ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

The coach in question has integrity right on the level of the elder Ferentz. It probably was not the most appropriate reaction, however the flopping injury also didn’t seem appropriate or even Franklin mentioning it after the game. This is such a minor issue, if Franklin was held to the same level he would have been fired long ago with most coaches.
And the elder Ferentz has integrity? Tell that to the numerous former players that are parties to the discrimination lawsuit filed against the program and specifically names the younger Ferentz in the suit. The younger Ferentz had no action taken against him while the S&C coach was singled out and made to take the fall for appeasement. You hawk fans are a running joke to many fanbases that witness your hypocrisy and idiocy.

The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. To me being it looked like he needed a breather which explains being out the three plays. They sure didn’t do give him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off. We are ok with injuries just not minor tweaks especially after big plays or runs.

• 20 minute half time
  • (15:00) PSU begins 3 play drive
  • (14:10) PSU's Stout punts
  • 4 MINUTE MEDIA TIMEOUT
  • (13:55) Iowa begins drive
  • (10:09) Iowa's Taylor punts to Jahan Dotson to end a 6 play drive
  • 4 MINUTE MEDIA TIMEOUT
  • (9:59) PSU begins 11 play drive
  • (6:40) PSU FG
  • 4 MINUTE MEDIA TIMEOUT
  • (6:40) PSU kicks off for a touchback
  • 3rd play of this drive Ebiketie falls to the turf suffering from extreme exhaustion after his 9th rep in the past 45 minutes.

EDIT: Apparently Hawkeyes can't detect sarcasm, even in bold font.

Last edited:
So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.
Take a like clown. Most classless fan base I have seen in over 60 years of watching football. For coaches to do it is even worse. Enjoy your win and thank your lucky stars Clifford got hurt.

Well, so now we have an Iowa coach and a national television announcer essentially making Iowa’s case?

Fall on whatever sword you wish. But this is pretty thin.
The announcer wasn’t making the case, he was explaining why the Iowa fans were booing….he never said they were justified in doing it, just explaining to the audience what the fans were thinking.

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

@Hotshoe - clean up here; his buddy sob5 too.

Remember when the Rutgers president apologized to Penn State when a picture of a few of their doofus fans wore Ped State T-shirts. Anyone else think that no one from Iowa will apologize for the antics of their jagov coach?
If it makes the rounds of social media and PSU fans are angry about it, the Big Ten will take away 5 PSU football scholarships.

The freaking commentators called it out as well. Every 10+ yard play - a player drops. Stupid.

The announcer wasn’t making the case, he was explaining why the Iowa fans were booing….he never said they were justified in doing it, just explaining to the audience what the fans were thinking.
They even noted that it didn’t seem strategic because it would make no sense for a crucial player like #17 to take a fall.

Face it, there is no justification for the way the Iowa fans and that coach acted. Just own your sh**ty behavior if that’s how you’re gonna be.

Don't know the guy, but any coach doing that, should face immediate discipline. Saban would have taken him behind the woodshed. I cannot believe anyone thinks this kind of behavior is okay.
I'm sure that as we speak the BIG 10 is looking at the Iowa coaches embarrassing actions on the sideline and will be suspending him for the next Iowa cornhole tournament!

I see a lot of people in other threads talking about how they brought this up on the telecast. They certainly did bring it up and did talk about it in depth but don’t forget to leave out the most important part Hawkeye Fans, He said there is no way he thought it was intentional in his opinion, he was just describing why the Iowa fans were booing.

If anyone has watched Penn State you would know Brisker injured his shoulder against wisconsin and has had stingers ever since. Every game he makes a hit and that arm just flops. Multiple times vs the badgers and a couple times since. There isn’t a single play in the game where you would want brisker to fake an injury and miss a play. I mean just saying the statement, their best player faked an injury to stop some momentum sounds idiotic.

Other then 17 the other players didn’t return including 2 of our top interior lineman. Was that the plan? Leave ourselves weak in the middle of the defensive line? On that topic, field position all day, Goodwin talking garbage after every run he picked up positive yards, couldn’t break 90 yards on 25 carries. Awesome stuff.

17, couldn’t see what happened with him, they sure weren’t in a position to be without him and he was not winded, as another poster reported, he only played 7 plays over 45 minutes of time counting in the halftime break. That was a critical series for him to be out there and if he was faking he certainly wouldn’t have been off the field 4 plays in that instance.

The defense had been out there for a while due to your offense, your coach even said they were out there too long and winded. To me being it looked like he needed a breather which explains being out the three plays. They sure didn’t do give him much medical attention before he jumped up and jogged off. We are ok with injuries just not minor tweaks especially after big plays or runs.
When I am coaching, should be the same for any coach, I spend my time during the game coaching and not worrying about mocking the other team. Break in the action, gives you time to coach a player up.

I think Brisker was the only player to go down and only miss one play. He did that about 3 times against Wisconsin. He seems to have a shoulder problem that can be fixed quickly but is painful. No way does our team want him to miss any plays.

Mustipher was on crutches. One safety I believe was clearly hurt and I don’t believe he returned.

That leaves number 17. Was he hurt or winded or taking a dive? It is pretty skeptical to believe that he took a dive and there is no evidence to support it. I guess he could have been winded or cramping or maybe he had taken a shot to his privates. Whatever, there is no indication of conspiracy or strategy.
The play just before, 17 got up limping. Check the tape.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawklad24
Well, so now we have an Iowa coach and a national television announcer essentially making Iowa’s case?

Fall on whatever sword you wish. But this is pretty thin.
One of the things I haven't heard mentioned is how hot it has been here for this time of year - from the end of September through Oct 2 it was in the 80s to 90 in Iowa City. It was over 80 at game time. State College temps have been much lower this month, so I would not be surprised if PSU players were cramping up a bit while Iowa players were not as much since they've been used to it. It cooled down to the lower 70s here mid-week, but it's mainly been 79 or higher during the day. Anything above 77 is considered the danger zone. State College high temps have been in the 60s and low 70s for the past few weeks, hitting a high of 80 this past Monday.

One of the things I haven't heard mentioned is how hot it has been here for this time of year - from the end of September through Oct 2 it was in the 80s to 90 in Iowa City. It was over 80 at game time. State College temps have been much lower this month, so I would not be surprised if PSU players were cramping up a bit while Iowa players were not as much since they've been used to it. It cooled down to the lower 70s here mid-week, but it's mainly been 79 or higher during the day. Anything above 77 is considered the danger zone. State College high temps have been in the 60s and low 70s for the past few weeks, hitting a high of 80 this past Monday.
Ole Miss had twice as many injuries against Arkansas as we had against Iowa. I don’t think any of their guys were out more than a play or two. I haven’t heard any conspiracy theories about them faking injuries….the explanation was cramping.

Reactions: We Are . . .
He must talk fast because the flop happened less than five seconds after the play ended.
It was more like 28 seconds after the play ended. The play ended at the 7 second mark of the video. As the camera pans back across the field you can see Ebiketie sitting upright on the turf at the 13 second mark, and then the coach demonstrated the flop at about the 35 second mark.

It was more like 28 seconds after the play ended. The play ended at the 7 second mark of the video. As the camera pans back across the field you can see Ebiketie sitting upright on the turf at the 13 second mark, and then the coach demonstrated the flop at about the 35 second mark.
So it’s okay for the coach to act like a child as long as enough time passes…got it.

My mistake. So then it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. The guy had 28 seconds to opt to not be a jackass. He did it anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT