ADVERTISEMENT

From Butler to Shoop

PSU1983PHAN

Sep 10, 2015
Shoop inherited many of the same players Butler had. But he was able to turn that same unit from 50th in the nation to a top 5 defense.

That's proof that coaching/scheme, etc matters. It's not the end all be all, but you need some combination of coaching, talent, system and chemistry to be successful. On offense it seems we may be lacking in all 4 categories. Just some food for thought.

Shoop inherited many of the same players Butler had. But he was able to turn that same unit from 50th in the nation to a top 5 defense.

That's proof that coaching/scheme, etc matters. It's not the end all be all, but you need some combination of coaching, talent, system and chemistry to be successful. On offense it seems we may be lacking in all 4 categories. Just some food for thought.

What does that say about OB's offense being 9th out of 12 teams in 2013?

What does that say about OB's offense being 9th out of 12 teams in 2013?

Hey just wondering if you noticed the comparison from 2011 to 2012? The improvements were vast.

And it's been pointed out that your 9th out of 12 teams meme is false. Did you pick a # out of a hat?

OB had some bad game plans in 2013. Namely Minnesota and Illinois.

The only major difference is that the Defense went from BFOOB(*) to Shoop, an actual Defensive Coordinator. I've caught glimpses of the Houston Texans secondary....they also play a version of Butler's Bend & Break coverage complete with playing off the opponents WR's at the LOS (but not as much as he had our DB's playing back)

BFOOB - Best Friend Of O'Brien

The only major difference is that the Defense went from BFOOB(*) to Shoop, an actual Defensive Coordinator. I've caught glimpses of the Houston Texans secondary....they also play a version of Butler's Bend & Break coverage complete with playing off the opponents WR's at the LOS (but not as much as he had our DB's playing back)

Exactly my point. And if we go from BFOJF* to an actual Offensive Coordinator, we might see significant improvements.

BFOJF - Best Friend Of James Franklin

Dbacks coach for the Texans is Butler. I just looked it up. I had no idea. Maybe Bill doesn't have as good of a grasp on reality as I thought.

Exactly my point. And if we go from BFOJF* to an actual Offensive Coordinator, we might see significant improvements.

BFOJF - Best Friend Of James Franklin
Ahhhhh.....now I understand.

That's why the Pitt defense is now as good as the MSU defenses were from 2010-2014.......
And why the Pitt offense of 2012-2014 was as effective as the Wisconsin 44 points-per-game offense of 2011.

Now I get it.

Also confirms that Tom Bradley sucks.....since the WVU defense is now #1 in the country

This shit is easy!!!!! Hire Tony Gibson and Art Briles' Boy.....sit back and collect MNC trophies!!

:)

Butler was overmatched as a defensive coordinator. I was surprised when BOB took him to Houston with him.

Reactions: PSU1983PHAN
Ahhhhh.....now I understand.

That's why the Pitt defense is now as good as the MSU defenses were from 2010-2014.......
And why the Pitt offense of 2012-2014 was as effective as the Wisconsin 44 points-per-game offense of 2011.

Now I get it.

Also confirms that Tom Bradley sucks.....since the WVU defense is now #1 in the country

This shit is easy!!!!! Hire Tony Gibson and Art Briles' Boy.....sit back and collect MNC trophies!!

:)

Why was there such a huge improvement from Butler to Shoop? Did the players improve so much from having 1 year in the system? If you claim that's the reason, then that means the O-Line who still isn't getting it done should have improved that substantially. Your logic would mean that Hand isn't cutting it.

Why was there such a huge improvement from Butler to Shoop? Did the players improve so much from having 1 year in the system? If you claim that's the reason, then that means the O-Line who still isn't getting it done should have improved that substantially. Your logic would mean that Hand isn't cutting it.
LOL

th

th

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT