ADVERTISEMENT

Game 9: PSU @ Minnesota, TCF Stadium, Nov 9th, noon EST

iu

I don't believe there is a PSU bar in the Quarter.
Let me know how your trip goes. NOLA is my favorite Southern city.
Thanks a lot, 2UNC. Think I need to go to a place with a lot of TV's since the Bama-LSU game will be on this Saturday as well, and that will obviously command the bulk of the attention from folks in NOLA. I will let you know how it went.

Thanks a lot, 2UNC. Think I need to go to a place with a lot of TV's since the Bama-LSU game will be on this Saturday as well, and that will obviously command the bulk of the attention from folks in NOLA. I will let you know how it went.
Lots of TVs is probably a smart bet, although the LSU-Bama game is the 2:30 (local time) game, so you should probably be OK. Of the other early games, the UF game is the only one that might compete strongly for other TVs.

Have fun!

Let me guess Bear. Decided to stay in NOLA given Saturday's special guest in Tuscaloosa? ;)

Certainly PSU got some breaks, but the breaks that PSU gets are always those bang-bang, questionable calls that could go either way. I'd rather get the breaks that Michigan received. The glaring mistakes that had a direct scoreboard impact.
Bingo!

Let me guess Bear. Decided to stay in NOLA given Saturday's special guest in Tuscaloosa? ;)
Who is the special guest gonna be in Tuscaloosa?

Oh, wait. You gotta be kidding. Someone's gotta take a knee if it's who I think you mean ...

Doesn't PSU do a lot of automated measuring of various metrics (including sleep) to optimize performance? I think there was maybe a piece on this on Unrivaled(?) a season or two ago.
I believe so, and I don't think it's unque to PSU and Minnesota either. Analytics on anything and everything are the new normal. If the coaches can measure and track it, you can bet they are.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Lavar doesn't allow his tweets to be linked, for whatever reason.

iu

LaVar Leap Arrington
@LaVarArrington

@coachjfranklin
@PennStateFball
Lay this loss to rest for me

LaVar Leap Arrington
@LaVarArrington

·
18m

Aye brothers
@pennstatefball
please avenge this loss for me. Maybe this win will allow me to lay this day to rest in my emotions LETS GO STATE LBU y’all got my back? @freakkyy6ix @_micahparsons11
@emb_13
@ottawasveryown
@jan_johnson36
@b
._smith__ LETS RIDE
@shizzeee
@_groovy55
Worst game ever, I was there. Walking out after that loss is the quietest I've ever heard the stadium.

Reactions: odshowtime
College Football Playoff rankings predictions: Top 25 projections
WAYNE STAATS | NCAA.COM | NOVEMBER 5, 2019

NOTE: This is how I think the committee will rank the teams on Tuesday, Nov. 5.

1. LSU (8-0): I keep going between Ohio State and LSU for the top spot. The Buckeyes might have had a tougher schedule when it comes to depth, but the committee could value LSU's wins against Florida and Auburn more.
  2. Ohio State (8-0): The Buckeyes have an impressive collection of wins against AP ranked Cincinnati and Wisconsin and against a 7-2 Indiana squad. They have a strong claim to be the No. 1 team.
  3. Alabama (8-0): The Tide are No. 1 in the Coaches and No. 2 in the AP, but 'Bama might only be No. 3 in the initial CFP rankings because it lacks the top-end wins owned by Ohio State and LSU. But the top three (or four or five) teams likely won't be separated by much in the committee's discussion.
  4. Penn State (8-0): Clemson might very well land here. But here's thinking wins against Top 25 teams Iowa and Michigan are enough to place the Nittany Lions ahead of Clemson. But remember, things will shake out with Alabama-LSU and Penn State-Minnesota this week and Ohio State-PSU not far off.
  5. Clemson (9-0): Here's something to watch out for: Where will the committee rank Texas A&M? That's probably the Tigers' best win. If the Aggies slot surprisingly high on Tuesday, the Tigers might still land in the top four — especially if the committee talks about the "eye test." But Clemson might end up No. 5 for this week.

College Football Playoff rankings predictions: Top 25 projections
WAYNE STAATS | NCAA.COM | NOVEMBER 5, 2019

NOTE: This is how I think the committee will rank the teams on Tuesday, Nov. 5.

• LSU (8-0): I keep going between Ohio State and LSU for the top spot. The Buckeyes might have had a tougher schedule when it comes to depth, but the committee could value LSU's wins against Florida and Auburn more.
    • Ohio State (8-0): The Buckeyes have an impressive collection of wins against AP ranked Cincinnati and Wisconsin and against a 7-2 Indiana squad. They have a strong claim to be the No. 1 team.
    • Alabama (8-0): The Tide are No. 1 in the Coaches and No. 2 in the AP, but 'Bama might only be No. 3 in the initial CFP rankings because it lacks the top-end wins owned by Ohio State and LSU. But the top three (or four or five) teams likely won't be separated by much in the committee's discussion.
    • Penn State (8-0): Clemson might very well land here. But here's thinking wins against Top 25 teams Iowa and Michigan are enough to place the Nittany Lions ahead of Clemson. But remember, things will shake out with Alabama-LSU and Penn State-Minnesota this week and Ohio State-PSU not far off.
    • Clemson (9-0): Here's something to watch out for: Where will the committee rank Texas A&M? That's probably the Tigers' best win. If the Aggies slot surprisingly high on Tuesday, the Tigers might still land in the top four — especially if the committee talks about the "eye test." But Clemson might end up No. 5 for this week.

These predictions already show the hypocrisy of the committee. Many are predicting that PSU will be ahead of Clemson due to strength of schedule. But if that's true, why wouldn't PSU also be ahead of Bama? Their schedule hasn't been all that great either. But they like to move the goalposts depending on the team they are talking about, and they do so from week to week as well. This whole system is ridiculous.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT