ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: PSU - Temple

Let's NOT get the ball to Barkley on the outside. Let's continue to run him straight into a DL who has penetrated three yards into our backfield.:mad:

Different year, SAME pathetic OL!
ZERO ZERO ZERO rushing game!!!!!

Continued lack of production in the running game is very concerning.

So far, I down't like our run game scheming. The QB doesn't move much so the RB is starting slow and from the same position all of the time. We don't use a blocking TE so the LBs and DEs pretty much get a free run at the ball-carrier. Michigan is going to kill us. Unless the scheme changes to match our personnel better, we'll get very few if any points unless they hand us the game with turnovers.

Reactions: m.knox
3 weeks and still no running game. I like our tempo, short passing game and improving pass protection, but our run game is a joke. When we play halfway decent competition, Trace will get flattened .

The "He never missed" part is hilarious. These announcers (always liked Mason personally) are doing a good job IMO.

Our runs all involve Barkley stopping. Need to run him forward a little.

The read option isn't fooling anyone today, just like lack year. Mcsorley never keeps it. Temple smartly sells out on the rb.

Why don't they use Barkley as a decoy? The entire defense collapsed upon him on that series. Plus he looks a little tenative out there, which may have to do with his first quarter injury.

The read option isn't fooling anyone today, just like lack year. Mcsorley never keeps it. Temple smartly sells out on the rb.
I like McSorley but he is not quick enough to be a threat as a runner. He can get some yards on occasion, but the defense does not need to be overly concerned with him keeping the ball.

Reactions: psu00
Why don't they use Barkley as a decoy? The entire defense collapsed upon him on that series. Plus he looks a little tenative out there, which may have to do with his first quarter injury.
I think he looks tentative because he gets the ball at a standstill, takes one step forward, and is immediately in the face of a defensive lineman.

I think he looks tentative because he gets the ball at a standstill, takes one step forward, and is immediately in the face of a defensive lineman.

Yep. And he can't even choose a hole at that point and his first step is always backwards.

Need to get him the ball moving forward. Let him choose a hole and go.

LdN

Reactions: psu00
You need to coach your gunner blockers to turn the hell around and look for the ball.
PSU needs to overload the punters right side and not even allow him that much time to roll out and kick that kind of punt.

You need to coach your gunner blockers to turn the hell around and look for the ball.

So guys at the D-1 level shouldn't know how to do anything? They have to be coached to know basics?

The next jet sweep this D stops will be the first...tough break on the punt. Hopefully the O can put a drive together and we can breathe a bit easier the final few minutes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT