ADVERTISEMENT

Do we go to #2?

Can't believe not many commented on this . Enjoy the moment over next 2 weeks . Then we will we what happens

Reactions: PSU4U
I think we’re likely to stay #3 or even bounce to 4. I think Georgia winning at Texas will have the SEC faithful voting their top squad #2 and it wouldn’t surprise me if they slotted Texas in at #3.

We should. But they'll probably have Georgia jump us. Doesn't matter that much right now.
Being that we play OSU in 2 weeks and that game will provide confirmation for skeptical voters that may be on the fence otherwise, I believe that we move up to #2 in both polls.

Having stated that, we need to defeat Wisconsin next week or it's all a moot point.

Reactions: psu1969a
Agree. We will finish 9-3 and not in the playoff. We do not look the part.
We absolutely look the part. Watch the UGa-Texas game. Allar is better than all 3 of those QBs at this moment. Our LBs and our WRs are our weaknesses but if you're going to have a weakness that's not the worst place for them to exist

Georgia SHOULD be 2...they beat two top 10 teams...one of the road and I think Clemson was at a neutral site...winning both games by multiple scores. The loss to Bama by a score won't hurt them

Our big wins are Illinois (who's best win is a subpar Michigan) and teams with losing records...actually everyone we've beat other than Illinois is under 500. USC and WVU are 3-4. BGSU fell apart after the A&M game. We know UCLA and Kent State suck but we've demonstrated in all those games other than BGSU we were far superior. Including USC despite the score.

We'll be 3...maybe 2

Reactions: lilwashnitfan
Can't believe not many commented on this . Enjoy the moment over next 2 weeks . Then we will we what happens
You can enjoy it while following the rankings and discussing them
It's just weird people get upset over it. These rankings literally mean nothing. They're not used for the playoff. It's just to create discussion.

Reactions: 19333lion
We should. But they'll probably have Georgia jump us. Doesn't matter that much right now.
Why should we? PSU beat exactly 1 team with a winning record so far.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not sure who should be ahead of us. I'm just more worried about beating Wisconsin next week and OSU the week after that. If we win those two games we deserve to be #1 or #2 no matter what Georgia does.

Why should we? PSU beat exactly 1 team with a winning record so far.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not sure who should be ahead of us. I'm just more worried about beating Wisconsin next week and OSU the week after that. If we win those two games we deserve to be #1 or #2 no matter what Georgia does.
You shouldn't be worried about Wisconsin

Agree. We will finish 9-3 and not in the playoff. We do not look the part.
A lot of top teams have looked weak at times. Texas was the exception until yesterday. OSU was the exception until they lost to Oregon. Speaking of Oregon, they looked shaky against Idaho & Boise State.

My point is that a lot of teams haven't looked the part at times. Many expect PSU to finish 11-1. In that case they definitely deserve to be in the playoff. Maybe even 10-2 depending on how other teams finish.

I think most people would consider 9-3 a collapse in which case Franklin would deserve every bit of criticism he got.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
ESPN game predictor gives Wisconsin a 30% chance so of course I'm "worried".

USC fans shouldn't have been worried about Maryland either.
And that's the difference...you don't worry about games you're the far superior team...upsets happen but this is a game we should expect to dominate.
I'm still confused why this fan base hates expectations. Wisconsin isn't great in any aspect of the game. Their run game is mid, their passing game is awful and their defense is at best average. The only spot they might have an advantage over us is ST.
We will similar to the WVU game.
Also 30% means we should win...pretty easily...especially on the road.

Spot on. After those big four payroll teams we are right in there with the next grouping.
There's clearly a group of 5 that includes us
Even trying to state we're in the next group is laughable. Stop blaming NIL. We have plenty of money to pay guys and are.
Allar Singleton Warren and Carter aren't here to get an education. They're being paid well.

Spot on. After those big four payroll teams we are right in there with the next grouping.
Correct... the next grouping is 5-9 and PSU is somewhere in there... We beat one decent team... one team and the rest suck. For me, PSU is in a permanent ....PROVE IT mode. For years, we have been undefeated and then get exposed. This year is no different. We are the same old Penn State until we prove otherwise. Ranked 2 or 3 is absolutely laughable but that is what it is for a week or so.

There's clearly a group of 5 that includes us
Even trying to state we're in the next group is laughable. Stop blaming NIL. We have plenty of money to pay guys and are.
Allar Singleton Warren and Carter aren't here to get an education. They're being paid well.
There's no doubt that our top players are doing well with NIL but that doesn't mean we have the same kind of money available as some other top schools. My theory is that we took care of the guys on our roster which meant we were left with limited funds to get a top WR/LB from the portal.

Correct... the next grouping is 5-9 and PSU is somewhere in there... We beat one decent team... one team and the rest suck. For me, PSU is in a permanent ....PROVE IT mode. For years, we have been undefeated and then get exposed. This year is no different. We are the same old Penn State until we prove otherwise. Ranked 2 or 3 is absolutely laughable but that is what it is for a week or so.
So Georgia is in your top tier yet they lost to a mediocre Bama team….got it. Funny how poor performances only seem to count against PSU with some posters on here.

Do you believe in your heart of hearts that PSU is the second-best team in the country? As much as I'd like to believe the Nits are worthy of that ranking, I don't think the evidence supports it.
The evidence doesn’t support Georgia being ranked higher…they lost to a mediocre Bama team and should have lost to a bad Kentucky team.

So Georgia is in your top tier yet they lost to a mediocre Bama team….got it. Funny how poor performances only seem to count against PSU with some posters on here.
Georgia manhandled Texas last night. Georgia and Texas would easily beat PSU ... OSU and Oregon would beat PSU... I said 5-9 is where PSU would land. I will stand by that. Miami, Clemson, Tenn LSU.. There are a handful of teams right there and you can make arguments for all of them. PSU is in that bunch.

• Haha
Reactions: psu1969a and bdgan
You have to include dubs too. A road win at #1 Texas coupled with the respect the SEC receives will likely put Georgia at 2 or a close 3.

I hope they bounce us to 5. I don’t think they will, but I’m sick of everyone calling us frauds.

And that's the difference...you don't worry about games you're the far superior team...upsets happen but this is a game we should expect to dominate.
I'm still confused why this fan base hates expectations. Wisconsin isn't great in any aspect of the game. Their run game is mid, their passing game is awful and their defense is at best average. The only spot they might have an advantage over us is ST.
We will similar to the WVU game.
Also 30% means we should win...pretty easily...especially on the road.
PSU is far superior to Kent State. I confident that we have better talent than Wisconsin but saying we're "FAR SUPERIOR" is a stretch. We only beat BGSU by 7 pts and USC by 3 in OT.

Every single team has flaws. Heck, Oregon started the year having trouble vs two group of 5 teams. There is no proof we do or do not belong in the top 3. It’s simple. Just win and it takes care if itself.

Do you believe in your heart of hearts that PSU is the second-best team in the country? As much as I'd like to believe the Nits are worthy of that ranking, I don't think the evidence supports it.
I think it's early to say. For some reason this team starts slow, but finishes strong. If they can put together a full game I think they can beat anyone this year. I don't see a juggernaut right now.

Reactions: psu1969a
PSU is far superior to Kent State. I confident that we have better talent than Wisconsin but saying we're "FAR SUPERIOR" is a stretch. We only beat BGSU by 7 pts and USC by 3 in OT.
Yes--far superior. You all overreact to close game for absolutely no reason. Does Georgia have far more talent than Kentucky? Of course they do. Just like Bama has far more talent than Vandy. Crazy things happen--worrying about Wisconsin is absurd. We should beat them easily. If we don't that's on Franklin. Just like DeBoer's getting heat right now.

Georgia manhandled Texas last night. Georgia and Texas would easily beat PSU ... OSU and Oregon would beat PSU... I said 5-9 is where PSU would land. I will stand by that. Miami, Clemson, Tenn LSU.. There are a handful of teams right there and you can make arguments for all of them. PSU is in that bunch.
Well, you just saved us all a bunch of time and money. End the season now with the Wesauking Lion rankings to determine placement as he knows who will beat who.

Do you really think Georgia has looked great this year? I guarantee Kirby had this one circled all year. No way he was losing to Texas their first year in the league. I called this one for Georgia when everyone was anointing the Longhorns. I still think this Georgia team has weaknesses compared to 2021-2022. I'm convinced the SEC has been down last year and again this year. We'll find out about Ohio State in a couple of weeks. Right now I like our chances in that one.

I think 5-9 is fantastic. It’s a huge accomplishment and fine with a limited budget. To get any higher requires spending 20 mil on a roster and giving out lambos. Let them do that and get a bunch of “me” kids. As we have seen this year when it becomes about the individual the team is not as good. I am a Yankees fan but use them as the analogy.

Alabama isn't a mediocre team. I think there's a good chance they finish 9-3.

Well, you just saved us all a bunch of time and money. End the season now with the Wesauking Lion rankings to determine placement as he knows who will beat who.

Do you really think Georgia has looked great this year? I guarantee Kirby had this one circled all year. No way he was losing to Texas their first year in the league. I called this one for Georgia when everyone was anointing the Longhorns. I still think this Georgia team has weaknesses compared to 2021-2022. I'm convinced the SEC has been down last year and again this year. We'll find out about Ohio State in a couple of weeks. Right now I like our chances in that one.
I just gave my opinion based on what has happened so far. I think we are somewhere between 5-9. Do I think we are 2 or 3... not by what I have seen so far. Its all good. We will find out in the next couple weeks what PSU has or doesnt have.

This part.... End the season now with the Wesauking Lion rankings to determine placement as he knows who will beat who. .... again.... my opinion is worth just as much as yours.... nothing in both respects.

I think 5-9 is fantastic. It’s a huge accomplishment and fine with a limited budget. To get any higher requires spending 20 mil on a roster and giving out lambos. Let them do that and get a bunch of “me” kids. As we have seen this year when it becomes about the individual the team is not as good. I am a Yankees fan but use them as the analogy.
This is delusional

I just gave my opinion based on what has happened so far. I think we are somewhere between 5-9. Do I think we are 2 or 3... not by what I have seen so far. Its all good. We will find out in the next couple weeks what PSU has or doesnt have.

This part.... End the season now with the Wesauking Lion rankings to determine placement as he knows who will beat who. .... again.... my opinion is worth just as much as yours.... nothing in both respects.
Shame how people get all butt hurt over someone’s opinion. And here I thought sports boards were supposed to be about discussing opinions on various issues.

I agree, we look good but haven’t looked great. We have the potential to be great but aren’t there yet.

Some with Allar. He has played pretty good but he hasn’t looked like one would expect from the top QB in his class and now in his third year. He still could be great, certainly has the tools. Maybe that USC comeback will be the spark.

It’s crazy to get all hyped right now whether we are #2 or #6. The next three weeks will determine a lot but not be the final tally. We are only half way through and on any given Saturday……

Last edited:
Shame how people get all butt hurt over someone’s opinion. And here I thought sports boards were supposed to be about discussing opinions on various issues.

I agree, we look good but haven’t looked great. We have the potential to be great but aren’t there yet.

Some with Allar. He has played pretty good but he hasn’t looked like one would expect from the top QB in his class and now in his third year. He still could be great, certainly has the tools. Maybe that USC comeback will be the spark.

It’s crazy go get all hyped right now whether we are #2 or #6. The next three weeks will determine a lot but not be the final tally. We are only half way through and on any given Saturday……
Allar has absolutely looked like the top kid in his class--watch Milroe, Beck, Arch and Ewers yesterday. You all are absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT