ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari in Black and Gold

Sincerely, you seem like a good dude. The good fans don't deserve this.
That was my way of avoiding an argument that’s been had 1,000 times on every wrestling forum. I think if you searched my history on that “other board” you find my thoughts on the matter.

Personally I don’t l think my personality would mesh with him well, but I’ve been in a college room with 30 some odd guys and have thought that before and been wrong.

As for what fans deserve, well that’s probably a more complicated question.

Total reps: 0
RfLO4r.gif

Ronnie Coleman had a string of eight Mr Olympia titles, and now at the age of 59 he literally can’t walk without assistance.
Attributes it to lifting heavy weights. Not sure what AJ is trying to accomplish, but nobody ever knows what he is trying to accomplish I guess.

He's Iowa's guy.
I’m sure every school has someone that they wish wasn’t associated with them. Hell some athletes have committed murder while in college.

To be fair, Aj has yet to wrestle for Iowa, and if I were to be honest I’d say I’d be surprised if he does. Imo it’s a bit early to call him a Hawkeye, though it does appear they are courting him.

Last edited:
I’m sure every school has someone that they wish wasn’t associated with them. Hell some athletes have committed murder while in college.

To be fair, Aj has yet to wrestle for Iowa, and if I were to be honest I’d say I’d be surprised if he does. Imo it’s a bit early to call him a Hawkeye, though it does appear they are courting him.
I agree with you, but it's still fun to give you shit. 😉

His knees were at 90 deg, lol.

He's the king of bragging about bad form. Somebody should send his tweets to Mark Rippetoe and then we'd see real fire in the response.

I'd like to hear OE Fitness introducing him with "Oil Right. You Guys"...

Funny thing about that first paragraph is now that the zebra has shown his stripes, no one has have that wish. No one.

Wrestling, like most things, is a privilege and not a right. His salute proved that his past behavior is likely to continue.

Funny thing about that first paragraph is now that the zebra has shown his stripes, no one has have that wish. No one.

Wrestling, like most things, is a privilege and not a right. His salute proved that his past behavior is likely to continue.
I’m confused by the phrasing you use after the comma in the first graph? What do you mean? I think it’s a typo or an extra word thrown in but it’s definitely clouding your reasoning from me.

I’m confused by the phrasing you use after the comma in the first graph? What do you mean? I think it’s a typo or an extra word thrown in but it’s definitely clouding your reasoning from me.
Am guessing there was a little Saturday Night Beer O'Clock in there ...

Maybe there was a missing word, such as "no one has to have that wish"?

Nope - it happened just as I described it.. I’m 74 and can still remember my phone number from when I was in Jr HS. (Same Jr HS that Ed Ruth attended) So no memory loss either.

But also keep in mind that my choice of schools back then was Penn State, not Iowa. Clear evidence that I was making smarter choices at that age. 😁
I'm actually an Arizona State grad so I can't comment either way on that front. LOL. :)

• Haha
Reactions: AgSurfer
I'm actually an Arizona State grad so I can't comment either way on that front. LOL. :)
If you went to ASU, what caused you to be a Hawk fan? Also, what do you think of the job that Zeke is doing? My thoughts are that he seems to have made a difference with the quality of the program since he took over as head coach.

I am a heckeye fan that doesn't want Ferrarri

He has not gotten any better in the last 3 years.
He would only regress more in our room.

If you went to ASU, what caused you to be a Hawk fan? Also, what do you think of the job that Zeke is doing? My thoughts are that he seems to have made a difference with the quality of the program since he took over as head coach.
I grew up in Sioux City, Iowa, so was a diehard Iowa Hawks fan. After graduating HS in Sioux City, I joined the Army, and after 8 years of enlisted service I decided to try the officer side of the house, which required me to complete my bachelors degree. Since my brother at that time was serving in the Air Force at Luke AFB, about 30 mins from the ASU campus I chose ASU. Actually it was proximity to my brother and the fact that ASU gave me a full ride ROTC scholarship, which an obligation to go back on active duty service. It was good being close to family and the weather was perfect all year round. And just coming out of three years in Hawaii, I wanted no part of those Iowa winters.

WRT ASU's wreslting program under Zeke Jones, I think he and his staff are doing an excellent job. It took him a while to get where we wanted to be, but the last four years they've finished 4, 4, 7 and 6, which is pretty impressive against the B10's top tier teams along with Okie State, Cornell, Mizzou, VA Tech, etc. Like Iowa, I think he could do better with more top 10 and top 20 recruits, but overall I think he's done very well. Clearly PSU destroyed the field this past year, but Zeke and company finished within 7.5 or 8 points of second place...pretty impressive by any standard. Thanks for the discussion! :)

Awesome post. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the first guy to run a marathon die? Thought I read or heard that somewhere.

It’s insane the amount of punishment the human body can put up with. In most everything it is our minds that hold us back.
Yup, a greek( can't spell his name) ran from Marathon to Athens to tell them they defeated the Persians.

Yup, a greek( can't spell his name) ran from Marathon to Athens to tell them they defeated the Persians.
And it was only 40km (approx. 25 miles). In fact, the marathon race itself was 40km until the 1908 Olympics when the Queen of England had them lengthen it to 26.2 miles because she wanted it to start at Windsor Castle and finish in front of the Royal box in the Olympic stadium. Supposedly runners curse the Queen at mile 25, but I’ve never heard anyone do so in the six I’ve run.

And it was only 40km (approx. 25 miles). In fact, the marathon race itself was 40km until the 1908 Olympics when the Queen of England had them lengthen it to 26.2 miles because she wanted it to start at Windsor Castle and finish in front of the Royal box in the Olympic stadium. Supposedly runners curse the Queen at mile 25, but I’ve never heard anyone do so in the six I’ve run.
Didn't know it was the Queen I was supposed to be cursing, instead of just the air.

Reactions: mcpat
I think my cursing would have started at about mile two given the state of my cardio today!

• Haha
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT