ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear that PSU may have someone transferring to RU?

As opposed to the calm, cool, and collected folks here when it comes to Brands.
I see you did not bother to use that female product you carry around with you.

In all fairness, no there are not numerous Tom Brand's threads on this site. When one does pop up it there will be some 'I just hate iowa and brands shyt", but it does not universally turn into a feeding frenzy of silly goose shyt.

Still. I remember the post you and jtown referenced. I also know it was posted by someone whose posts I have read in the past and yeah he is usually swimming in the deep end.

According to RUCreedo, it's Joseph.

Just so everybody understands the Joseph talk. Joseph is very well liked by his teammates, and the other kids in the room are excited about him being in the lineup next year.

Gentlemen, neither Matt McCutcheon nor Cenzo Joseph will be leaving Penn State in the offseason. I don't know anything about Cassar but I will say that neither of the two aforementioned wrestlers are going anywhere

My good source just told me the Altons are transferring to Rutgers. They we're starters, the guy never said what year they started!
Tognetti....they already transferred there and back once, don't you recall.....classic. It was bantered around the altons were headed there a few years back.

My source said Kyle Snyder is transferring to Rutgers.
You promised you weren't going to tell till kyle was on campus. Dang! Can't trust anybody.

Now don't tell anybody else, and don't forget it's mum on the Terry Brands to Clarion news.

I heard this morning someone from Penn State is transferring but it is not a starter.

The person that told me would not tell the name of the person transferring

I heard this morning someone from Penn State is transferring but it is not a starter.

Is the person that told you this a Rutgers grad, or, was he dressed in a silly red and grey knight costume?

Reactions: burnsie1983
RUCreedo pretty much confirmed he is talking about Cenzo Joseph. Good luck to him at Rutgers.

So the unspecified, unsubstantiated rumor started by the anonymous message board poster who claims to have second-hand knowledge from a source he assures us is reliable is now a specific unsubstantiated rumor started by an anonymous message board poster who claims to have second-hand knowledge from a source he assures us is reliable. It must be true.

Neither LOL. He just has some ties to the coaching staff. I have no reason to believe he would be yanking my chain but who knows.

It makes sense. With Penn States talent you would figure some kids would transfer and get a better shot to wrestle.

I hope it doesn't hurt Penn State, it helps Rutgers and the kid that transfers gets a shot to start.

Why Rutgers? Why waste another year not wrestling? He could start for PSU or any other program. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm trying to find the post over at HR but a respected member there posted a week or so ago that something to the affect that there was some news coming down the line from the PSU camp. He said it in a way that everything isn't so rosey and this would be the beginning of the end for PSU and their ability to get top recruits. Someone asked him to go further and I think he said something like he had already said too much.

Let's be honest here, any time message board heroes (especially on HR) start predicting the fall of PSU it's nothing more than them projecting their own fantasies onto a situation. They want to see PSU crumble more than anything because PSU has been dominating in every aspect since Cael arrived.

The "fall of PSU wrestling" is nothing more than wishful thinking from jealous fans, and Hawkeye fans are by far and away the most jealous of PSU.

A few days ago you didn't even know Cassar's situation. Now you have a hotline to an insider. Call me skeptical.

Please, people here joke about Brands and his, shall we say, "wacky persona", but they respect him as a coach. Face it, chief, you have some loose cannons on HR. I'm talking about people who *hate* Cael to the point they can't even think straight.

Oddly enough, your supposed rival ISU fans don't hate him, yet more than a handful of your Hawkeye forum brethren clearly do. They hate a good man and coach because he left their rival for greener pastures in Pennsylvania where he's proven to be wildly successful.

"Loose cannons" are everywhere...even here. We have more because there are more posters. Off the top of my head, there are three or four that have CDS (Cael derangement syndrome). Tell me that's not true when it comes to Iowa, and Brands, for this board. I can name two right now that spit out vitriol at the mere mention of Iowa. Or, how many times threads have been started about our wrestlers.

As for ISU fans, did you run a poll on all four of them? You guys have never had an in state rival like Iowa State. At points, we were always battling it out with them and the rivalry was intense and fun. Iowa vs Iowa State meant something...especially on the national scene. Some of those guys look at Cael and think, "this guy was given the keys to the kingdom of his alma mater, they even got rid of a HOF coach for him and he leaves a few years later."
Had PSU been his alma mater or his home state, I think a lot of folks could have seallowed it better.

But you're right, it was greener pastures.

A few days ago you didn't even know Cassar's situation. Now you have a hotline to an insider. Call me skeptical.

First of all I just asked about his situation. I knew he about his shoulder, I knew Cael referenced him as a possible fill in at HWT and I heard something about him coming back after the holidays. I just asked for and update. I thought that's what these message boards were about.

Now I pass on some information I got. I live in South Plainfield, NJ and a lot of people around here have ties to the Rutgers program. Believe it or don't believe. I don't give a rat's a$$. I was just passing it on. I don't know if it is true. I never claimed to have inside information and I rarely comment on this board.

"Loose cannons" are everywhere...even here. We have more because there are more posters. Off the top of my head, there are three or four that have CDS (Cael derangement syndrome). Tell me that's not true when it comes to Iowa, and Brands, for this board. I can name two right now that spit out vitriol at the mere mention of Iowa. Or, how many times threads have been started about our wrestlers.

As for ISU fans, did you run a poll on all four of them? You guys have never had an in state rival like Iowa State. At points, we were always battling it out with them and the rivalry was intense and fun. Iowa vs Iowa State meant something...especially on the national scene. Some of those guys look at Cael and think, "this guy was given the keys to the kingdom of his alma mater, they even got rid of a HOF coach for him and he leaves a few years later."
Had PSU been his alma mater or his home state, I think a lot of folks could have seallowed it better.

Well, to the extent that nobody has a "crystal ball" as to what unique opportunities will arise in the future, I suppose so..... BUT, the reality is that Cael was more likely fully committed to his alma mater, attempting to build a dynasty and realize his coaching dreams and aspirations when PSU came calling on him (not the opposite). I give Cael great credit as a "visionary" within his chosen profession - which is a true skill that many do not have - Cael realized that PSU was a "unique opportunity" in many, many, many ways that would provide him the resources and building blocks to make his professional dreams and aspirations possible....resources that would never be available to him at Iowa State.

Cael proved to be prophetic in his contemporaneous characterization as to why he did what he did in regards to taking the PSU position. It all had to do with the recruiting advantages he would enjoy being smack dab in the middle of Pennsylvania coaching a school that bear's the State's moniker and Land-Grant University Charter - he knew that he would never enjoy those advantages at ISU, so he took the opportunity that he felt was "once in a lifetime" in nature and could not be walked away from. Again, he wasn't abandoning his alma mater as much as pursuing an opportunity that he felt was "unique" relative to his professional dreams and aspirations.

I do find it somewhat amusing, and a bit of schadenfreude, that the Iowa fans were the most vocal in 2009 in pronouncing how stupid and laughable Cael's publicly stated rationale was, because something tells me they aren't laughing so hard now, 7 years later. Looks like Cael knew a little bit more about wrestling and was a little bit better student of wrestling history and tradition than most of the extremely vocal, at the time, Hawkeye nation.

Last edited:
If the poster has legitimate information, it can not be Cenzo. In his thread, he stated that the name was already mentioned. Up until that point, Cenzo's name had not come up. Only current starters were mentioned, along with Cassar and Shakur. Someone mentions a true freshman on redshirt and he responds "ding, ding, ding." No freshmen on redshirts were mentioned unless you consider Cassar's absence a redshirt. Suriano could almost fit the description, but his name was not mentioned previously.
I'll believe when I see it. Transfers are bound to happen. Just hope the kids find a school that is a good fit. Good luck to them except when wrestling PSU.

Reactions: JBott

AZ, you must be speaking of that damn Goldbanger!! He spews his loose cannon vitriol all over the interwebs, especially over on HR. Oops, split personality disorder rearing it's ugly head again. Btw, I should have bet you on the outcome with Gilman/Mega for the B1G tournament, but looking at the draws, I'm looking pretty good for nationals at this point. I like Nico in the semis and a NaTo/Mega final.

This is the first I have heard of this topic

Who would have thought Rugrats Wrestling would be their top men's sports team. Their football and basketball teams are dumpster fires......one step above Boston College

Well, to the extent that nobody has a "crystal ball" as to what unique opportunities will arise in the future, I suppose so..... BUT, the reality is that Cael was more likely fully committed to his alma mater, attempting to build a dynasty and realize his coaching dreams and aspirations when PSU came calling on him (not the opposite). I give Cael great credit as a "visionary" within his chosen profession - which is a true skill that many do not have - Cael realized that PSU was a "unique opportunity" in many, many, many ways that would provide him the resources and building blocks to make his professional dreams and aspirations possible....resources that would never be available to him at Iowa State. Cael proved to be prophetic in his contemporaneous characterization as to why he did what he did in regards to taking the PSU position. It all had to do with the recruiting advantages he would enjoy being smack dab in the middle of Pennsylvania coaching a school that bear's the State's moniker and Land-Grant University Charter - he knew that he would never enjoy those advantages at ISU, so he took the opportunity that he felt was "once in a lifetime" in nature and could not be walked away from. Again, he wasn't abandoning his alma mater as much as pursuing an opportunity that he felt was "unique" relative to his professional dreams and aspirations. I do find it amusing that the Iowa fans were the most vocal in 2009 in pronouncing how stupid and laughable Cael's publicly stated rationale was, because something tells me they aren't laughing so hard now, 7 years later. Looks like Cael knew a little bit more about wrestling and was a little bit better student of wrestling history and tradition than most of the extremely vocal, at the time, Hawkeye nation.

Fwiw - Reports indicated that Cael was the one who first contacted PSU about the Nittany Lion coaching opportunity.

History has shown that the move was a very good fit for the coaches and for PSU.

Penn State had also just made multi-million dollar upgrades to secure the Penn State facilities at the top level in the country. The school just needed the right HC and staff to carry out the vision and grasp the potential.

Given that PSU wrestling would be given TV coverage on the BTN that enhances revenue, fan support and recruiting and given that BT funds helped to secure strong financial support for wrestling, the Penn State job became one of the plum coaching positions in the country.

So, a lot was on the line and financial commitment to PSU wrestling was high.

It's common that Universities and coaches continue to adjust to find the best fits over time. That's the way college sports and the college coaching profession work.

Last edited:
TBH, I had more problems with his post about Cael than I did with his suggestion of a transfer.

Fwiw - Reports indicated that Cael was the one who first contacted PSU about the Nittany Lion coaching opportunity.

History has shown that the move was a very good fit for the coaches and for PSU.

Penn State had also just made multi-million dollar upgrades to secure the Penn State facilities at the top level in the country. The school just needed the right HC and staff to carry out the vision and grasp the potential.

Given that PSU wrestling would be given TV coverage on the BTN that can enhance revenue, fan support and recruiting and given that BT funds helped to secure strong financial support for wrestling, the Penn State job became one of the plum coaching positions in the country.

So, a lot was on the line and financial commitment to PSU wrestling was high.

It's common that Universities and coaches continue to adjust to find the best fits over time. That's the way college sports and the college coaching profession work.

Cael has publicly said that he was the one who called Curley. Cael saw the potential at PSU and boy was he correct.

I'm betting the Rutgers poster that posted this RUMOR is getting a big kick out of all the threads his post has generated. Nothing about his post(s) passes the smell test. Can you spell TROLL?

Gott that right, am very surprised by the amount of duplicated seriousness it receives....
oh, by the way it is not Rutgers, it is Ryder U ...:)

Everything he said was conflicting, so I think he is full of it. Suriano is still in High School and just won his 4th state championship, so I doubt it's him. Neither Cassar nor Shakur would make anyone shhh a cruiseliner. And why anyone from PSU would transfer to Rutgers and loose a year is beyond me.

If the poster has legitimate information, it can not be Cenzo. In his thread, he stated that the name was already mentioned. Up until that point, Cenzo's name had not come up. Only current starters were mentioned, along with Cassar and Shakur. Someone mentions a true freshman on redshirt and he responds "ding, ding, ding." No freshmen on redshirts were mentioned unless you consider Cassar's absence a redshirt. Suriano could almost fit the description, but his name was not mentioned previously.
I'll believe when I see it. Transfers are bound to happen. Just hope the kids find a school that is a good fit. Good luck to them except when wrestling PSU.

AZ, you must be speaking of that damn Goldbanger!! He spews his loose cannon vitriol all over the interwebs, especially over on HR. Oops, split personality disorder rearing it's ugly head again. Btw, I should have bet you on the outcome with Gilman/Mega for the B1G tournament, but looking at the draws, I'm looking pretty good for nationals at this point. I like Nico in the semis and a NaTo/Mega final.

Not a lot of people were lining up for that one but I think if anybody is beating NATO, it's Gilman. He has only lost one match to him in freestyle and folk at the B1G finals. NATO got a TD and ran the rest of the match. To me, didn't really matter who got who in the semis...they all have a case over each other.

Not a lot of people were lining up for that one but I think if anybody is beating NATO, it's Gilman. He has only lost one match to him in freestyle and folk at the B1G finals. NATO got a TD and ran the rest of the match. To me, didn't really matter who got who in the semis...they all have a case over each other.

Yea, agree with you regarding Gilman - his style probably matches up the best regarding NaTo. NaTo is not really an "awe inspiring" wrestler imho, his neutral offense against top guys is average at best and pretty much totally predicated not only on "countering", but also over-powering his opponent on a quick blast counter while his opponent his out-of-position/off-balance. NaTo is the only guy that Mega has no success attacking from the "head down" position in neutral tie-ups. Gillman is less active than Mega in neutral especially in regards to attacking from a "head down" position in neutral tie-ups, which probably explains his better success against NaTo - he doesn't give NaTo the chance to counter in neutral from a "tie-up" position which NaTo prefers. Mega is very effective in accessing the legs/ankles from a "head down" position in a neutral tie-up, but doesn't seem to be able to do anything from that position against NaTo. Mega is a tough cookie though - did you see NaTo's face after the B1G finals? NaTo looked like he just went 12 rounds versus Tyson (NaTo is a "bleeder").

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT