ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia/TCU

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Huge stand there by TCU to hold Georgia to 3 and keep it a 10 point game.
This could get away from TCU very fast if they don't put together a drive here.

I don’t sense that there is much buzz for this game.
Ehhh--it's hard to tell. A lot has happened in the last week with Hamlin's situation, NFL regular season ending, coaches being fired but there's probably 20M plus watching this.
TCU scoring there will keep people tuned in for now anyway.

Ohio State outplayed Georgia and lost their best receiver with two quarters to play.
On offense OSU can play with anyone...their D is cheeks. UGA has a tremendous roster on both sides

Yet OSU had multiple two score leads on them and missed a last second game winning field goal against them.
I think that was kind of a fluke though. Yes, Ohio State had a great game plan and played a great game but I think Georgia's significantly better than everyone else right now. The best team doesn't always win but I do think there's a gap.

Brock Bowers in the best player in college football IMO

Yet OSU had multiple two score leads on them and missed a last second game winning field goal against them.
No doubt...that's one side of the ball. If OSU had even a modicum of talent on D that they have had offensively, they would be unbeatable. But, Michigan has slaughtered them despite having inferior athletes

Stetson Bennett looks like that guy that murdered those college students in Idaho.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Georgia looks like they got 10 receivers every play. Seems like guys running everywhere.
Yeah, this is going to be as ugly as I thought it would be. Georgia just has too much talent and coaching for TCU to win this. Got to question Harbaugh's inability to beat them.

Reactions: PSUCYCLING
No doubt...that's one side of the ball. If OSU had even a modicum of talent on D that they have had offensively, they would be unbeatable. But, Michigan has slaughtered them despite having inferior athletes
Yeah, it’s amazing how poorly OSU’s defense has played the last several seasons considering how well they recruit. Look at how many points they gave up in their late October and November games like PSU, Maryland and Michigan. They’re just fortunate that they usually can outscore teams because they have so much talent on offense.

Yeah, it’s amazing how poorly OSU’s defense has played the last several seasons considering how well they recruit. Look at how many points they gave up in their late October and November games like PSU, Maryland and Michigan. They’re just fortunate that they usually can outscore teams because they have so much talent on offense.
And I think LJSRs impact has slowly disintegrated...unless they just can't recruit front 4 guys. I mean their talent imbalance on both sides of the ball is incredible the last few yrs. The Bosa's and Chase Young made them much more dangerous...when u don't have those all world game wreckers, it shows...i.e. PSUs defensive line too.

Yeah, this is going to be as ugly as I thought it would be. Georgia just has too much talent and coaching for TCU to win this. Got to question Harbaugh's inability to beat them.
It's only the first half, but yeah it might get pretty bad. Perhaps the close call last week lit a fire under Georgia.

Even if it's a blowout, got to hand it to TCU. Nobody expected them to be here before the season started. Probably including them, if you got an honest opinion from them.

Why do any announcers, much less experienced ones like the ones doing this game, get excited about an a 45 yard INT on 3rd and long when a punt would be coming next anyway?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
It's only the first half, but yeah it might get pretty bad. Perhaps the close call last week lit a fire under Georgia.

Even if it's a blowout, got to hand it to TCU. Nobody expected them to be here before the season started. Probably including them, if you got an honest opinion from them.
Oh I agree--they've had an amazing season win or lose (or blown out) tonight. I still think Michigan just flopped last week and TCU was really like the 8th or 9th best team but the system worked for them.

Why do any announcers, much less experienced ones like the ones doing this game, get excited about an a 45 yard INT on 3rd and long when a punt would be coming next anyway?
Well, on that one he had Quentin Johnston wide open for what would have been a huge play to keep them in the game. Plus, they need to try to keep people interested as they know where this is headed.

How late do you think he goes?
There's still reports he goes UDFA. I could see someone gambling in the 5th on a proven winner.
He's small, but that doesn't seem to matter as much these days. Definitely mobile.

Somebody will definitely draft him. 2X national champ QB. Capable of leading game winning drives.

The moment is too big for TCU. Duggan is overrated missing wide open guys with little to no pressure. Harbaugh's inability to beat them is confusing. The team looked unprepared and uninterested. Maybe he already had made up his mind to leave. Now we're left with this mismatch. A 12 team playoff will mean more blowouts like this because there will be more upsets but you can only catch lightning in a bottle for so long. Of course the other option is that the SEC just dominates every year which also might happen because they have 3 or 4 teams that can play UGA better than this especially if they have the time to prepare.

Reactions: 1AA
He's small, but that doesn't seem to matter as much these days. Definitely mobile.

Somebody will definitely draft him. 2X national champ QB. Capable of leading game winning drives

I tend to agree--hoping the Steelers use a mid-late round pick on him lol
I feel like he doesn't have that high ceiling people want but worst case he's an elite backup for the next 10-12 years.

A 12 team playoff will mean more blowouts like this because there will be more upsets but you can only catch lightning in a bottle for so long.
It will be the same as any other college playoff/March Madness. Yes, there will be blowouts (hell, Michigan blew out Ohio State and Penn State this year) but it's completely worth it to eliminate bowl games and for the occasional great games like we saw in the semis.

The moment is too big for TCU. Duggan is overrated missing wide open guys with little to no pressure. Harbaugh's inability to beat them is confusing. The team looked unprepared and uninterested. Maybe he already had made up his mind to leave. Now we're left with this mismatch. A 12 team playoff will mean more blowouts like this because there will be more upsets but you can only catch lightning in a bottle for so long. Of course the other option is that the SEC just dominates every year which also might happen because they have 3 or 4 teams that can play UGA better than this especially if they have the time to prepare.
Resources matter in football. The NFL has balance because they have a salary cap. College football has no such thing. All football universities will throw all the can at football and it all but a few will get completely left in the dust anyway. Meanwhile, the mission of universities will get (and already has been getting) farther and farther and farther from education.

If they're going to have such big time football they need to disconnect it from education. Just pay these guys whatever money there worth and don't make them be students anymore. Or barring that, make Football a major, which will make it obvious they're only there for football, but it's already obvious and having a Football major will at least make it more honest.

Reactions: 1AA
Resources matter in football. The NFL has balance because they have a salary cap. College football has no such thing. All football universities will throw all the can at football and it all but a few will get completely left in the dust anyway. Meanwhile, the mission of universities will get (and already has been getting) farther and farther and farther from education.

If they're going to have such big time football they need to disconnect it from education. Just pay these guys whatever money there worth and don't make them be students anymore. Or barring that, make Football a major, which will make it obvious they're only there for football, but it's already obvious and having a Football major will at least make it more honest.
You don't think there's guys at TCU just to play football? And every other school for that matter including Penn State? Aside from Navy, Army and Air Force let's not pretend they're all there for the academics.

You don't think there's guys at TCU just to play football? And every other school for that matter including Penn State? Aside from Navy, Army and Air Force let's not pretend they're all there for the academics.
Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to say that guys aren't at TCU just to play football. That's why they ought to just make Football a major.

Remember the good old days when some people would complain about academic standards being bent for athletes. You never hear that anymore. Is it because these guys have suddenly become good students? No, it's because even the minimum pretense of caring about academics is gone.

Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to say that guys aren't at TCU just to play football. That's why they ought to just make Football a major.

Remember the good old days when some people would complain about academic standards being bent for athletes. You never hear that anymore. Is it because these guys have suddenly become good students? No, it's because even the minimum pretense of caring about academics is gone.
Yeah, college football stopped pretending it isn't a big business. It's been a business since the 90s if not the 80s.

Georgia with pick--if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Harbaugh looks pathetic right now.

Who's in on the 50/50?

My number is 73544729985.

The winner started with 3

Ehhh--it's hard to tell. A lot has happened in the last week with Hamlin's situation, NFL regular season ending, coaches being fired but there's probably 20M plus watching this.
TCU scoring there will keep people tuned in for now anyway.
I'm betting there won't be 20 mil watching the 2nd half!

I'll watch it all because...

Georgia is really fun to watch.

What else am I going to watch? Another episode of Ancient Aliens?

It's the last game of the year. No good sports besides hockey. I despise basketball. Not much free college wrestling coverage. Pirates suck and aren't worth watching.

I'm betting there won't be 20 mil watching the 2nd half!
lol no one other than Georgia fans and those TCU fans desperately clinging to hope.
I won't lie--I'm enjoying watching this. Georgia's special. Kirby Smart is real close (if he hasn't already) to passing Saban as the best college coach.

I'll watch it all because...

Georgia is really fun to watch.

What else am I going to watch? Another episode of Ancient Aliens?

It's the last game of the year. No good sports besides hockey. I despise basketball. Not much free college wrestling coverage. Pirates suck and aren't worth watching.
Georgia is fun to watch. Brock Bowers alone is worth it.

Yeah, college football stopped pretending it isn't a big business. It's been a business since the 90s if not the 80s.

Georgia with pick--if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Harbaugh looks pathetic right now.
As long as they have people enrolled just to play football, they're still pretending. The fans have stopped pretending but the schools haven't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT