B: Beat McCutcheon, who is 7th in the nation, at 184.

Quite a stretch.
Rasheed can move up to 184 and yes he can beat clutch...Clutch has leveled off guys....You have to go to some practices ! This would make our line up stronger....

Don't think Matt is leaving. Remembered this article from earlier,

http://triblive.com/mobile/9826959-96/mccutcheon-state-penn

With this quote

Taking a step back and realizing he is living a Pennsylvania wrestler's dream is something McCutcheon often does, and with great pleasure. Kiski Area's only PIAA champion and one-time career pins leader is cognisant of his situation and values it like an astronaut values space.

“I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to come here and wrestle,” he said. “We have the best coaches and practice partners in the country. That was one of the main things I looked at when I chose to come here.”

Rasheed can move up to 184 and yes he can beat clutch...Clutch has leveled off guys....You have to go to some practices ! This would make our line up stronger....
Last year Mouse entered nationals with a 26-14 record. This year: 16-6 with 2 of the losses by injury default.

You have a funny definition of "leveled off."

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
IF anyone were to be transferring I think it be Cutch. I could see Mark Hall shirting and Rasheed moving up to 184. I'm guessing if true when rasheed and cutch wrestle at practice cutch may be losing and rasheed still can ,add muscle and knows he cant compete with rasheed or move up to 97. Odd man out who has a taste of nationals... just an opinion
I agree if it's anyone it's cutch IMO....He will be the guy out with Rasheed moving up to 184...

I agree with everything you say here. When I try to project the future, it's fitting Joseph into the fold that concerns me most. I hate that because I think he is the real deal. I hope it all works out and all this talk is just us crazy fans being just that... crazy fans.

Reactions: Ja1339
Must be Cenzo they talking about. Personally I hope the rumor is not true as I think the kid is very talented.
Cenzo is awesome. Tough as heck in the room !!!! That would be a major blow but he is one of Cael's favorite young guns for 165 next year...

Reactions: johnstownsteel
It's not hard to project where Cenzo. He is our future 157/165. He will go where Nolf does not go.

If Hall OTC, then redshirts, he will be a Freshman when Nickal is a senior. I can see Hall going 174 and Nickal at 184 in 2018/2019

As opposed to the calm, cool, and collected folks here when it comes to Brands.

Please, people here joke about Brands and his, shall we say, "wacky persona", but they respect him as a coach. Face it, chief, you have some loose cannons on HR. I'm talking about people who *hate* Cael to the point they can't even think straight.

Oddly enough, your supposed rival ISU fans don't hate him, yet more than a handful of your Hawkeye forum brethren clearly do. They hate a good man and coach because he left their rival for greener pastures in Pennsylvania where he's proven to be wildly successful.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT