ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo - July 12-20, 2024

Seidel looked incredible also. Va Tech getting a good one
As good as Seidel has been it sounds funny to say he surprised me, but man he was unstoppable. Pa's guys at 120 and 126 certainly made some statements.

If Hutcherson accepted the invitation to train with NLWC, which he earned by winning the US Open U15s, then that's a much stronger PSU tie than a couple guys who graduated from college before he entered junior high.
My buddy said he heard from Hutchersons high school coach that he does go train at NLWC. Not sure how true that is but he did say that.

Most likely late to this party, but I am digging the PA singlets. Pirates and Phillies. Next year I Heard Steelers and Eagles. Then Penguins and Flyers. I am loving them.

Also what Happened to the Director? Fired two weeks out. Then something about pa power hired him? Has to be a juicy story.
He did well with the media part

Reactions: AtownPoke
MN in third in JR GR behind Illinois and Oklahoma. OK still catchable. CO nipping on our heels in 4th.

…PA in 5th 👀😂

MN in third in JR GR behind Illinois and Oklahoma. OK still catchable. CO nipping on our heels in 4th.

…PA in 5th 👀😂
What is GR? When does this happen? Where?
season 2 episode 6 GIF

…PA in 5th 👀😂
CO going all in on greco. A number of tough kids are only wrestling greco for them. Leister Bowling who is an Iowa commit only wrestled greco and placed 4th at 157. Landon Drury won it all at 138 and didn’t wrestle free. Last one I noticed was Patrick Brackett who took 5th at 157. CO also had the 2 finalists at 150 with Dean winning over Reece. Dean also placed 8th in freestyle. I can’t say I’ve seen another state doing this in regards to greco

Most likely late to this party, but I am digging the PA singlets. Pirates and Phillies. Next year I Heard Steelers and Eagles. Then Penguins and Flyers. I am loving them.

Also what Happened to the Director? Fired two weeks out. Then something about pa power hired him? Has to be a juicy story.
He did well with the media part
The Pirates singlets were really cool.

A few double champs at 16U

88/94-Ariah Mills (GA)
106-Hayden Schwab (IA)
165-Aaron Stewart (IL)

And 1 in juniors

100-Michael Rundell (IL)

I think Stewart is a FULL COURT PRESS!!
Stewart was the most impressive wrestler I watched at fargo, at least on Flo. He looked explosive as JB

I just went back and watched some matches from the U20 level at the us open mainly at 57 kg. I think sometimes I forget just how good Lilledahl is. Seidel looked absolutely incredible at Fargo and looked great at the open as well but Lilledahl teched him 10-0 in the first period. He is so good at taking away his opponents strengths. Seidel is deadly from an underhook but he never once got to that position against Luke. Jax has the best throw by/passby in the country but Lilledahl is the one guy who has figured it out. He got hit with it in their first couple matches but in the last 3 Luke has went 3-0 and has pretty much shut Jax down in his best position. It’s really impressive to always wrestle matches on your term and from your best positions and Luke does that as well as anyone I’ve seen

CO going all in on greco. A number of tough kids are only wrestling greco for them. Leister Bowling who is an Iowa commit only wrestled greco and placed 4th at 157. Landon Drury won it all at 138 and didn’t wrestle free. Last one I noticed was Patrick Brackett who took 5th at 157. CO also had the 2 finalists at 150 with Dean winning over Reece. Dean also placed 8th in freestyle. I can’t say I’ve seen another state doing this in regards to greco
Is "Leister Bowling" where you don't roll a ball, you run down the lane and shove the pins out the back?

I think some of the old OTC guys have started clubs around and with there already being some tough athletes and clubs, the training is spreading. Good for them!

Are we recruiting Adam Waters? Just watched some of his matches. He is a upper weight monster

Wish we had a shot at Rocco Dellagatta. He is a Cornell commit…class of 25. Went from 175 to 285 in one year (he was cutting heavy for 175 because big brother was 190). Now he is walking around at like 245 and really just now getting into serious weight training. Grew up with “Uncle Gene” Mills, and “Uncle Andre” Metzger plus three time US Open Champ Dad training him. Kid is a beast. Not sure Cole is our future at HWT. He seems too small…I know Ant the Champ wasnt all that big…but I wish we had a true 285. Rocco has one more year in high school, then probably a gray shirt year in Ithica…three years from now he will be on the podium.

Wish we had a shot at Rocco Dellagatta. He is a Cornell commit…class of 25. Went from 175 to 285 in one year (he was cutting heavy for 175 because big brother was 190). Now he is walking around at like 245 and really just now getting into serious weight training. Grew up with “Uncle Gene” Mills, and “Uncle Andre” Metzger plus three time US Open Champ Dad training him. Kid is a beast. Not sure Cole is our future at HWT. He seems too small…I know Ant the Champ wasnt all that big…but I wish we had a true 285. Rocco has one more year in high school, then probably a gray shirt year in Ithica…three years from now he will be on the podium.
Seen him wrestle many times and agree he is good but I don’t see him as someone to recruit over Cole. I think it was Powerade that he was handled by the kid from state college?

Reactions: District four
I agree here.
Off topic, but still juicy!
Heard at the watering hole, Correa leaving Michigan.
Wouldn't be shocked if he landed at Illinois or Pudue (his 2 other OVs). I think he was a kid that recruited Cael and PSU more than vice versa, ultimate tweener and I think Cole is going to be fantastic but we might need to wait a bit as he gets used to wrestling bigger guys whereas I see Connor being a superstar whenever he is summoned.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
Informative article on Flo regarding the phenomenal growth of wrestlers competing at Fargo since 2011. Since 2011 the number of participating wrestlers has more than doubled to over 8K wrestlers competing this year. In particular, 16U WFS went from 81 in 2011 to 838 this year!

Informative article on Flo regarding the phenomenal growth of wrestlers competing at Fargo since 2011. Since 2011 the number of participating wrestlers has more than doubled to over 8K wrestlers competing this year. In particular, 16U WFS went from 81 in 2011 to 838 this year!

hilarious that he misspelled "Brobdingnagian"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT