ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

Don't get me wrong here. I can't even lock out even close to that much weight, but the 90* comment is cringe worthy when he's really going to about 45.
I was at triple bodyweight squats through much of my training life until I got too much damage in my shoulders, but At a lighter weight I could do similar, it just accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
Awesome post. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the first guy to run a marathon die? Thought I read or heard that somewhere.

It’s insane the amount of punishment the human body can put up with. In most everything it is our minds that hold us back.
Jim Fix was a big name in the running world who died of a heart attack in his 50's while on a run.

To add to this, we have different goals and needs. I'm currently nursing a torn meniscus on my right side and over did my PT aggravating it. I might be able to get back to some squatting, but it's going to be awhile.

Also, are you built to powerlift? not everyone should make heavy lifting their hobby, some are more naturally inclined towards strength sports. It took me a lot of extra work to maintain myself into my late 50s a lifting. And this work started in my middle teenage years.

No, not mesomorphic enough, plus I have a mildly hypoextensive left elbow that kills my bench.

I am finally learning that it isn't necessary or even desirable or possible to go balls out all the time. Impending social security eligibility will do that.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
No, not mesomorphic enough, plus I have a mildly hypoextensive left elbow that kills my bench.

I am finally learning that it isn't necessary or even desirable or possible to go balls out all the time. Impending social security eligibility will do that.
I'm naturally inclined strength wise, but even I got old and it happened starting early 50s then accelerated lol.

And it was only 40km (approx. 25 miles). In fact, the marathon race itself was 40km until the 1908 Olympics when the Queen of England had them lengthen it to 26.2 miles because she wanted it to start at Windsor Castle and finish in front of the Royal box in the Olympic stadium. Supposedly runners curse the Queen at mile 25, but I’ve never heard anyone do so in the six I’ve run.
Wow, never heard that before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT