ADVERTISEMENT

First Announced Match of the next NLWC Event

Since Carter redshirted last year, does that mean participating in this event would not impact eligibility for the upcoming season?

Reactions: nitlion6
Skatzka wrestled Senior Nationals this weekend at 86kg - went 1-2 with a win of Kraisser, a loss by tech to Taylor Lujan and a 6-4 loss to Storm teammate Brett Pfarr.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Is this confirmed Freestyle?

I'm super interested in seeing how C-Star does against a legit AA type guy.

Reactions: PABulldogs
Any chance we see Bartlett at this event ?

And if next year is a free year of eligibility for everyone, then any thoughts on what Beau does? Looks to move up to 49?

Any chance we see Bartlett at this event ?

And if next year is a free year of eligibility for everyone, then any thoughts on what Beau does? Looks to move up to 49?

Not sure where the idea of a free year of eligibility is coming from but I don't see that happening. I think what is being talked about is a free year of redshirting. IOW someone that has already redshirted could do so again if they want. We aren't going to see any 5x AAs because of this.

Not sure where the idea of a free year of eligibility is coming from but I don't see that happening. I think what is being talked about is a free year of redshirting. IOW someone that has already redshirted could do so again if they want. We aren't going to see any 5x AAs because of this.
First of all, I know nothing, just listen to FRL discussions, but my take is it depends on what you are trying to incentivize. I think that the teams were all hearing about short seasons and who knows if there would be a spike that would cause a cancellation of championships, so the safe route is to redshirt if possible. The NCAA is trying to limit mass red shirting and therefor a “less interesting” season.

Your mention of extra redshirts would drive more wrestlers towards redshirting. So, again, it depends on what the NCAA is trying to get to, more competition or more red shirts. Supposedly they are voting today so we will find out.

note- my clumsy phrasing saying less interesting, because I do believe that guys put it all in when wrestling, so even if it is not the big named P4P guys it is a dis-service to say less interesting. Please understand it was just for discussion purposes, I do not mean to demean any wrestler

Last edited:

This is big for Beau.

Wow. They clearly think pretty highly of Bartlett to match him against a national runner-up. I know he was highly recruited but he is still just a freshman. Have to think they believe this match is going to competitive whatever the result. I would have thought Meredith would be a little tougher than Zacherl but that is based off of folkstyle results so I am kind of surprised that Lee has Zacherl. Either way, looking forward to it!

Curious what weight is agreed to for Bartlett/Meredith?
Meredith goes vs Desanto on 11/1, so maybe Beau isn't really near 149?
Thinking ahead [the redshirt stuff], I still believe Lee is @141 regardless and BB then decides if he wants to go up and challenge the 49's for a line up spot.

Reactions: tewlepz
If the Scuffle wasn’t enough notice for the rest of the country, they will all find out soon enough.

I hope he’s been working on his top game. He has some serious Zain-like qualities on top, if not the proficiency (yet). That’s why I’m personally hoping it’s folk, but, I also realize Skatzka is graduated and moved on to Freestyle.

Per Flo, D1 Council voted yesterday for the free year. Scholarship issues exist however.

Bekzod vs Nestor Taffur is the next match in the card. Saw it on Gilman’s instastory, which I can’t share here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron101 and tewlepz
Holy Cow! The Bartlett vs Meredith matchup is fascinating. If he can hang with Meredith, it's gotta mean he's ready to go on day 1, right? If so, at what weight?

So, we have
Nolf vs Bubba
AB vs Pfarr
RBY vs Shelton Mack
Starocci vs Skatzka
Nick vs Zacherl
Beau vs Meredith
Bekzod Abdurakhmonov vs Nestor Taffur

That is 7 so far, Roar hinted at just under 10, so, taking a giant leap of faith, 9 matches. Bo said he might wrestle and asked who he should wrestle. That would leave one other. Obviously not Kyle Snyder, DT? VJ, Beard?

Just saw the post above saying DT on color, so not him.....

So, we have
Nolf vs Bubba
AB vs Pfarr
RBY vs Shelton Mack
Starocci vs Skatzka
Nick vs Zacherl
Beau vs Meredith

That is 7 so far, Roar hinted at just under 10, so, taking a giant leap of faith, 9 matches. Bo said he might wrestle and asked who he should wrestle. That would leave one other. Obviously not Kyle Snyder, DT? VJ, Beard?

According to link above, also:

Kerk vs. Demetrius Thomas

plus 2 women's matches:
Jane Valencia vs. Vayle-Rae Baker
Alejandra Romero vs. Alexis Porter

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
why isnt DT competing ?

Gotta have someone willing to step up to the plate for that to happen, first and foremost.

I can't imagine there are plenty of people who want to get smoked without at least a national title, $$$, worlds or Olympic berth on the line. Myles Martin got paid to get shelled by DT; I don't think people showing up to the NLWC events are making real money.

Reactions: hlstone and RandyL
So, we have
Nolf vs Bubba
AB vs Pfarr
RBY vs Shelton Mack
Starocci vs Skatzka
Nick vs Zacherl
Beau vs Meredith

PSU Athletics article says Cenzo will wrestle, opponent TBD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT