ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear that PSU may have someone transferring to RU?

That is great news! Would have hated to lose Cenzo..looking forward to watching him dominate! Really poor on the Rutgers poster who even started this mess. Even if it were true, he really put the kid in a bad spot.

Great news!

To put this in context, would someone please post a link to the thread that has the projected optimum PSU lineups for future years. Whatever pet name it was called. It was El-Jefe's list iirc.

Or post the lineups here. Either way is fine. Thanks in advance to whomever has that handy.

Last edited:
It's crazy that this rumor picked up enough legs for Cenzo to tweet out. What are Rutgers fan's going to start next? Nolf, Nickal, Cael Sanderson?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
It's crazy that this rumor picked up enough legs for Cenzo to tweet out. What are Rutgers fan's going to start next? Nolf, Nickal, Cael Sanderson?

It just goes to show, with the internet and all the social media, everyone reads everything and that's why I don't like when I see posts on other forums and even here ripping kids for not meeting expectations or what not, all these kids are competing hard and it must suck after a tough loss to see a bunch of internet trolls go off on how bad they are.

Cenzo must have been like WTH when reading rumors of him leaving with NO basis.

Reactions: JBott
The crazy part is that people gave any credence at all to some random Rutgers poster who nobody ever heard of before. When his (being generous) "rumor" had holes in it big enough to drive a tractor trailer thru sideways.

Playing the guessing game shows a collective lack of confidence.

I agree with posters who said that transfers are going to happen. But to Rutgers? Made no sense whatsoever.

The crazy part is that people gave any credence at all to some random Rutgers poster who nobody ever heard of before. When his (being generous) "rumor" had holes in it big enough to drive a tractor trailer thru sideways.

You never know...I just started posting this year. I have a personal connection to one of the ex PSU wrestlers that still trains there. If he told me something and I posted it, it would be true (whether I have 1 post or thousands). That being said, personally I would NEVER post anything that wasn't public yet to not betray his trust. This RUCreedo guy could have known something and spilled the beans even if he shouldn't have..in his case it seems categorically false, but just saying..rumors are rumors until it becomes a fact.

You never know...I just started posting this year. I have a personal connection to one of the ex PSU wrestlers that still trains there. If he told me something and I posted it, it would be true (whether I have 1 post or thousands). That being said, personally I would NEVER post anything that wasn't public yet to not betray his trust. This RUCreedo guy could have known something and spilled the beans even if he shouldn't have..in his case it seems categorically false, but just saying..rumors are rumors until it becomes a fact.

It doesn't "seem" categorically false, it IS categorically false. Cenzo just killed it in writing.

It doesn't "seem" categorically false, it IS categorically false. Cenzo just killed it in writing.

Obviously Cenzo killed it and I'm happy about that. The reason I said "seems" is that the guy never named CENZO directly as far as I saw (it certainly was steered that way). Maybe it's possible it wasn't Cenzo but someone else? To be honest, I really don't want to belabor this any further. Seems like the guy was just stirring the pot

I for one will be happy to go back to focusing on PIAA and Nationals, and am feeling quite foolish for getting pulled into these rumors :(

I for one will be happy to go back to focusing on PIAA and Nationals, and am feeling quite foolish for getting pulled into these rumors :(
Don't feel bad. I was reading all the posts while holding my breath!!!:) I'm glad the rumor about Joseph wasn't true. I think (hope) he has a bright future at PSU.

Reactions: Ja1339
I agree with posters who said that transfers are going to happen. But to Rutgers? Made no sense whatsoever.

No doubt, it is going to be difficult to keep all these guys "in the fold" because they aren't all going to be seeing the mat. If somebody is good enough to start somewhere else and is riding the bench at PSU, it's hard to fault them if they decide to leave. But do agree that an "intra-conference" transfer seems unlikely to me given the impact on eligibility. Especially the Pennsy guys, I could see them transferring to Boro or Lehigh (or even the ACC Schools) over Buttgers due to the "intra-conference" transfer rules.

It just goes to show, with the internet and all the social media, everyone reads everything and that's why I don't like when I see posts on other forums and even here ripping kids for not meeting expectations or what not, all these kids are competing hard and it must suck after a tough loss to see a bunch of internet trolls go off on how bad they are.

Cenzo must have been like WTH when reading rumors of him leaving with NO basis.

If you play competitive D1 sports, especially an individual sport like Wrestling I sure hope you don't spend any time reading wrestling forums. That is just asking for trouble because people are cruel on the internet behind fake names. I would not be surprised if VJ did not read any of this until someone told him that a rumor was getting out of control and he should address it.

I am sure some can't help themselves, but unless you are the type to take negative posts and internalize them as strong motivating training fodder you should stay VERY FAR AWAY from internet forums.

If you play competitive D1 sports, especially an individual sport like Wrestling I sure hope you don't spend any time reading wrestling forums. That is just asking for trouble because people are cruel on the internet behind fake names. I would not be surprised if VJ did not read any of this until someone told him that a rumor was getting out of control and he should address it.

I am sure some can't help themselves, but unless you are the type to take negative posts and internalize them as strong motivating training fodder you should stay VERY FAR AWAY from internet forums.
In a perfect world what you say is truth! But damn, could you imagine being these kids, in the spotlight, a public figure? I really don't think I could help myself from reading the forums and hearing what fans think of me. Of course I've obviously never had their type of mentality and dedication to what they do considering I'm a never has been while they compete at a very high level in our sport.

Reactions: manmythlegend1
In a perfect world what you say is truth! But damn, could you imagine being these kids, in the spotlight, a public figure? I really don't think I could help myself from reading the forums and hearing what fans think of me. Of course I've obviously never had their type of mentality and dedication to what they do considering I'm a never has been while they compete at a very high level in our sport.
To your point, I remember an interview Cael gave, that they instruct their guys not read the boards, but that some of the guys don't listen.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I would hope everyone from coaches to parents seriously warn them that it is not worth it!! There is only 1 person in the history of the sport who could have read the forums without much of a problem, that would be Cael because he never lost!! LOL

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I don't disagree with anything you said, but I would hope everyone from coaches to parents seriously warn them that it is not worth it!! There is only 1 person in the history of the sport who could have read the forums without much of a problem, that would be Cael because he never lost!! LOL

Just think of the posts about his receding hairline while he was in college tho...

Good to hear about Cenzo and I'm not the least bit surprised after seeing his award ceremony reactions on live TV last weekend at B1Gs. It never made an ounce of sense.

That said, I look forward to seeing who is wrestling for Cael next fall. Were a 2016-17 projected starter or current redshirt transfer to RU in the manner described by the RU poster/former RU wrestler (i.e., dropping the bomb on Cael after nationals and after some form of "secret" negotiations with RU....unbeknownst to our staff), I would not wish that person happy trails. We shall see.

Last edited:

90% of these ****heads that post never even played a sport...... Enough said

Pinned to the top of the page.

Thanks for your reply Roar More.
I found some threads that are closer to what I was looking for, vs the pinned info. Appreciate your post, to try to help.

RUcreedo is taketop?

taketop is einhorn?

Einhorn is finkle!
... and lest we forget:

BkT-zyxCMAAz1hI.jpg

> the Altons are transferring to Rutgers
> Frank Molinaro already transferred to Rutgers
> Kyle Snyder is transferring to Rutgers
> Terry Brands to Clarion
> Jammenz is transferring to the Rutgers board
> Delgado ... Mowgli
> What ... next? Nolf, Nickal, Cael Sanderson?

Spartacus is transferring to Rutgers.

They (above) am Spartacus.

Last edited:
El-Jefe - Do you have a handy link to your dominating PSU lineups for future years? Thanks

Not handy. And it was only for the lightweights.

The World Domination Plan that El-Jefe posted in the summer was only for the lightweights. There have been other threads that have incorporated the "Plan," and also included projections at the upper weights.

El-Jefe's Plan evolved over the course of the summer. It was updated to reflect Cortez's transfer, Micic not transferring to PSU (that was included in the 1st or 2nd "Plan," Suriano's verbal, etc.

Below is a version of it that El-Jefe posted in December. His post from that time indicates that the "Plan" might still evolve.

FWIW, I found the below in about 15 sec., using the Search function on the board.

The world domination plan is for Suriano to go 125 for two years, then shirt before going 133 to succeed Cortez. Lee shirts as a true FR.

In lineup form:
2017: Suriano, Cortez, Gulibon
2018: Suriano, Cortez, Moss/Dinmore; Lee shirts
2019: Lee, Cortez, Dinmore; Suriano shirts
2020: Lee, Suriano, Dinmore

Not sure where Nick and Joe Lee project yet. Nick is a JR 132 (HS class of 2017). Guessing he shirts 2018, then competes for 141 in 2019 ... strictly a guess until we see if he drops to 126 for states this year, and what weight he goes next year.

Of course things could change if Suriano can't hold 125 that long, or Cortez can't hold 133 that long. And conceivably another superstar lightweight could come on board (Teasdale?).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT