ADVERTISEMENT

Former Iowa State Wrestler Ricky Lundell Shares Wisdom Cael & Cody Sanderson Passed Onto Him

That was helpful to me...thanks for posting this. This crossed my mind before when thinking about Cael's philosophy of wrestling and coaching, but after listening to this something clicked that I want to apply in my own life. I'm no longer an athlete competing, but I can apply this philosophy into my daily life, work, and personal habits. The two things I've learned from Cael.

Be grateful....have gratitude for the opportunities you have. I have a lot to be thankful for. A good job that I love, but after years of work, I have a tendency to treat it like a grind. Same with my eating and workout habits.​
Make it fun. Work and personal chores and work out/diet regimen can be challenging....a grind sometimes, but why not make it fun?​
I'm grateful to Cael and the approach he has brought to PSU, and the success he has given us. He's a great man......we are very lucky to have him! I'm grateful for Coach Cael and what he has taught our wrestlers and me. 🙂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT