ADVERTISEMENT

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!! Birds - Seahawks NFL Playoff Game Thread

and that's a wrap. Epps, who they claimed off of waivers in November, ends up getting singled on Metcalf. That's a mismatch any time, any day. And Epps didn't get a chuck on him, so Metcalf blew right past him and gathered in the pass for the 1st down.

The Eagles defensive backs are horrible. They have no idea where the ball is and get beat deep way too often. 2 defenders beat deep on that throw. Game over.

Its time for a new DC. Jim Schwartz should be done. Way too many 3rd down conversions and terrible secondary play. He was given a pass last year, but its time.

Reactions: psu00
McCown has done an adequate job as an emergency replacement, but he doesn't seem to have a sense of when he's got to throw the ball due to a collapsing pocket, or the game situation. You can't get sacked on 4th down
Welcome to the Steelers season. When you lose your QB, you’re done.

Time for Jason Peters to find a new team too. How many drive killing False Starts did he have this year?

The outcome was not surprising....I mean, be honest, with the injuries this year the only reason the Eagles even made the playoffs is because their division was the worst in football. There’s not much a team can do with that many injuries.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
The outcome was not surprising....I mean, be honest, with the injuries this year the only reason the Eagles even made the playoffs is because their division was the worst in football. There’s not much a team can do with that many injuries.

They've had 4 previous weeks of must win games and it is significant that they got to this point. They just need a lot of new healthy bodies.

Short memory, Eagles just won a Super Bowl two years ago in that same exact scenario.
I said last year that losing foles was a mistake since wentz has never won a playoff game. Foles was a starter for the eagles as opposed to Losing Ben and have Rudolph or Hodges start.

Reactions: 84Lion
I said last year that losing foles was a mistake since wentz has never won a playoff game. Foles was a starter for the eagles as opposed to Losing Ben and have Rudolph or Hodges start.

Not sure even Foles could have pulled off a win with this group of players. I guess now the practice squad folks will get a real chance to be on the team from the start, but this team has lots of holes at WR, O-Line, Secondary, and the poor play of the front D4. This is likely the start of a rebuild.

Foles was a 22 million cap hit this year, and 27 million each of the next two years. Still can’t believe Jacksonville is paying him what they are. Eagles had to let him walk.

Well, the no-call personal foul that knocked out Wentz and the several others that were also not called on Seattle really impacted this game dramatically. Doesn’t guarantee that Philly would have won, but certainly it was an uphill battle all night long.

Worst year ever for the NFL.

Well, the no-call personal foul that knocked out Wentz and the several others that were also not called on Seattle really impacted this game dramatically. Doesn’t guarantee that Philly would have won, but certainly it was an uphill battle all night long.

Honestly I really wanted to watch 11. I’m cool with one and done considering but I love how 11 plays, Clowney ripped me off.

Well, I suppose one somewhat comforting thought is that all Seattle has done is buy themselves another road trip game, to Green Bay, Wisconsin, in mid-January. I'll be a Packers fan next Sunday.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell

How did the no call on the hit that took Wentz out change the game? Even had they called a penalty, Wentz still would have been out of the game.

Reactions: mn78psu83
How did the no call on the hit that took Wentz out change the game? Even had they called a penalty, Wentz still would have been out of the game.

Exactly. Seattle had over 100 yards in penalties but the Eagles got hosed by the officials?

Well, throw in a first down and 15 yds on that play plus 2-3 other first downs and 30-45 yds on the other non-calls.....certainly could have impacted how the game played out.

Reactions: katchthis
Not sure even Foles could have pulled off a win with this group of players. I guess now the practice squad folks will get a real chance to be on the team from the start, but this team has lots of holes at WR, O-Line, Secondary, and the poor play of the front D4. This is likely the start of a rebuild.
What??? Rebuild??

disappointed, but as injured as the Eagles are, they weren't going to get far anyway

Well, throw in a first down and 15 yds on that play plus 2-3 other first downs and 30-45 yds on the other non-calls.....certainly could have impacted how the game played out.
Or maybe not....it wouldn’t have changed how the Eagles did in the red zone. They moved the ball easily between the 20’s but couldn’t score...those penalty yards wouldn’t have helped them do that.

Hopefully the league admits they missed a helmet to helmet unnecessary hit and hits his purse for some cash but I'd feel better if the Clown was suspended for the game in Green Bay............

Or apologize for missing a clear offsides on 3rd down that would have kept Seattle drive going in the red zone.

Hopefully the league admits they missed a helmet to helmet unnecessary hit and hits his purse for some cash but I'd feel better if the Clown was suspended for the game in Green Bay............

The league will certainly not admit they missed a hit, especially with the explanation that was given by the refs after the game. And, I doubt that Clowney will get suspended in the playoffs for something like that. He might get fined, but, with what these guys make, he won’t feel it.

If you watch a slow motion replay of the hit, you can argue that the hit occurred pretty close to when Carson hit the ground. I see those types of hits quite often, although it’s really unnecessary especially when you see the guy going to the ground and all you have to do is touch him at that point.

only in 'Eagle eyes' was that an unnecessary ... helmet to helmet ... or unsportsmanlike play ..was just a football play by both Wentz and Clowney ..if you're gonna start whinning for that call then you may as well just switch to flag football

only in 'Eagle eyes' was that an unnecessary ... helmet to helmet ... or unsportsmanlike play ..was just a football play by both Wentz and Clowney ..if you're gonna start whinning for that call then you may as well just switch to flag football

Yeah, OK. Can you imagine this board if Chase Young did the same thing to Clifford and nothing was called?

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT