ADVERTISEMENT

HAVE YOU HEARD???

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Let's just look at the last couple years...

Lee
Eierman
Murin
Marinelli
Kemerer
Assad
Warner

Which of the above reached their full potential?
You’re arguing with someone that said Cael brought in Varner as a transfer.

Revisionist history? Yes, Beard beat Dean in the regular dual, but Beard lost prior to AA at NCAA’s while Dean took 7th, and Was NC the year before.
But I believe Beard is still friends with the team and coaches.

So, how exactly did he leave and beat our asses badly?
He won against us again this year when Cael held Brooks out to protect Beard’s seed because we still support him.

Saw a thread created here that OBVIOUSLY is not going to be a GREAT thread like this, "THE GREATEST THREAD" up in dis bitch!!!!

It was WHAT RECRUIT ARE WE EXITED ABOUT?

Well friends, I SIR IRON am very exited to see those recruits who pick up and leave happy land valley place!!!!

How GREAT is it going to be to see these kids leaving, only to come back at beat your asses badly!!!! REMEMBER BEARD doing just that!!! LMAO

SO lets do this GREAT NEW TOPIC

ODD MAN OUT?

Who do you have in the starting lineup next year? Who is riding the pine? Who is gonna be gone right away? Who is going to be gone after a year?
Don’t worry, when they leave they know better than to go to Iowa. They have a better chance of winning a national championship at Lehigh.

Hey, stop this nonsense. That quote was from me! For the record, I like to visit GIA and sometimes antagonize them a bit, but I'm not a troll.

giphy.gif

Lee
Eierman
Murin
Marinelli
Kemerer
Assad
Warner

Ya know... I think I'd say Max Murin came closest to his full potential if I had to pick.

giphy.gif

Lee
Eierman
Murin
Marinelli
Kemerer
Assad
Warner

Not sure how yourate "full potential" ? Several wrestlers on the list battled injuries. MURIN reached AA and his recruiting rankings did not reflect this. SUPERMAN LEE was a FREAK. EIERMAN was a 4X and reached the finals. The BULL was a 4 time B1G ten champion, ASSAD got screwed this year but was never 100% healthy. Warner was a 4X NCAA AA and finalist!!! KEMDAWG was a 4Xer and NCAA finalist also.

Besides LEE, not sure any others were the TOP in class recruits
You’re arguing with someone that said Cael brought in Varner as a transfer.
SAID BROUGHT IN!!! you are a lier TWOOO besides a troll and everything else???
He won against us again this year when Cael held Brooks out to protect Beard’s seed because we still support him.
Might not want to bring up yet another DUCK!!!
Don’t worry, when they leave they know better than to go to Iowa. They have a better chance of winning a national championship at Lehigh.
REALLY???? Guess we shall see, LOL

LOL wonder how long that will last.. The #1 ranking has been the kiss of death so far for the 125lbers..
Wonder who drake is practicing with..

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN
Not sure how yourate "full potential" ? Several wrestlers on the list battled injuries. MURIN reached AA and his recruiting rankings did not reflect this. SUPERMAN LEE was a FREAK. EIERMAN was a 4X and reached the finals. The BULL was a 4 time B1G ten champion, ASSAD got screwed this year but was never 100% healthy. Warner was a 4X NCAA AA and finalist!!! KEMDAWG was a 4Xer and NCAA finalist also.

SAID BROUGHT IN!!! you are a lier TWOOO besides a troll and everything else???

Might not want to bring up yet another DUCK!!!

REALLY???? Guess we shall see, LOL

LOL wonder how long that will last.. The #1 ranking has been the kiss of death so far for the 125lbers..
Wonder who drake is practicing with..
Guessing it will last till he gets his hand raised in March! Then he gets to do it all over again!!!

Practicing with the GOAT SUPERMAN LEE amongst others!!! Wonder if lilledahl will see the light and de-commit before he gets the kiss of death in happy joy land!?!?!?

This was my original quote that you replied to:

82bordeaux said:
It's better than Iowa. Having limited talent, but wasting that little which you have.

I never mentioned TOP in class recruits. I in fact stated "limited talent" that Iowa had.

Go back through the GIA threads:

Lee was a sure fire 4-timer...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Eierman was going to win at least 1, if not 2 Titles in the Hawk room...

Marinelli was a lock for an NCAA Title...more than once...

Kemdog was a lock for an NCAA Title...more than once...

Warnerov was a multi-year champ in the making...

Murin was going to be a multi-tear AA

Assad was a lock for AA and possible NCAA Champ...

I giffed in a language you understand. Hope that makes it clear.

Guessing it will last till he gets his hand raised in March! Then he gets to do it all over again!!!

Practicing with the GOAT SUPERMAN LEE amongst others!!! Wonder if lilledahl will see the light and de-commit before he gets the kiss of death in happy joy land!?!?!?
I'm guessing it'll last until he gets stuck by Ramos on Friday. LOL.

IF I am being honest? Which I ALWAYS am!!! There is a LOT of work that has to be done to beat you guys! It really is simple on paper. Get to psu level in recruiting. The HOW THE HELL do you do that is the hard part.
“How” indeed. Cael’s formed a hurricane over water, a powerful circular storm that fuels itself: Legendary wrestler, terrific coach, world-level staff, location in wrestling hotbed with easier family access (for some), growing mountain of individual and team crowns, ties to elite post-collegiate club for transition to freestyle Olympic/World goals, ample NIL opportunities . . . even team counselor Bonnie. Recruits are so awed, they don’t mind playing dodgeball till their turn.
For now, comfort may have to come in close duals (I think Feb 9 will surprise), B1G tourney match wins, or the fresh vision of a dynamic new coach.

“How” indeed. Cael’s formed a hurricane over water, a powerful circular storm that fuels itself: Legendary wrestler, terrific coach, world-level staff, location in wrestling hotbed with easier family access (for some), growing mountain of individual and team crowns, ties to elite post-collegiate club for transition to freestyle Olympic/World goals, ample NIL opportunities . . . even team counselor Bonnie. Recruits are so awed, they don’t mind playing dodgeball till their turn.
For now, comfort may have to come in close duals (I think Feb 9 will surprise), B1G tourney match wins, or the fresh vision of a dynamic new coach.
Feb 9
Contested
157 kinda
I’d say this will be 8-2 probable 9-1 possible
And that’s all folks what surprise are we talking about?

Feb 9
Contested
157 kinda
I’d say this will be 8-2 probable 9-1 possible
And that’s all folks what surprise are we talking about?
Just my conservative nature bleeding through. For me, a surprise would be Hawks taking 125, 141, 149, 157, and 165, which I find possible (if unlikely). Will absolutely love being laughed at if our 8th-grader nicks Ayala, Tyler beats Rathjen and Taz tops Cal. Hope they all happen, even two of three.

Just my conservative nature bleeding through. For me, a surprise would be Hawks taking 125, 141, 149, 157, and 165, which I find possible (if unlikely). Will absolutely love being laughed at if our 8th-grader nicks Ayala, Tyler beats Rathjen and Taz tops Cal. Hope they all happen, even two of three.
Beau is going to beat Woods if he is within 1 at the end of 2.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
This was my original quote that you replied to:

82bordeaux said:
It's better than Iowa. Having limited talent, but wasting that little which you have.

I never mentioned TOP in class recruits. I in fact stated "limited talent" that Iowa had.

Go back through the GIA threads:

Lee was a sure fire 4-timer...

Eierman was going to win at least 1, if not 2 Titles in the Hawk room...

Marinelli was a lock for an NCAA Title...more than once...

Kemdog was a lock for an NCAA Title...more than once...

Warnerov was a multi-year champ in the making...

Murin was going to be a multi-tear AA

Assad was a lock for AA and possible NCAA Champ...

I giffed in a language you understand. Hope that makes it clear.
I do not even know if YOU know what you are trying to say?

While we have THE DON, might as well mention he, A HAWK and WRESTLING fan. Just kicked ass in IOWA!!!!!
I'm guessing it'll last until he gets stuck by Ramos on Friday. LOL.
GLADY take this bet and lay odds unlike the wussies over here!!!!
How is Ramos ever going to take a Hawk to his back?
NO
I almost went blind looking for an Iowa wrestler at Worlds, that was until I saw Royce Alger...in the bar!!
Hmmm, another sucka, would you care to bet on world and olympic titles?
He used a slush fund and got away with paying people off maybe by paying people off? HAWKS are closing in but we do indeed need to make more strides!!!
THIS^^^^^^ and you all better keep praying that we do not put ARNOLD and AJ out there!!!!
Beau is going to beat Woods if he is within 1 at the end of 2.
NO and he will not be! His psu STALL style will not work at CARVER!!!

As an Iowa fan myself..
Which felt more like a gut punch..
Aj being rejected and putting on the show like he did
Or
Spencer being stuck on the big stage?

As an Iowa fan myself..
Which felt more like a gut punch..
Aj being rejected and putting on the show like he did
Or
Spencer being stuck on the big stage?
IOWA FAN!?!??!!

AJ will be a HAWK!!!! BANK on it!!! SUPERMAN LEE wrestling at 50% sure did hurt! Him winning World and O titles will lessen the sting!!!!

How many years does Frutose still have left? Not sure we could use him but maybe he will be the first to start the TRAIN ROLLIN!!!!!

I do not even know if YOU know what you are trying to say?

While we have THE DON, might as well mention he, A HAWK and WRESTLING fan. Just kicked ass in IOWA!!!!!

GLADY take this bet and lay odds unlike the wussies over here!!!!

NO

Hmmm, another sucka, would you care to bet on world and olympic titles?

He used a slush fund and got away with paying people off maybe by paying people off? HAWKS are closing in but we do indeed need to make more strides!!!

THIS^^^^^^ and you all better keep praying that we do not put ARNOLD and AJ out there!!!!

NO and he will not be! His psu STALL style will not work at CARVER!!!
Just like Dallas and Pittsburgh fans, y'all are living in the past.

• Sad
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
How many years does Frutose still have left? Not sure we could use him but maybe he will be the first to start the TRAIN ROLLIN!!!!!
Penn State Altoona should start a D1 team, and the "second string" should train at State College and wrestle for Altoona. The Altoona lineup this year would be:

125 Howard
133 Steen
141 Evans
149 Pierce
157 Barraclough
165 Facundo
174 Joe Lee
184 Barr
197 Cochran
HWT Fricchione

That team would probably beat Iowa. LOL.

Reactions: KCLion

I hope his mother wears glasses.

While not completely impossible, it's more likely that Penn State sweeps all of those matches and wins all 10 weights. Bartlett is going to overtake Woods at nationals for sure. I'm just not sure if he will do it by the dual or not.

Either way, Iowa has one razor thin path to a 5-5 match where they have 5 toss-up weights that they need to sweep and 5 that are a lost cause lock for Penn State. Even if that happens, will they win the bonus points to win the dual? Will Ayala, Woods, Rathjen, Franek, and Cal bonus guys like Bartlett, Haines, and Mesenbrink while Starocci, Brooks, Kerk, and Nagao, who are both gigantic favorites and bonus machines, not get any bonus?

While not completely impossible, it's more likely that Penn State sweeps all of those matches and wins all 10 weights. Bartlett is going to overtake Woods at nationals for sure. I'm just not sure if he will do it by the dual or not.

Either way, Iowa has one razor thin path to a 5-5 match where they have 5 toss-up weights that they need to sweep and 5 that are a lost cause lock for Penn State. Even if that happens, will they win the bonus points to win the dual? Will Ayala, Woods, Rathjen, Franek, and Cal bonus guys like Bartlett, Haines, and Mesenbrink while Starocci, Brooks, Kerk, and Nagao, who are both gigantic favorites and bonus machines, not get any bonus?
bonus??LOL

My "surprise" stops at a potential 5-5 in bouts, not them winning the dual. I agree with you that we'll likely get bonus from the final four you mention.

Just like Dallas and Pittsburgh fans, y'all are living in the past.
Pittsburgh?
Penn State Altoona should start a D1 team, and the "second string" should train at State College and wrestle for Altoona. The Altoona lineup this year would be:

125 Howard
133 Steen
141 Evans
149 Pierce
157 Barraclough
165 Facundo
174 Joe Lee
184 Barr
197 Cochran
HWT Fricchione

Team sucks!
I hope his mother wears glasses.
Oh she does!!!
Well I guess if you want to call your people stupid? Alright then!

Yea right!
hey iowa if your not first your last!
Keep watching stupid movies, maybe it will give you another good line!??!?! DUH!!!
My "surprise" stops at a potential 5-5 in bouts, not them winning the dual. I agree with you that we'll likely get bonus from the final four you mention.
Depends if we roll out ARNOLD and AJ!!! BRANDS took the StarFish to the brink last year!!! BabblinBrooks just ducked beard!!!

125, 149 and 165 are tough to call because we really haven't seen the PSU wrestlers against AA quality competition. 133 is tough to call because AN has not been as dominant as some may have expected. 149 is advantage Woods imo because BB's style plays into Woods' hands a bit. Woods is not a dynamic wrestler in any way, but he does not lose low-scoring matches. Having said that, I don't see the Squawkeyes sweeping 125, 133, 149 and 165 - just don't see it. There is not a huge resume on the freshman, but they have pedigree and look the part. As others have said, PSU likely accrues significant bonus 174 on. Just don't see dual being all that close, but we'll see.

Reactions: Ski

125 Howard
133 Steen
141 Evans
149 Pierce
157 Barraclough
165 Facundo
174 Joe Lee
184 Barr
197 Cochran
HWT Fricchione

Prediction?

125, 149 and 165 are tough to call because we really haven't seen the PSU wrestlers against AA quality competition. 133 is tough to call because AN has not been as dominant as some may have expected. 149 is advantage Woods imo because BB's style plays into Woods' hands a bit. Woods is not a dynamic wrestler in any way, but he does not lose low-scoring matches. Having said that, I don't see the Squawkeyes sweeping 125, 133, 149 and 165 - just don't see it. There is not a huge resume on the freshman, but they have pedigree and look the part. As others have said, PSU likely accrues significant bonus 174 on. Just don't see dual being all that close, but we'll see.
I believe you are mostly correct. IOWA will be fighting to win in all these matches, with no gimmies! psu has several matches where it may not be close unless we UNLEASH the DAWGS!!!

Sounds like he's auditioning for the remake of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.
Great movie, were you in the original?
A buddy sent me this autographed photo. One of my all-time favorites now in my wrestling card/photo collection.

ABLVV851Ez6LvB7xcY1Proe4wZHh_s84tKksVAlWysE_xnNnmiZv6dFlH4NeJNXtYLBOyHJRqPUrMpSGtKWCbyaJu24nEuIR7ywZvqOOHrse2RQ-XyLD8GDr7MXzUlYFzstQQgxk2Tc2IKbHfe_l36hOAWs=w1130-h899-s-no-gm
Yea, most on here are no REAL PA wrestling fans!!!
Prediction?
MANY wrestlers will be leaving after the HOSING they get from cael!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT