ADVERTISEMENT

Great 90s rock

I know I sound like a broken record every time music threads start but TOOL has been better with every release they have (granted they may take 10 years) but still. For a band that formed in 1990 they have been more than relevant for 30 years. It’s actually been really a blessing for them that rock has gone by the wayside. It’s allowed them to put out music they really want to which includes 15 minute songs that wander and meander to a fantastic ending.

Maybe I’m just locked in the 90’s but their last release was my favorite with all the complexities and runs. If that’s how they end it I’ll be more than happy with that.
I’ve taken to listening to more beach country stuff lately. Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown, stuff like that.

FWIW, a sheela na gig is a midieval fertility totem seen all over Europe.

sheelafeat-1068x623.jpg
I thought the pics from the AustinNit thread were lost!!!

I’ve taken to listening to more beach country stuff lately. Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown, stuff like that.

Funny you say that...summertime to me means listening to Dirty Heads, Bryce Vine, Pepper, and any other laid back beach music I can get my hands on!

As others have said in this thread, music is a great thing when you make an effort to explore different things. I am sitting poolside right now listening to Iration with NO PLANS on moving!! Getting older and finding what makes you happy is a wonderful thing!

Funny you say that...summertime to me means listening to Dirty Heads, Bryce Vine, Pepper, and any other laid back beach music I can get my hands on!

As others have said in this thread, music is a great thing when you make an effort to explore different things. I am sitting poolside right now listening to Iration with NO PLANS on moving!! Getting older and finding what makes you happy is a wonderful thing!
I just discovered the Dirty Heads. I’ll say their lifestyles are much different than mine, but the music is good.

Reactions: jmorovich
I love this thread. Makes me reminisce. Went down to the music store on college to buy the GNR Use Your Illusion I & II that they sold at midnight. Not much of a music guy overall but waited in line to buy it anyway.

Our first party that weekend was to drink a bud light pony for every song as it played. Didn’t work out well for most. Scooter, Mutt and JoePa here’s to you wherever you are.

Two of the best albums of that decade, and they have held up over time.

If they had just released one 12-song album, with the 12 best tracks from those two, it may have been the greatest rock album ever.

Reactions: psualt and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT