ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the thing. PSU is going to get even better. You could see the team growing...

I don't care about tOSU's D Line... they are built similar to ours with high energy guys. I don't see tOSU D line dominating Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, or Clemson anytime soon. Again, this isn't to say that we don't have a talented D line or that we can't win the Big Ten... I don't think anyone will win a MNC without a really stout D line or overwhelming offense.
Ohio State’s defensive line has been just as good as Clemson’s and Alabama’s for several years now, IMO. Their quarterback play has cost them opportunities to play for national championships, but their DL has been at least as good as anybody’s.

Reactions: ncgolfer
Ohio State’s defensive line has been just as good as Clemson’s and Alabama’s for several years now, IMO. Their quarterback play has cost them opportunities to play for national championships, but their DL has been at least as good as anybody’s.
Great D line, but not the same...

IF THIS AND IF THAT AND IF THEY DID THIS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TIED AND SO ON AND SO ON...

POINT IS THEY DIDNT AND THATS HOW THE GAME WENT. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, ( IF MY AUNT HAD A PENIS SHE WOULD BE MY UNCLE)

Or your father if you were from West Virginia.

Reactions: Paguy35
....throughout the Pitt game. When the young Nittany Lions gel, and it's already beginning to happen, this team is going to be one helluva tough out.

I believe that if PSU finds a way to beat OSU on 9/29, we will run the table, win the B1G and be in our first of hopefully many playoff births.
I hope to see it too;---But its extremely difficult, takes good fortune, (and some luck). Look at the Alabama (semipro) team, even they typically do not go undefeated.

I'm with you in spirit and hope though. GO PSU!!!

I hope to see it too;---But its extremely difficult, takes good fortune, (and some luck). Look at the Alabama (semipro) team, even they typically do not go undefeated.

I'm with you in spirit and hope though. GO PSU!!!
They didn't actually deserve to get in last year. The Big Ten, by screwing Penn State(Yes, that was Gene Smith and Barry Alvarez with UW votes), set the precedent that actually devalued their own conference championship. At the time of course, they didn't know that.

Everyone is prone to slipping up 1 time out of 12. The real difference right now, and the real advantage that the SEC has, is that the SEC plays only 8 conference games, while the Big Ten plays 9. It's a clear advantage, and right now college football needs to make a rule that forces all five power 5 conferences to play the same number of conference games per year.

Back to Penn State: Are they getting better and growing? Yes. How much? I think a good deal in two games. Giger, of course, wrote the contrarian piece yesterday about how Pitt provided "no answers" for Penn State with poor play, but the "poor play" last week was basically 4 or 5 plays, 3 of them on special teams and an interception and a goal line failure. That's it. Penn State, from the 10 minute mark of the 2nd, to the finish, blew Pitt off the field. Rain or no rain, fluke or no fluke.

Penn State knows who they are right now, and Gigers' article is wrong. It's Giger, not Jones, who writes the most negative pieces on Penn State. You need to keep your eye on the nature of the articles, if you do, you'll see that the most negative, contrarian points after games, always come from Giger.

Reactions: Howie'81
Alabama runs a 3-4 and, their starting nose guard weighs less than 300lbs. What exact comparison are you trying to make?
Their body types are different. Much larger lower bodies. This obviously isn’t a scientific yardstick as opposed to my perception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT