ADVERTISEMENT

Great 90s rock

although a remake of a song from the 70s I liked this version

Courtney Love stole her act from Kat Bjelland of Babes In Toyland.

7c3db2876ab853266738db55f9b75ece.jpg

We all had what we grew up with. Like I said, just funnin'. It's just...the 70's man...

No doubt the 70s were better overall, but the 90s were different in that it was almost entirely American bands leading the way.

Music has not been remotely close to that level since, with the exception of a few acts

This might be the perfect song for when you are young and crammed in some shitbox car with five friends while you are bombing half lost down some road and headed to the show.

Put away your cigarettes
And your high class attitude
Turn emotion to devotion
Baby I can see it in you too
We all hail hail from rock and roll
From behind a glass case

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95
No doubt the 70s were better overall, but the 90s were different in that it was almost entirely American bands leading the way.

Music has not been remotely close to that level since, with the exception of a few acts
And there hasn’t been much (any?) good rock since the 90’s ended.

Very little.

For a brief period in the mid-2000s there were some groups putting out some OK rock. The Killers, Arcade Fire, the White Stripes. But it was few and far between.

Most of the good acts since the 1990s have not been rock. Some good pop acts have come and gone. But not a whole lot

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

I know I sound like a broken record every time music threads start but TOOL has been better with every release they have (granted they may take 10 years) but still. For a band that formed in 1990 they have been more than relevant for 30 years. It’s actually been really a blessing for them that rock has gone by the wayside. It’s allowed them to put out music they really want to which includes 15 minute songs that wander and meander to a fantastic ending.

Maybe I’m just locked in the 90’s but their last release was my favorite with all the complexities and runs. If that’s how they end it I’ll be more than happy with that.

Very little.

For a brief period in the mid-2000s there were some groups putting out some OK rock. The Killers, Arcade Fire, the White Stripes. But it was few and far between.

Most of the good acts since the 1990s have not been rock. Some good pop acts have come and gone. But not a whole lot

Hmmm. I would say there hasn't been much rock that has become POPULAR since the 90's. But it is still being produced. If you never go looking for new interesting rock, you may think there is none.

But that is not true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT