ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs Georgia Tech

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Hoping for GT win; will be tough. Live in FL and tired of hearing/reading FSU should have made playoff, over and over, unfortunately they lost QB. FSU still made major bowl and were "narrowly" edged out by Georgia,

Reactions: brupsu
FSU was rightfully left out last year. I'm just excited for some real football. Hopefully it's a good game and isn't no longer worth watching at by 1pm lol

Reactions: Westcoast24
The early start tomorrow from Ireland reminded me of our game there. An elderly door to door preacher came a knocking with his "grandaughter" who was about 5 and cute as a button in her church outfit.

I tried my best to be polite- but dude was interrupting game action. Chased him off in an UnChristian way. Believe in whatever you like- but if you want to try and recruit me to your eternal team- do not do it during a PSU football game!

Hoping for GT win; will be tough. Live in FL and tired of hearing/reading FSU should have made playoff, over and over, unfortunately they lost QB. FSU still made major bowl and were "narrowly" edged out by Georgia,
Georgia barely squeaked by

FSU was rightfully left out last year. I'm just excited for some real football. Hopefully it's a good game and isn't no longer worth watching at by 1pm lol
I wouldn't say rightfully. That's like saying PSU was rightfully denied NCs in 1969 and 1994. Or when OSU made the playoffs ahead of PSU even though PSU was BiG champion.

FSU was an unfortunate victim of a bad system. Alabama would have been the victim if FSU was selected #4.

I've long been a fan of an 8 team playoff but we got a 12 team playoff instead. In either case the 9th or 13th ranked team is likely to feel cheated but those teams would have a difficult time claiming they should have been #1.

Last edited:
The early start tomorrow from Ireland reminded me of our game there. An elderly door to door preacher came a knocking with his "grandaughter" who was about 5 and cute as a button in her church outfit.

I tried my best to be polite- but dude was interrupting game action. Chased him off in an UnChristian way. Believe in whatever you like- but if you want to try and recruit me to your eternal team- do not do it during a PSU football game!
He had no idea you were a watching a PSU game.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I wouldn't say rightfully. That's like saying PSU was rightfully denied NCs in 1969 and 1994. Or when OSU made the playoffs ahead of PSU even though PSU was BiG champion.

FSU was an unfortunate victim of a bad system. Alabama would have been the victim if FSU was selected #4.

I've long been a fan of an 8 team playoff but we got a 12 team playoff instead. In either case the 9th or 13th ranked team is likely to feel cheated but those teams would have a difficult time claiming they should have been #1.
I agree with it being a bad system but in a 4 team playoff they were clearly 6th. Georgia should have been ahead of them as well.

The playoff expanding is great and you're right the first team out (or couple teams) will always complain but FSU wasn't anywhere near good enough last year especially after they lost their QB. Just reality

In 69 and 94 had their been any kind of playoff we would have gotten our shot.

Agree. I don't like FSU but I despise the system more. This was straight money grab by CFP committee, crushing the spirits of lots of FSU players who sacrificed yet dream crushed. They did nothing wrong. I can't, as a PSU fan, be happy with FSU situation knowing how we have been screwed at least three-four times in past. It also makes me sick to see UM, OSU, AL, USC, TEXAS, OK always get red carpet treatment bc of money draw.

Agree. I don't like FSU but I despise the system more. This was straight money grab by CFP committee, crushing the spirits of lots of FSU players who sacrificed yet dream crushed. They did nothing wrong. I can't, as a PSU fan, be happy with FSU situation knowing how we have been screwed at least three-four times in past.
Let's not forget the ACC didn't want the expanded playoff to start last year. They have no one to blame but the ACC as they'd have been in the playoff under the current format.

Records never tell the full story. Can't get a much softer 13-0 than they did. It was like a G5 level schedule. The ACCG exposed them against a very weak team.

Georgia barely squeaked by
"squeezed" by, note the quote marks, not going to check, what was it 60 points? Again, here in FL writers moan about the "injustice". I don't listen to talk radio but imagine talk is the same. Just lose FSU

Reactions: brupsu
Let's not forget the ACC didn't want the expanded playoff to start last year. They have no one to blame but the ACC as they'd have been in the playoff under the current format.

Records never tell the full story. Can't get a much softer 13-0 than they did. It was like a G5 level schedule. The ACCG exposed them against a very weak team.
They beat LSU, Clemson, ranked Duke and Lville (ACC champ on third string QB). They also beat in state rivals FL and Miami. Those are tough games even if both are a bit down. How it that really soft? Look at Clemson's schedules when they made CFPs even losing to Syracuse and Pitt. ACC is a joke overall but FSU was deserving of a spot

They beat LSU, Clemson, ranked Duke and Lville (ACC champ on third string QB). They also beat in state rivals FL and Miami. Those are tough games even if both are a bit down. How it that really soft? It was not
LSU lost to basically everyone with a pulse last year--they do get a ton of credit for scheduling that game--much like us when we beat a bad Auburn team
Clemson was 4-4 in a bad ACC
They only beat Duke because Leonard was injured--they scored 21 unanswered to win that
Louisville was absolute garbage last year
Again, the ACC was horrible in 2023
Florida and Miami were flat out bad teams--rival or not

Florida State gets credit for beating LSU last year--that was by far their best win
Let's also discuss the reality that they struggled with Pitt and BC

Did you watch the Louisville game? If so, did you at any point during that game think "this team could beat Michigan, Alabama or Georgia"?

LSU lost to basically everyone with a pulse last year--they do get a ton of credit for scheduling that game--much like us when we beat a bad Auburn team
Clemson was 4-4 in a bad ACC
They only beat Duke because Leonard was injured--they scored 21 unanswered to win that
Louisville was absolute garbage last year
Again, the ACC was horrible in 2023
Florida and Miami were flat out bad teams--rival or not

Florida State gets credit for beating LSU last year--that was by far their best win
Let's also discuss the reality that they struggled with Pitt and BC

Did you watch the Louisville game? If so, did you at any point during that game think "this team could beat Michigan, Alabama or Georgia"?
LSU won 10 games, dingbat. Miami won 7 games, not great but not terrible team. FL had damn tough schedule at end and lost to 4 ranked teams.,,but what bearing does this have? So this is how we should treat CFP decisions now? Might as well get Don King promote games if we only look for money/entertainment and not deserving teams,

Last edited:
LSU won 10 games, dingbat. What bearing does this have? So this is how we should treat CFP decisions now? Might as well get Don King promote games if we only look for money/entertainment and not deserving teams,
Stop counting bowl games with their record--bowl games means nothing. LSU went 9-3 (6-2). Of those 9 wins they include Grambling State, Army and Georgia State plus 4 SEC teams that had a losing record. They beat Missouri and a 7-5 A&M but that's a great team? Come on.
See our bowl game last year--it meant nothing about how good we were or what our expectations were this year.
What bearing does it have? The purpose was to put the best 4 teams (not the best 4 records) in the playoff...which they almost got right aside from leaving

Apparently people disagree since we dropped 3 spots in the polls.
My head hurts--that poll doesn't matter--the season was over for all but 4 teams
You all have to stop living in the past.
If you actually think our bowl game meant a damn thing about how good we were last year or what we're capable of this year than you're an idiot. Period. Be better.
I can't believe you just referenced a poll after the bowl games lol

More importantly, Ga Tech is putting up a nice fight and I hope our offense looks a little like FSU's

Stop counting bowl games with their record--bowl games means nothing. LSU went 9-3 (6-2). Of those 9 wins they include Grambling State, Army and Georgia State plus 4 SEC teams that had a losing record. They beat Missouri and a 7-5 A&M but that's a great team? Come on.
See our bowl game last year--it meant nothing about how good we were or what our expectations were this year.
What bearing does it have? The purpose was to put the best 4 teams (not the best 4 records) in the playoff...which they almost got right aside from leaving
Evaluate Michigan's schedule dingbat. We were probably a lesser team than LSU. Who did we beat? OSU was only great win and OSU was not super strong.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
Evaluate Michigan's schedule dingbat. We were probably a lesser team than LSU. Who did we beat? OSU was only great win and OSU was not super strong.
Michigan beat us and Ohio State which gives them a clear advantage despite the rest of their schedule being garbage
We beat no one but we beat everyone we were supposed to--LSU didn't

My head hurts--that poll doesn't matter--the season was over for all but 4 teams
It obviously matters to some people or else they wouldn't do it.

Here's something else you won't understand. Mississippi players and fans think they were a top 10 team last year.

It obviously matters to some people or else they wouldn't do it.

Here's something else you won't understand. Mississippi players and fans think they were a top 10 team last year.
OMG--they do it to create conversation--it doesn't matter.
Ole Miss players and fans can think whatever they want--it just makes them as delusional as you for thinking our bowl game proved they were better than us when we didn't even care.

Michigan beat us and Ohio State which gives them a clear advantage despite the rest of their schedule being garbage
We beat no one but we beat everyone we were supposed to--LSU didn't
LSU lost to two of top 5 teams in AL and FSU. They lost to Ole Miss who finished top 10. You really should stop.

It’s a new season. Why does every thread need to destroyed with nonsense. The thread was about the game today which has been good so far.

Eh, it's people talking! Lol

Fun game so far. GaTech playing good so far. Seminoles missing a lot of players from last year right now.

DJ U just has a thing about him. Smells like 8-4. But it's early.

Well we’ve just had our first half 2 minute warning. That should add a few more commercials and guarantee almost 4 hour games.

More importantly, Ga Tech is putting up a nice fight and I hope our offense looks a little like FSU's
Using your reasoning, FSU should win this game 100 times out of 100. FSU is a team with a good chance to make the playoffs. GT FPI is 55 and they are expected to win 4.9 games. Why would anyone even watch this game? 😆

Reactions: GSPMax
Using your reasoning, FSU should win this game 100 times out of 100. FSU is a team with a good chance to make the playoffs. GT FPI is 55 and they are expected to win 4.9 games. Why would anyone even watch this game? 😆
When did I ever say you wouldn't watch a game? People should watch Penn State-WVU. People should watch every game so they can actually speak about teams.
FSU also only is proejcted to win 8.9--they're not elite
And yes, FSU should win this game every time--if they don't, like if we lose to WVU, it tells you more about FSU than Ga Tech
If FSU was in the Big Ten or SEC that number would be 6.9

Norvell has wasted a good minute of the final 2.

Tech has had 2 bad penalties. The one has cost them 3 pts instead of forcing a punt. Let's see if the other bites them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT