ADVERTISEMENT

Do we go to #2?

Shame how people get all butt hurt over someone’s opinion. And here I thought sports boards were supposed to be about discussing opinions on various issues.

I agree, we look good but haven’t looked great. We have the potential to be great but aren’t there yet.

Some with Allar. He has played pretty good but he hasn’t looked like one would expect from the top QB in his class and now in his third year. He still could be great, certainly has the tools. Maybe that USC comeback will be the spark.

It’s crazy to get all hyped right now whether we are #2 or #6. The next three weeks will determine a lot but not be the final tally. We are only half way through and on any given Saturday……
I don’t understand what you are saying about Allar. He’s completing over 70% of his passes, is 6-0 and is one of top rated and in country. Not sure what more you want out of kid. We do run the ball unlike some of those teams that throw 50 times a game.

Reactions: Kasparaitis
Agree. We will finish 9-3 and not in the playoff. We do not look the part.
Nailed it. Especially since we lost against USC, as you predicted.

Oh, wait ...

Same crap every freakin season! No wonder we have no respect nationally... Playoffs are you kidding me! This team loses at least 3 including today. Franklin is once again outclassed!

Shame how people get all butt hurt over someone’s opinion. And here I thought sports boards were supposed to be about discussing opinions on various issues.

Hmm, based on your behavior, I thought sports boards were supposed to be about crying when discussing opinions on various issues, running away and putting everyone on ignore if their opinion differs from yours. You learn something new every day.

I agree, we look good but haven’t looked great. We have the potential to be great but aren’t there yet.

Some with Allar. He has played pretty good but he hasn’t looked like one would expect from the top QB in his class and now in his third year. He still could be great, certainly has the tools. Maybe that USC comeback will be the spark.

It’s crazy to get all hyped right now whether we are #2 or #6. The next three weeks will determine a lot but not be the final tally. We are only half way through and on any given Saturday……

Which QBs have looked "great" this year?

I don’t understand what you are saying about Allar. He’s completing over 70% of his passes, is 6-0 and is one of top rated and in country. Not sure what more you want out of kid. We do run the ball unlike some of those teams that throw 50 times a game.
Does he look like the best QB in college ball? Or even top five?

He forced two bad passes against USC to guys double covered. He has five long balls and every one was seriously under thrown. Like receivers having to come to a full stop.

If he was playing great they open it up more. We have had some close games where passing more would have helped. Maybe it’s the receivers. Maybe it’s the scheme. But he won’t be All American 1st or 2nd at this pace.

He forced two bad passes against USC to guys double covered. He has five long balls and every one was seriously under thrown. Like receivers having to come to a full stop.

If he was playing great they open it up more. We have had some close games where passing more would have helped. Maybe it’s the receivers. Maybe it’s the scheme. But he won’t be All American 1st or 2nd at this pace.
Yes, Drew looks like a top 5 QB in college football--it's not even debatable.
He won't put up Cam Ward numbers because he actually plays against teams that have a defense--same with Ewers and Beck
Drew has (or had) the best efficiency in the country on deep balls this year so not sure what you're talking about--it's been discussed at length he's told to underthrow those.

All qbs throw ints. It happens . Ewer through 2 and beck threw 3 yesterday. Allar also lead us down the field when it counted last week. He’s been very good this year overall. Not sure what you want from a college kid.

All qbs throw ints. It happens . Ewer through 2 and beck threw 3 yesterday. Allar also lead us down the field when it counted last week. He’s been very good this year overall. Not sure what you want from a college kid.
Some people don't like him simply because he's a pocket passer and like QB that run around and create plays instead of actually running an offense

Name the top 5, in your opinion, so we can pick apart their throws.

Already explained how the one pass against USC wasn't a bad throw (definitely wasn't double coverage). Your lie about receivers always having to come to a full stop on underthrows was also clearly illustrated. You tried to characterize a guy slowing to a slow run or jog for a moment as a full stop. When shown the play, you still wouldn't relent. It was bonkers.

You obviously have a vendetta against Allar. Let it go.

He's far from perfect, just like every college QB ... but amongst the college population, he's one of the better ones out there and, you, for some reason, decided to go fully irrational in an attempt to talk bad about him. It's sad.

Allar has absolutely looked like the top kid in his class--watch Milroe, Beck, Arch and Ewers yesterday. You all are absurd.
Allar is getting better in his second year as a stater, saying that he should come back for his senior year.
1. Oregon
2. Georgia
3. Penn State
4. Ohio State
5. Miami
6. LSU
7. Texas

I don't agree at all.

PSU is a running team. And we've only been averaging 21 passes per game because we've only had like 8 drives per game. We aren't turning the ball over nor are we causing turnovers. Other teams are getting very good times of possession against us. Why would you NOT throw when you are completing 70% of your passes and not getting interceptions? That makes no sense.

The fact is, none of our games were ever really in doubt. And when we did have a game in doubt, we threw for almost 400 yards.

Reactions: PSU63-OSU14
Can't believe not many commented on this . Enjoy the moment over next 2 weeks . Then we will we what happens
I'm a died in the wool rabid PS fan who doesn't think we are number two at this point. But yeah, we probably will be voted #2. I'll gladly take it and hope we can win the second half of the season. Shooting for 12-0.

I'm a died in the wool rabid PS fan who doesn't think we are number two at this point. But yeah, we probably will be voted #2. I'll gladly take it and hope we can win the second half of the season. Shooting for 12-0.
Agree but it really doesn't matter. If we win out we'll get a first-round bye. If we lose to tOSU only, we'll get a good home game against a lower-ranked team. The point is, we need to just keep winning. The rest will take care of itself.

What is interesting is that Alamama may not make the playoffs or Ole Miss. USC is toast. Washington is toast. Michigan is toast.

It is a new day and the door is wide open for PSU. Can we walk it in?

• Love
Reactions: PSU4U
Allar is getting better in his second year as a stater, saying that he should come back for his senior year.
1. Oregon
2. Georgia
3. Penn State
4. Ohio State
5. Miami
6. LSU
7. Texas
What are you possibly watching that you don't think he's better?
Did you watch Georgia vs Texas last night?
No idea how you think Texas falls behind LSU

I think Allar has played great this season and looks the part of a QB that can a big game.

I’m nervously optimistic about this team.

Georgia manhandled Texas last night. Georgia and Texas would easily beat PSU ... OSU and Oregon would beat PSU... I said 5-9 is where PSU would land. I will stand by that. Miami, Clemson, Tenn LSU.. There are a handful of teams right there and you can make arguments for all of them. PSU is in that bunch.
Georgia and Texas would easily beat PSU based on what? Would PSU beat Kentucky? If so, then your argument for Georgia is lame. And since Georgia crushed Texas, that doesn’t give much weight to your Texas argument. There is not a team out there at this point that can be definitively put ahead of PSU except maybe Oregon.

Hmm, based on your behavior, I thought sports boards were supposed to be about crying when discussing opinions on various issues, running away and putting everyone on ignore if their opinion differs from yours. You learn something new every day.

Which QBs have looked "great" this year?
Question for you, Perfect Pitch. Were you born an asshole or was that an acquired skill that you cultivated over the years? You are the Ultracrepidarian of Ultracrepidarians.

Reactions: zubrus1
There was a song some decades ago.

“Were you born an a$$hole?
Or did you work it at your whole life?
Either way it worked out fine.
Because you’re an a$$hole tonight.”

Georgia and Texas would easily beat PSU based on what? Would PSU beat Kentucky? If so, then your argument for Georgia is lame. And since Georgia crushed Texas, that doesn’t give much weight to your Texas argument. There is not a team out there at this point that can be definitively put ahead of PSU except maybe Oregon.
Its my opinion from watching the games these teams have played. Texas, OSU, Georgia, Oregon would likely beat PSU. Maybe some other teams could beat PSU also. Nothing is for sure... just speculation. Again... in my opinion we are somewhere in the 5-9 range. PSU has a good shot at getting into the playoffs at this point of the season. We will know how good PSU is over the next couple weeks.

Its my opinion from watching the games these teams have played. Texas, OSU, Georgia, Oregon would likely beat PSU. Maybe some other teams could beat PSU also. Nothing is for sure... just speculation. Again... in my opinion we are somewhere in the 5-9 range. PSU has a good shot at getting into the playoffs at this point of the season. We will know how good PSU is over the next couple weeks.
And it’s my opinion watching those teams that PSU could beat any of them…see, it works both ways.

What are you possibly watching that you don't think he's better?
Did you watch Georgia vs Texas last night?
No idea how you think Texas falls behind LSU
I said Exactly that- he is getting better in his second year, I watched Georgia vs Texas and Texas played like garbage so did there two Qb's, After watching both LSU and Texas multiply games I think LSU is better.

I said Exactly that- he is getting better in his second year, I watched Georgia vs Texas and Texas played like garbage so did there two Qb's, After watching both LSU and Texas multiply games I think LSU is better.
How many times have you watched LSU this year?

Gotta believe that the Georgia defense had a lot to do with that

Reactions: Kasparaitis
#3 in both. Probably won't change even if we beat Ohio State unless it''s decisive.

Huh? We would definitely pass Georgia or any other team with a loss if we defeat tOSU. If we win decisively, we could even theoretically pass Oregon since their win against the Buckeyes was close and also at home.

Reactions: mgkpsu
#3 in both. Probably won't change even if we beat Ohio State unless it''s decisive.
What? We're currently third with one win over a team with a winning record and that team isn't respected by the voters. If we beat Ohio State that would be huge

Question for you, Perfect Pitch. Were you born an asshole or was that an acquired skill that you cultivated over the years? You are the Ultracrepidarian of Ultracrepidarians.
So Bushwood was apparently jealous someone else was getting my attention, so he runs in to say "look at me! pay attention to ME!"

Now we start the same old process over again:

1. He inevitably lies or gets something wrong,
2. Melts down after and says something unintentionally embarrassing about himself in an attempted put down (something like "you're not cool enough to be part of my brony club!"),
3. Reveals some random bit of (fake) personal information in what I can only guess is a desperate attempt to save face,
4. And cries that I'm stalking him (despite him starting the exchange, yet again) as he runs away.

This is one of those psychology problems for ex-psych major James Franklin. How do you get your team to not care about the ranking and care only about what it's going to take to beat Wisconsin at Madison. That is not an easy task and if they are not fully on their game it's going to be an ugly Saturday. They need to be playing with the same level of concentration as they were in the 4th quarter at USC.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
So Bushwood was apparently jealous someone else was getting my attention, so he runs in to say "look at me! pay attention to ME!"

Now we start the same old process over again:

1. He inevitably lies or gets something wrong,
2. Melts down after and says something unintentionally embarrassing about himself in an attempted put down (something like "you're not cool enough to be part of my brony club!"),
3. Reveals some random bit of (fake) personal information in what I can only guess is a desperate attempt to save face,
4. And cries that I'm stalking him (despite him starting the exchange, yet again) as he runs away.
Not a hint of mental illness!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT