ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets do a quick review of the IOWA vs PSU dual, for that betting guy. He wants to bet straight up??? I guess you could say, why wouldn't he!?!?!? I do not believe we are heavy favorites in any match, and not sure what matches we are actually favored in right now?

125 I have Ayala favored over whomever you roll out. Some on here seem to dis agree?

133 You have to be considered heavy favorites here although I am hopping Schiever will keep progressing and take this spot. Maybe he could steel one IF your guy isn't 100%

141 Woods is favored but it is a match that will be a battle!

149 with SVN hurt this weight becomes somewhat of a question mark. I believe we win here with TripleV3 or Ferrari who I believe may take this weight? I am sure you have another top kid in waiting?

157 looks to be 1 vs 2 but honestly our kid has not been wrestling like the #2. Long way to go before meet so i am hoping we are up to speed and can get an upset but you are favored.

165 I believe we are favored, you all seem to believe otherwise

174 Kennedy seems to be the man here. I am certainly hoping so and he gets back to 100%. Obviously you are favored but it should be a hard fought match

184 Hoping they roll out Arnold and I believe if they do he wins. Still you are favored and if not Arnold or possible Brands, then we are in trouble.

197 It appears AJ will be the man and if so It will be another war! Without AJ not very close.

Heavy I do not believe we see BIG BEN and I hope we do not get pinned!

So still a lot up in the air mostly on our side. that is where I get the 20 point spread from. have to remember we lost 3 starters to BS NCAA crap!!! Also very uncertain about who we wrestle at several weights.

I actually agree with IRONBIRD's analysis overall. For the dual, it should be close without SVN. Iowa is favored at 125, anyone who is trying to convince themselves they would take BD over DA right now (especially at CHA) is drinking major Kool Aid. Now if he comes out and knocks off Kaylor, DeAugustino then we can reevaluate but for now, based on results to date, absolutely you take DA. Similar story to 149, you can't pick Kasak over their 149 right now, let's see how he fares against Gomez and D'Emilio.

165 though, yes, we can agree to disagree but it's not too illogical to take the AA over the new guy but .... the new guy is good.

Question though, is there any reason we shouldn't expect to see Kueter? He'll be available by then.

Overall though, pretty level headed analysis 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Lets do a quick review of the IOWA vs PSU dual, for that betting guy. He wants to bet straight up??? I guess you could say, why wouldn't he!?!?!? I do not believe we are heavy favorites in any match, and not sure what matches we are actually favored in right now?

125 I have Ayala favored over whomever you roll out. Some on here seem to dis agree?

133 You have to be considered heavy favorites here although I am hopping Schiever will keep progressing and take this spot. Maybe he could steel one IF your guy isn't 100%

149 with SVN hurt this weight becomes somewhat of a question mark. I believe we win here with TripleV3 or Ferrari who I believe may take this weight? I am sure you have another top kid in waiting?

157 looks to be 1 vs 2 but honestly our kid has not been wrestling like the #2. Long way to go before meet so i am hoping we are up to speed and can get an upset but you are favored.

174 Kennedy seems to be the man here. I am certainly hoping so and he gets back to 100%. Obviously you are favored but it should be a hard fought match

184 Hoping they roll out Arnold and I believe if they do he wins. Still you are favored and if not Arnold or possible Brands, then we are in trouble.

197 It appears AJ will be the man and if so It will be another war! Without AJ not very close.

So still a lot up in the air mostly on our side. that is where I get the 20 point spread from. have to remember we lost 3 starters to BS NCAA crap!!! Also very uncertain about who we wrestle at several weights.
By your assessment, the results are:

125 IA Dec 3-0
133 PSU Dec 3-3 (maybe major)
141,IA Dec 6-3
149 IA Dec 9-3
157 PSU Dec 9-6
165 IA Dec 12-6
174 PSU MD 12-10
184 IA Dec 15-10 (assuming Gabe)
197 PSU Dec 15-13
HWT PSU pin 15-19

So, you’re predicting a 4-5 point loss, but demand a 20 point spread because you lost a bunch of people who couldn’t follow rules? Sounds completely fair. LMAO.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AriesRam and mcpat

Ayala vs Davis will be a decision for Ayala.

149 you’re favored over an undersized Kasak or Evans.

Only reason Mesenbrink isn’t ranked in top 3-4 at 165 is because he hasn’t wrestled enough matches. You have no chance against him. It could easily be bonus.

lol about 174. That’s easily bonus for us. Maybe a fall.

184 could be dicey.

197 I’ll take the 3x champ that pushed DT at Final X over the guy that hasn’t competed or even made weight in 2 years, but you do you.

Only reason Mesenbrink isn’t ranked in top 3-4 at 165 is because he hasn’t wrestled enough matches. You have no chance against him. It could easily be bonus.

184 could be dicey.

197 I’ll take the 3x champ that pushed DT at Final X over the guy that hasn’t competed or even made weight in 2 years, but you do you.
I also believe Beau will beat Woods at NCAAs this year, but maybe not yet at the dual at CHA.

Reactions: PASLP2 and mcpat
Iron Bird mentioning that he lives in New York reminded me of an important fact that was revealed over on GIA - he has never actually been to the state of Iowa.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
125 0-3
133 3-3
141 6-3 (based on what I’ve seen this yr)
149 6-6
157 9-6
165 12-6
174 18-6
184 21-6
197 24-6
285 30-6 no Keuter / 28-6 Keuter

I just don’t like the size difference. 8 pounds is a lot at those weight classes
He’ll have time to grow into the weight. Beau didn’t start wrestling 149 until well into January or February and he was a smaller 141 than Kasak. I do worry about Kasak getting overpowered, but he has time to adjust.

Reactions: mcpat
He’ll have time to grow into the weight. Beau didn’t start wrestling 149 until well into January or February and he was a smaller 141 than Kasak. I do worry about Kasak getting overpowered, but he has time to adjust.
And to be clear, it could be Evans. Although I have to believe Beau will wrestle limited duals and Evans maybe slots in better at 141 than 149.

I actually agree with IRONBIRD's analysis overall. For the dual, it should be close without SVN. Iowa is favored at 125, anyone who is trying to convince themselves they would take BD over DA right now (especially at CHA) is drinking major Kool Aid. Now if he comes out and knocks off Kaylor, DeAugustino then we can reevaluate but for now, based on results to date, absolutely you take DA. Similar story to 149, you can't pick Kasak over their 149 right now, let's see how he fares against Gomez and D'Emilio.

165 though, yes, we can agree to disagree but it's not too illogical to take the AA over the new guy but .... the new guy is good.

Question though, is there any reason we shouldn't expect to see Kueter? He'll be available by then.

NOT seeing what you all are seeing at 165 for your guy buy maybe you have seen more matches?

BIG Ben is on a Football schools. It also has been said he is taking a Football redshirt this year? If so, I do not have any idea if he could even wrestle? Even if he could, do you send him out against the #1-2 guy on very limited practices??? I know I would not, now maybe if he is in the room full time and gets in some matches it is a different story.
By your assessment, the results are:

125 IA Dec 3-0
133 PSU Dec 3-3 (maybe major)
141,IA Dec 6-3
149 IA Dec 9-3
157 PSU Dec 9-6
165 IA Dec 12-6
174 PSU MD 12-10
184 IA Dec 15-10 (assuming Gabe)
197 PSU Dec 15-13
HWT PSU pin 15-19

So, you’re predicting a 4-5 point loss, but demand a 20 point spread because you lost a bunch of people who couldn’t follow rules? Sounds completely fair. LMAO.
really a prediction as much as it is a break down I what I am seeing or would like to see. You have to look at it like this!!!! IF you were the BOOKIE making the odds or spread, how would you do it???? You want to hit the number right on the head because a "PUSH GOES TO THE HOUSE!"

I am thinking 125 IOWA +3 team points would be my line. 133 PSU +4, 141 IOWA +3, 149 would be OFF or +3 IOWA, 157 +3 PSU, 165- +3 IOWA, 174 +5 PSU, 184 +5 PSU, 197 OFF or +3 PSU, heavy + 5 PSU

That is 12 IOWA 25 PSU. Now we have 197 kinda assuming AJ will be there?

184 could be dicey.

I already have a $25-50 bet on 165
Iron Bird mentioning that he lives in New York reminded me of an important fact that was revealed over on GIA - he has never actually been to the state of Iowa.
Is this guy a stalker??? True I never been to IOWA but have been a fan for a L O N G time> Many reasons for this which you are mostly aware of the obvious, like Gable, IOWA STYLE, ALL the coaches from IOWA, etc....

I am sure most of you do NOT know the tradition of wrestling in IOWA going back to Farmer Burns, Gotch etc....

125 0-3
133 3-3
141 6-3 (based on what I’ve seen this yr)
149 6-6
157 9-6
165 12-6
174 18-6
184 21-6
197 24-6
285 30-6 no Keuter / 28-6 Keuter
See, here is YOUR guy saying this so, MAKE THE BET!!!

NOT seeing what you all are seeing at 165 for your guy buy maybe you have seen more matches?
Junior World Silver and Gold the last two years and the way he is winning is transferable to folk, just a variety of shots, unlimited gas tank and high finish rate once he gets in on the leg. He swept Levi last year and somehow jumped another level.

This year, he teched the entire 74KG bracket at Worlds. Limited folk results, best one would be beating Top 20 Casella from Binghamton 25-6 but his best opponent woud be Barraclough who he beat 8-5 (on last second takedown from Barraclough) which has room familiarity. If you want to ignore the obvious talent there and say your guy will win, be our guest.

Although Keuter is a very highly touted recruit, I'm afraid he gets ragdolled by Kerk. I could see it being a TF.
Jmo

Although Keuter is a very highly touted recruit, I'm afraid he gets ragdolled by Kerk. I could see it being a TF.
Jmo
Top/Bottom is always the key transition from HS to college ... Kerk went through that phase himself.

I remember his progression against Cass. Went from being ridden like a pony to being the rider.
First go around, Kerk was like 228 and Cass was his 270 self. I think you could have given Kerk the entire day and he wouldn't have gotten out.

• Haha
Junior World Silver and Gold the last two years and the way he is winning is transferable to folk, just a variety of shots, unlimited gas tank and high finish rate once he gets in on the leg. He swept Levi last year and somehow jumped another level.

This year, he teched the entire 74KG bracket at Worlds. Limited folk results, best one would be beating Top 20 Casella from Binghamton 25-6 but his best opponent woud be Barraclough who he beat 8-5 (on last second takedown from Barraclough) which has room familiarity. If you want to ignore the obvious talent there and say your guy will win, be our guest.
Caliendo is really good, too. That makes this match not a given, but I expect Mesenbrink to win as well.

@WildTurk or @Sett1997, do either of you have an extra Iowa PSU tix? Resale prices are ridiculous. I am probably going to plan a business trip to Iowa if I can get a decent price on a ticket.
Sorry brother, I live in Florida now. I don't get to many events. Did catch the Hawks and Lions in Nicevile a couple of years ago at the duals. Also went to the World qualifier in Vegas this spring. I was sitting right next to Bo in Niceville. I've commented on my interaction with him.
Great guy!
Go post on the Hawk board, some dips on there just like any board but most are good people just like you guys. If you are just looking for one ticket I'll bet a Hawk will get you fixed up for face value.

IF many of you will watch this entire Sr. national run. I believe you will then finally understand. I believe this is when SIR LEE was at his best especially health wise. What he did to the field of OUTSTANDING wrestlers is UNREAL!!!
And if you watch Vito at the NCAAs last year, you’ll see he was incredible. What he did to that field of outstanding wrestlers was pretty unreal. There are lots of guys who I could pick out their best single tournament and ignore everything else and call them the best ever.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Zain 2017 NCAA:
TF in 1st rd
TF in 2nd rd
TF in QF
Fall in SF
TF in Finals

Taylor 2012 NCAA:
Fall 1:40 in 1st rd
Fall 1:52 in 2nd rd
Fall 0:30 in QF
Fall 4:44 in SF
TF in Finals

Which pretty much proves our point in all of this. @IRONBIRD has no clue about how good our guys are/were. He saw his guy do great things but doesn’t know or watch enough wrestling to understand it’s not the only time it’s been done.

Zain 2017 NCAA:
TF in 1st rd
TF in 2nd rd
TF in QF
Fall in SF
TF in Finals

Taylor 2012 NCAA:
TF in Finals

Which pretty much proves our point in all of this. @IRONBIRD has no clue about how good our guys are/were. He saw his guy do great things but doesn’t know or watch enough wrestling to understand it’s not the only time it’s been done.

bingo

And if you watch Vito at the NCAAs last year, you’ll see he was incredible. What he did to that field of outstanding wrestlers was pretty unreal. There are lots of guys who I could pick out their best single tournament and ignore everything else and call them the best ever.
I believe you are only helping to prove MY POINT!!! Vito is REAL good, SUPERMAN LEE dismantle him!!!
That explains everythin. When you cross breed North Jersey/Long Island with Iowa zealot = Ironbird.
Not sure how NJ plays into this? But LI is one of the greatest places to live although NY is turning to shit because of liberal POS supporting democrat POS!!!
Zain 2017 NCAA:
TF in 1st rd
TF in 2nd rd
TF in QF
Fall in SF
TF in Finals

Taylor 2012 NCAA:
TF in Finals

UH, one year runs, outstanding yes, could they do it as TRUE Freshman coming off Knee surgery?

I mean come on!!!

Then could they do the same at even a higher level like SUPERMAN LEE did at Sr. Nationals!!! How many NCAA champions, world medalists, gold medalists, and every other kind of champion did he RUN OVER like a runaway train!?!?!?

Like I said, WATCH ALL his matches at that tournament. Then do your funky research on who he beat. Then post it. Then make your case by MATCH ANYONE of your guys to it!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

I can't think of a single PSU/NLWC wrestler who has ever tallied 1 whole senior-level win over an eventual world team member (3.5 years before he made that world team and at a different weight).

It is literally the most impressive accomplishment I've ever heard of.

I can't think of a single PSU/NLWC wrestler who has ever tallied 1 whole senior-level win over an eventual world team member (3.5 years before he made that world team and at a different weight).

It is literally the most impressive accomplishment I've ever heard of.
Not sure what you are trying to say?

I believe you are only helping to prove MY POINT!!! Vito is REAL good, SUPERMAN LEE dismantle him!!!
Not at all. That was the one tournament you cherry picked. In the tournament where Vito looked like Superman, Lee was counting rafters.

Yes great post! I have said it many times, That the PSU wrestlers I was lucky enough to meet and talk with were nothing but ALL CLASS!!! I met Ruth and the Alton brothers. Very knowledgeable, friendly, likable young men!!!

Also, I sat next to hardcore PSU fans at NCAAs in Pittsburgh. We didn't agree on much of anything but we had some good back and forth for 3 days and they were good people,

My favorite though was NCAAs here in NY. There was several PSU fans out side during the break talking it up about Zain, So I went right over with my HAWK gear on and said he was transferring to IOWA next year. OH boy did it almost start a roit as one of the guys was a family friend and neighbor who knew the whole family very well!!!

He ws like, "NO WAY IN ALL HELL....... ZAIN is all PENN ST. etc...... Well you all know me, I just kept laying it on heavier as I went. I was like " HA, you think he would tell you!!!!" Was good fun and in the end we started talked more about him crushing watermelons and stuff.

Not sure what this means?
It's unnerving when IRONBIRD drops the character he plays (to comically needle and tweak us) and goes all “human” or spot-on analytical (his dual preview). Nice, too. Merry Christmas to the most outrageous, entertaining, and loyal Hawkeye fan on Long Island. Anxious to see how this highly negotiated bet plays out.

Reactions: IRONBIRD and mcpat

Not sure how NJ plays into this? But LI is one of the greatest places to live although NY is turning to shit because of liberal POS supporting democrat POS!!!

UH, one year runs, outstanding yes, could they do it as TRUE Freshman coming off Knee surgery?

I mean come on!!!

Then could they do the same at even a higher level like SUPERMAN LEE did at Sr. Nationals!!! How many NCAA champions, world medalists, gold medalists, and every other kind of champion did he RUN OVER like a runaway train!?!?!?

Like I said, WATCH ALL his matches at that tournament. Then do your funky research on who he beat. Then post it. Then make your case by MATCH ANYONE of your guys to it!!!!

GOOD LUCK!
But the thing is your guy never went thru an NCAA where he pinned or tech’d all his opponents. In fact, he never had an NCAA where he even bonused all his opponents. There’s not enough space on this forum for me to show you how many times we had a guy bonus all his opponents at NCAAs.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT