ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t ask me why, but earlier today I was listening to an old FRL from 2017. They were discussing the upcoming teamrace and different teams’ chances for trophies. When they got to Iowa, CP made the argument to the effect of “Iowa always underperforms. When was the last time in the past decade plus that they showed up in March and you left thinking they wrestled up to their potential?”

This was 7 years ago.

47de39a1-7e8f-4e5e-8a37-e6d7204a08d1_text.gif

Beau is going to beat Woods if he is within 1 at the end of 2.
They'll wrestle three times. As Cael said "Iowa is good for showing us what to work on".

Woods needs 2 takedowns before the 3rd, because if he doesn't, he is running away for 2 minutes straight in the third.

Pittsburgh?

Team sucks!

Oh she does!!!

Well I guess if you want to call your people stupid? Alright then!

Yea right!

Keep watching stupid movies, maybe it will give you another good line!??!?! DUH!!!

Depends if we roll out ARNOLD and AJ!!! BRANDS took the StarFish to the brink last year!!! BabblinBrooks just ducked beard!!!
LOL brands wrestled exactly zero seconds against Carter

Don’t ask me why, but earlier today I was listening to an old FRL from 2017. They were discussing the upcoming teamrace and different teams’ chances for trophies. When they got to Iowa, CP made the argument to the effect of “Iowa always underperforms. When was the last time in the past decade plus that they showed up in March and you left thinking they wrestled up to their potential?”

This was 7 years ago.

47de39a1-7e8f-4e5e-8a37-e6d7204a08d1_text.gif
Did NOT age well!!! Please see the last IOWA mind dynasty! WON the TWOOOOO biggest tournament BACK to BACK with FAR less top end talent. That is NCAAs and B1Gs where we dominated so badly, and psu sucked so badly, it was a joke!!!
They'll wrestle three times. As Cael said "Iowa is good for showing us what to work on".

Woods needs 2 takedowns before the 3rd, because if he doesn't, he is running away for 2 minutes straight in the third.
Funny, guy can not take WOODS down, ride him, or get out from bottom!
LOL brands wrestled exactly zero seconds against Carter
Want to tell me the score? want to share the stall calls AT your place!!!
well will be at carver so we know there will be no stall calls against iowa!!
NO one complains about bias referring at CARVER but everyone does at rec hall!!!! SO bad that even the HOME TEAM announcers were like WTF!?!?!??

Talk like this has become ok over here now evidently. Unfortunate. Comments like that are why you have 4 daughters and no sons
1. I have 5 daughters, not 4. It's worse than you thought.
2. Commenting about talk on this board devolving is rich coming from you. Am I proud to get down in the mud with you and sling shit? Absolutely not. But sometimes those primal urges can't be ignored.
3. And the comment about me having daughters rather than sons shows what a misogynist you are. That and your admitted homophobic triggers show that you are not the person you aim to be. Work on that and come back when you make progress.

Get well soon,
Bordo

2. Commenting about talk on this board devolving is rich coming from you. Am I proud to get down in the mud with you and sling shit? Absolutely not. But sometimes those primal urges can't be ignored.
3. And the comment about me having daughters rather than sons shows what a misogynist you are. That and your admitted homophobic triggers show that you are not the person you aim to be. Work on that and come back when you make progress.

Get well soon,
Bordo
Jennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Did NOT age well!!! Please see the last IOWA mind dynasty! WON the TWOOOOO biggest tournament BACK to BACK with FAR less top end talent

My mind isn't what it use to be. Was that the year where Iowa had one National Champ to PSUs 4? That year where the Hawks became an afterthought, while all anyone wanted to talk about was the greatness of PSU wrestling and showing future elite recruits why they need to go to PSU? Was that the year guys like DeSanto, Eirman , Kem and Bull blew it after YOU assured all of us that they'd be individual champions? Is that the same year that catapulted PSU to killer recruiting classes the next 4 years while Hawk fans are still crying that PSU out recruits them every year? Was that the same year that johnstownsteel, in all his wisdom, saw chinks in the Hawks armor and told all you idiots, especially you TURD that's you'll be crying like little bitches when your heavily favored Hawks get destroyed by PSU the next season?

Reactions: mcpat and danoftw
My mind isn't what it use to be. Was that the year where Iowa had one National Champ to PSUs 4? That year where tge Hawks were an afterthought, while all anyone was talking about was the greatness of PSU and showing future elite recruits why they need to go to PSU? Was that the year guys like DeSanto, Eirman , Kem and Bull blew it after YOU assured all of us that they'd be individual champions? Is that the same year that catapulted PSU to killer recruiting classes the next 4 years while Hawk fans are still crying that PSU out recruits them every year? Was that the same year that johnstownsteel, in all his wisdom, saw chinks in the Hawks armor and told all you idiots, especially you TURD that's you'll be crying like little bitches when your heavily favored Hawks get destroyed by PSU the next season?
Yeah, that year. When Lee beat Eierman and Starocci beat Kem. I remember it well.

Get well soon,
Bordo
FIVE daughters!?!?!?!? GOD be with you!!!
Yes. It was about your fellow fan that I referenced mocking a member of this forum about the suicide of his son. How does that morality stack up in your book Birdman? You seem to have a pretty strict code.
I have no knowledge of any of this but it was brought up and I thought it was clear to MOVE ON!!!

My mind isn't what it use to be. Was that the year where Iowa had one National Champ to PSUs 4? That year where the Hawks became an afterthought, while all anyone wanted to talk about was the greatness of PSU wrestling and showing future elite recruits why they need to go to PSU? Was that the year guys like DeSanto, Eirman , Kem and Bull blew it after YOU assured all of us that they'd be individual champions? Is that the same year that catapulted PSU to killer recruiting classes the next 4 years while Hawk fans are still crying that PSU out recruits them every year? Was that the same year that johnstownsteel, in all his wisdom, saw chinks in the Hawks armor and told all you idiots, especially you TURD that's you'll be crying like little bitches when your heavily favored Hawks get destroyed by PSU the next season?
Yep, EXACTLY how you ALL seem to twist things!!! FACT is, IOWA with FAR less top end recruits, DESTROYED you!!!

Was SOOOOO bad at B1Gs the 2nd year I figure they would fire you great leader. psu came in like 4th with ALL the talent they could buy. OH and that is why($$$$$) they had to go and spend even more!!!!LMAO.

TnT beat you with 1/5 the recruits!!! Have been saying it for a L O N G time, just get TWOOOO 1/2 and we will mop the mats with you. If we ever level the field, you will be back to irrelevant!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: KCLion
FIVE daughters!?!?!?!? GOD be with you!!!

I have no knowledge of any of this but it was brought up and I thought it was clear to MOVE ON!!!

Yep, EXACTLY how you ALL seem to twist things!!! FACT is, IOWA with FAR less top end recruits, DESTROYED you!!!

Was SOOOOO bad at B1Gs the 2nd year I figure they would fire you great leader. psu came in like 4th with ALL the talent they could buy. OH and that is why($$$$$) they had to go and spend even more!!!!LMAO.

TnT beat you with 1/5 the recruits!!! Have been saying it for a L O N G time, just get TWOOOO 1/2 and we will mop the mats with you. If we ever level the field, you will be back to irrelevant!!!!
Tom doesn't develop the top 10 recruits he does get.. go why so salty here? The wrestling God's could gift them to Iowa but that would be as dumb as me giving you brains when you're never gonna use them anyway.

Tom doesn't develop the top 10 recruits he does get.. go why so salty here? The wrestling God's could gift them to Iowa but that would be as dumb as me giving you brains when you're never gonna use them anyway.
JohnsonPlastic, you have yet to make even one case? You can clearly look at the IOWA lineup that WON NCAAs AND TWOOOO B1G TENS! You can put the wrestlers rankings of both teams down on paper and EVEN you will CLEARLY see that what I said was FACT!!!

It's not a question of the playing field not being level. Iowa has resources. We see this with the massive private investments that are building the new wrestling facility and the reported numbers being thrown around for NIL.

Iowa's problem with recruiting seems to be that top level, ultra-elite guys, more often than not, just don't want to go there.

JohnsonPlastic, you have yet to make even one case? You can clearly look at the IOWA lineup that WON NCAAs AND TWOOOO B1G TENS! You can put the wrestlers rankings of both teams down on paper and EVEN you will CLEARLY see that what I said was FACT!!!
What the hell are you talking about? Iowa has won ONE title sine 2010. That's 14 yrs. In that time, the only top 10 recruit that won a title was Spencer. Meanwhile since that time, PSU has won 10 titles, and NUMEROUS top 10 recruits have won titles, plus a bunch of non top 10 recruits have won titles. Not sure why you would even argue this? It's comical.

Get well soon,
Bordo
He doesn’t really seem to be Winning at Life™ so much after all, does he?

It's not a question of the playing field not being level. Iowa has resources. We see this with the massive private investments that are building the new wrestling facility and the reported numbers being thrown around for NIL.

Iowa's problem with recruiting seems to be that top level, ultra-elite guys, more often than not, just don't want to go there.
Dude, real came over from Iowa St where he wrestled. He coached there several years with not TWOOO much to speak of. The circumstances surrounding the reason he came to psu are very clear, MONEY!!! It was used to BUY championships, PERIOD!!!!

If IOWA or ANY OTHER team had that ability, back then when it all started. They could have also brought in FIVE TIMES the recruits of anyone else!!!
What the hell are you talking about? Iowa has won ONE title sine 2010. That's 14 yrs. In that time, the only top 10 recruit that won a title was Spencer. Meanwhile since that time, PSU has won 10 titles, and NUMEROUS top 10 recruits have won titles, plus a bunch of non top 10 recruits have won titles. Not sure why you would even argue this? It's comical.
UH, do NOT become a LAWYER!!! You just MADE MY CASE!!!!
He doesn’t really seem to be Winning at Life™ so much after all, does he?
Come on now, FIVE daughters can be a lot of fun, can't it!?!?!?

I'm not sure we should continue to point out what Iowa needs to do to catch Cael. They're too stupid to figure it out on their own and too stubborn to admit the "Iowa" system isn't working.

I'm not sure we should continue to point out what Iowa needs to do to catch Cael. They're too stupid to figure it out on their own and too stubborn to admit the "Iowa" system isn't working.
OH MY on this one!!!!! Let me ask you. Do you think ALL the other coaches are stupid TWOOOOO? I mean there are plenty of IVY leaguers coaching. Are they stupid?

It started out with a boat load of $$$$ and a compliance dept that looks the other way. NOW you can add in the title run and several other factors also.

I am still wondering why the great ceal didn't "figure it out" at Iowa St.????

Get well soon,
Bordo
Homophobic? Misogynist? Because I don't favor being called a cocksucker? Because I was giving you a little jab for only having all daughters? Good lord

Last edited:
Dude, real came over from Iowa St where he wrestled. He coached there several years with not TWOOO much to speak of. The circumstances surrounding the reason he came to psu are very clear, MONEY!!! It was used to BUY championships, PERIOD!!!!

If IOWA or ANY OTHER team had that ability, back then when it all started. They could have also brought in FIVE TIMES the recruits of anyone else!!!

UH, do NOT become a LAWYER!!! You just MADE MY CASE!!!!

Come on now, FIVE daughters can be a lot of fun, can't it!?!?!?
Cael's record at Iowa State was terrific. He was there three years. They won the conference championship all three years. They hadn't won a single one in the 20 previous seasons and haven't won one since he left. They were 2nd, 5th, and 3rd at nationals in those years. Except for the next year after he left when they were 3rd with the team Cael left behind, they haven't been higher than 11th, and in the years leading up to his arrival, they were 19th, 6th, 10th, and 13th before immediately improving to 2nd. If Cael hadn't left for PSU, we'd be talking about an ISU dynasty right now. Cael's influence on a team's results are undeniable. It's not money, it's him.

Cael's record at Iowa State was terrific. He was there three years. They won the conference championship all three years. They hadn't won a single one in the 20 previous seasons and haven't won one since he left. They were 2nd, 5th, and 3rd at nationals in those years. Except for the next year after he left when they were 3rd with the team Cael left behind, they haven't been higher than 11th, and in the years leading up to his arrival, they were 19th, 6th, 10th, and 13th before immediately improving to 2nd. If Cael hadn't left for PSU, we'd be talking about an ISU dynasty right now. Cael's influence on a team's results are undeniable. It's not money, it's him.
OK, then tell me again why he left is alma mater? After all, this was his school, he had HIS coached fired!!! He is having wonderful success. At that time they had a much better reputation then psu?

Hmmmmm, this should be good!?!?!?!?

"well you see SIR IRON, he uh um well gee, he wanted to be in the hS hotbed, er uh yea thats the ticket!!!! Was just no one else ever thought of this, and uh um the other dozen or so schools????? UH UM well, they ummmm uh , ........

YEA RIGHT!!!!

I mean...it's partly money. Or more accurately, resources in general (of which money is a very important one).

College sports has always been about, at least in part, unequal access to resources. Across virtually all sports, universities and colleges that invest the most are almost always the most successful.

Just last year, Roy Carver was presented an award by HWC and recognized as an equal founder of the club along side Dan Gable. You can easily find quotes from Gable about the resources provided by Carver and how that benefited HWC and Iowa Wrestling in general. That's just the way college athletics works.

I don't think this is inherently bad. And neither did the Iowa fans, until they weren't the best funded program anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT